2/19/2005 Roll-Call: Who's Comin'???

Lew said:
Looks like we're going to be anchoring and tendering in St. Thomas on this cruise.

Is that a bad thing or a good thing??

Joanne

jmcross said:

Joanne

If we were to dock, we could walk right off the boat. It would require hiring a taxi to get to Charlotte Amalie for shopping, restaurants, etc.

Tendering will require that we take a small boat to transfer to land. I believe the boat (tender) brings us directly to Charlotte Amalie which would eliminate having to pay for a taxi.

To me, the tender seems fine. Other's who have actually sailed to St. Thomas may be able to provide more info.

BTW, Joanne.....Go Pats!

Nice link, Lew...very interesting!

The last time we were in St Thomas we tendered. I didn't mind it so much. Besides, we'll be at the Coral World excursion anyway.

We might be going to Coral World also but we'll do it on our own rather than through an excursion. Still haven't made up our minds yet between Coki Beach/Coral World or Sapphire Beach.....

Lew~I agree!!

:cheer2: GO PATS!! :cheer2:

Joanne

The reason I took the excursion was because there would have been a chance that my DW would have said "let's go back to the boat, I'm tired" after getting up so early that morning (immigration) after staying up late the night before (fireworks).

So now we'll go to Coral World, Coki Beach, and the Top of the Mountin shopping area and all of it is out of my control. :cool1:

I can't even imagine what it's like to have someone else plan the excursions. DH just says "whatever!" We're renting a car on St Martin and I think going to Coral World and Coki Beach at St Thomas. This is especially because it looks like several other cruise liners will be there and Magen's Bay could be overcrowded.

Hi all! Getting real close! I got my docs on Monday!

We're thinking of goinf to Coki Beach on St Thomas while DH Ppalys golf.

jmcross said:

Joanne

That depends. People in a power chair or electric scooter cannot be tenderized and have to remain on the ship.... I would rather not travel all that way and miss visiting such a beautiful island.

Dreamer04 said:
We're booked for on Jetblue from JFK on 2/18, arriving about 5PM. We're spending the night at the MCO Hyatt, and having DCL take the luggage and Happy Limo take us to the port.

Our daughter, son-in-law and grandson are on the same flight. They're connecting at JFK from Burlington, VT. We're picking them up at MCO. If you see a silver VW Touareg with Vermont license plates, give us a wave...it's us!!

We're driving down Wednesday, February 9th...spending a few days in Myrtle Beach, then on to Lake Buena Vista for five nights before the cruise. After the cruise we'll be at OKW for two weeks before driving home.

See you all on board!!

When and where are we planning to meet??

I can't believe all of this excitement between the Patriots winning yesterday and the anticipation of this upcoming cruise!!! :banana:

Joanne

Do we have any specific ON THE SHIP meeting details!!!!?????

Good one, Lew!! :rotfl:

jmcross said:
Do we have any specific ON THE SHIP meeting details!!!!?????

As of Wednesday morning I'll be kinda' out of touch with the DIS. Anytime / anyplace is fine with me.

I'll check a day or two prior to boarding to see what has been decided.

See you all on board!!

I'm game for meeting pretty much anywhere, though I'm betting that we're all better off meeting before or during the sail-away celebration.

For my part, I'll be in Orlando on Wednesday night the 16th and will be staying at the BCV until Saturday morning.

I still have to pick up poker chips.

Vote for on the ship here. We're flying from PVD to MCO on Friday the 18th, and then driving to the Port on Saturday morning. For others who know, is meeting at Sail-away viable? I've got our DIS buttons.

I'm game for meeting at the sail away party but keep in mind that there will be hundreds of other people there. We will need a specific place to meet. I didn't get the buttons and I suppose it's too late now. I'm just wondering how we'll all recognize each other in a crowd. Any ideas??

Joanne

Hey Lew~

I just read in another post where your cabin is. Looks like we'll be neighbors!

Joanne

I guess the best way to pick me out of the crowd is to let you know what I look like. This is me with a few of my boys.

me-kiss-1_large.jpg

I'm the guy in the middle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter