2/19/2005 Roll-Call: Who's Comin'???

Sounds like a deal!

I can bring the cards and the chips (we can even buy DCL cards on board if need be), we can set aside part of a night to play a bit.

Nothing fancy or expensive (penny/nickel/dime, etc.), just to have some Texas hold-em fun.

The only thing we'd need to figure out is where. I was thinking on the bridge, but the captain may have some objections. :D

Where do people do these things with a table big enough for 5 or so?

(Also...I'm a better organizer than a recruiter, even though we got three people right away...so if anyone can get one or two more...)

My DH will probably join in, too. Also, we are traveling with another couple so they might want to play.

I'm sure we could use a table in one of the lounges or maybe up on deck if it's not too windy. I wouldn't want my WINNING hands blowing away!! :eek: LOL

Joanne

Anyone like Texas Hold 'em?

LOVE Texas Hold 'em !!!

I'm guessing we won't have a hard time finding a table, as long as we keep it to 5-6 people.

Hey, it's our first Disney Cruise! Booked today. 7 days of sun & fun. Coming from LA, CA.

Gots questions! Would love advice!

Wife (DF?) Son (DS? - 5) and I are coming.

1. Airfare not yet booked. Coming from the west, should we fly on 2/18? Stay a night in Orlando, wherever, or should we fly in on the 19th?
2. What's the best way to get to the ship? I hear Disney offers a $49 per person airport pick up.
3. What do I need to book NOW for shore / shipboard activities?
4. What are the best parent/5-year old together activities?

Ambitions for the trip are quality time with son & wife both together & seperately! Would love to meet with, chat, email before cruise anyone who has the inside scoop, advice, etc. Most grateful for this forum and site!

JWC
johncork@mac.com

Dreamer04 said:
Anyone like Texas Hold 'em?
Count me in...

My son-in-law and I would love to play. Looks like we'll have more than enough interested cruisers.

1. Airfare not yet booked. Coming from the west, should we fly on 2/18? Stay a night in Orlando, wherever, or should we fly in on the 19th?

Do not fly in the day of the cruise. If you're coming in from LA, I don't think you'd be able to land in time anyway. Come in the day before, enjoy a day/night in Orlando or Port Canaveral, then come over to the ship at 11:30AM Saturday and enjoy the cruise!

2. What's the best way to get to the ship? I hear Disney offers a $49 per person airport pick up.

Believe it or not, it's cheaper to rent a car at the airport, use it for the night, then return it at Port Canaveral to the same car agency, but find one that has a shuttle to the ship from the drop-off location.

Or, you can stay at the Orlando Hyatt at the airport and hook up with DCL Saturday morning at the airport. They will take you to the ship from there. No car needed, but it will cost $25 per person for DCL to take you to the ship.

3. What do I need to book NOW for shore / shipboard activities?

It's probably best to call DCL and ask about the excursions you're interested in. I booked the Coral World/Ocean Park & Island Drive excursion at St. Thomas, and I was left with the noon excursion. The 8AM was sold out. And this was a month ago!

4. What are the best parent/5-year old together activities?

Basically...almost any of them.

There's a little-known activity they run once a cruise called the Disney (or Mickey) 500. It's where they give you wheels, toothicks, car parts, a potato and a carrot, and you have to make a running car out of the potato and the carrot. Then you race it. It is an absolute blast! Look for it in the Navigators.

Hey Mickey!

Many, many thanks for the sage advice. Air is booked, and we'll lock down the hotel for the Friday night ASAP. And I'll get activities booked, too.

Thanks again!

Best,
John

Our date is getting close!!

I have a question for everyone here. My DS, 11, is quite shy and does not want to go to the clubs because he doesn't know anyone. Does anyone have a DS around my son's age that he could perhaps connect with ahead of time? It would be nice for him to have someone that he could meet at the clubs.

Thanks,

Joanne

Joanne, I have 1-month-shy-of-11 triplets, two of them being boys. I'll also have an almost-10 year old nephew with me. I'll also have my other two nieces with me, 12 and 9, six kids in all. I must be nuts.

I'm sure my "oldest" son will be hanging around the Oceaneer's Club a lot, he likes to make new friends, so things look good! (My other son and nephew are joined at the hip, I doubt they'll be in the club).

When we get closer to the cruise, we can exchange info and have them meet! (Maybe even while we're playing poker :teeth: )

Mike,

That sounds great!! Thanks so much for the reply. I look forward to meeting you and your crew of kids.

Joanne

My feet hurt...cuz I did the document dance last night!!! :banana:

When the docs arrive, that's always, for me, when it hits me that we are, indeed, cruising.

Now to sift through all this stuff.

Congrats!! I'm so jealous....

No docs here :sad2:

Joanne

MickeyB426 said:
My feet hurt...cuz I did the document dance last night!!! :banana:

When the docs arrive, that's always, for me, when it hits me that we are, indeed, cruising.

Now to sift through all this stuff.

:cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:
LUCKYYYYYYYYY!!

I CAN'T WAIT!

I am jealous no more because.......

I got my docs today!!!!

:Pinkbounc :banana: :bounce: :cool1: :cheer2: :jumping1: :dancer: :thewave:

Joanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter