Everyday Swap ~ 11/5
Other Parks ~ 11/17

December:
ABC Elements ~ 12/7
Disney Duo/Couples - 12/10

January 2011
Holiday Elements ~ 1/19/2011
Surprise ~ 2/11/2011

Smaller Swaps- we are looking at adding 2 of these per month into the calendar. See first post above for hostessing guidelines. If a name is beside the swap they were the last hostess of the swap and they have first dibs in hostessing the swap again. If they post or pm me they don't want it I will take their name off the list for it. If I have a suggested time for a swap it is due to the fact that it is a swap were are in the process of doing or have just completed.
examples:

out of parks (fall time)
events (fall time)
pets
surprise

Technique Swaps (1 per month)- anything that is technique driven or more of altered art than for our books
examples
Shakers
Altered Paperclips
Paper Bag Albums
ATC- Michi Belle

Gift Swap (1 per month)- swap designed to be gifts for other
examples:
roladex- Partyof3
planners
Altered Binder Clips

Purchase Swaps (1 per month)- buy something and send it in, should be due within 6 weeks(for our international swappers)
Grocery Bags- Party of 3
Jar of Whimsy

Hostessing:

Hostessing a swap:
1. Check in on your swap at least once a week.
2. Respond to questions promptly.
3. Once you have received items put them somewhere safe until everything arrives.
4. If someone's items are not up to standard let them know and work with them on correcting the situation.
5. Once you have the items divide them out for people quickly and mail them out. Make sure you are keeping on top of this and staying in contact as you do this.

Larger Swaps(Red): we ask that you have been swapping with us for at least a year before hostessing these- they take a lot of work to organize and divide. I am also asking for each hostess to limit themselves to 1 of these swaps for the year.

Other Swaps(smaller/technique/bought)- we ask that you have been swapping with us for at least 6 months and have participated in at least 4 swaps. I ask you to limit yourself to hostessing 3 of these for the year.

Thanks,

Rebecca

I think we should include the hardest part about hostessing.

Telling someone when their items aren't made to the guideline minimums. Whether that be layer amounts, embellishment level, size, or quantity. If we don't tell the swapper, they can't grow. Style, colors, types of embellishment are not eligible for critiquing.

Examples {off the top of my head, not anything that really ever happened}

Making only one of the element when it states two. One mat or one border or one mini folder instead of two - same or mixed. Some swaps only require one and some require two, this is where you really need to double check each of your swaps before mailing them-I have done this myself and had to mail in the other items

Having only a single layer on a tag when it says it needs to be double matted.

Not embellishing a photo mat.

Only sending in one element choice when it states pick two element choices.

:sad1:I am guilty of not checking items as they arrive. When I had two swaps due close together, I didn't want to mix up the items. Now that we are spreading out the hostess duties, this won't be an issue for me anymore. I will check the items as they arrive, so if there are problems, they can be resolved before the due date.

Maybe not only PMing the swapper to explain... we should highlight in a different color and BOLD the amount needed in the sign up (maybe it's missed in all the wording)...
maybe it will grab their attention.... its an honest mistake and that is exactly what you are saying..... so don't think I'm insinuating anything else...

I have a checklist to make sure.... wonder where that is..
Double matted
Embellished once
Embellished twice
Topper/ 1 element
2 elements..

Boy, I am overly anal about getting things right... eeeeekkkk..

I'm sure they are honest mistakes. We aren't the only board that some people swap on and there may be different guidelines for those boards.

I take the sign up post and copy and paste it into Word. I then edit it down to - WHEN DUE/MAIL BY
- How Many Element Choices or Pages
- What Way Embellished (single, two, triple[ATC])
- The Element Choice Guidelines (bolding #PP)
- Just My Groups

Print it out and keep it with my swap ideas.

When I'm hostessing, I keep everybody's groups and print it out.

looks good Rebecca!!

I think we are going to have a busy swapping year ahead of us. I've seen a lot of great ideas.

Bumping up for people to start filling in other parts of the calendar. Once again please let me know you first swap on the board wehen you ask for hostessing duties.

Rebecca

I think we should include the hardest part about hostessing.

Telling someone when their items aren't made to the guideline minimums. Whether that be layer amounts, embellishment level, size, or quantity. If we don't tell the swapper, they can't grow. Style, colors, types of embellishment are not eligible for critiquing.

Great! This info would be helpful. As someone who has only joined the scrappy world (and the dramatic excitement of swaps!!!) in the past year, I'd echo the clarifications and maybe add "paper standards" to the list of specifications. I learned quickly about the different paper types, brand names, thicknesses, textures, etc. But some folks might not. Not everyone knows about 65# or 80# cardstock paper or whatever, but maybe some guidance like "Bazzill or equivalent weight cardstock" or something like that...IF that is important to the hostess or majority of the swap participants. Since a lot of the patterned paper can be flimsy/delicate, maybe require backing it with heavier stock, to at least protect it during shipping? Just thinking out loud...since no one wants so much effort to get damaged during mailing.

Rebecca, I'd like to hostess a card swap at some point in the year too. Just throwing it out there.

(I started swapping with the Rolodex ABC swap that NEE hostessed, not sure when that was exactly!).

Rebecca, I'd like to hostess a card swap at some point in the year too. Just throwing it out there.

(I started swapping with the Rolodex ABC swap that NEE hostessed, not sure when that was exactly!).
That was 2 summers/falls ago- summer/fall 2008

You are listed as the previous hostess(you will find it under smaller swaps)- just post the month you want it and I will add it in.

Rebecca

That was 2 summers/falls ago- summer/fall 2008

You are listed as the previous hostess(you will find it under smaller swaps)- just post the month you want it and I will add it in.

Rebecca

Sorry, I must have skimmed over that. How about July? Will that work? I'm easy and can be moved around as needed :)

Yes, I am still interested in doing the DL swap. I just hope that there are enough Disneylander's around by Feb, so many are still MIA.

I'll also do the paper piecing swap again, I am thinking summerish, after the DL swap is done.

Yes, I am still interested in doing the DL swap. I just hope that there are enough Disneylander's around by Feb, so many are still MIA.

I'll also do the paper piecing swap again, I am thinking summerish, after the DL swap is done.

If Feb doesn't work when it comes up we can set it back later in the year- most people that are heavily involved in that swap don't do as much in the other Disney Park swaps.

I have paper piecing down for June for now.

Rebecca

rebecca,
i'd like to do the rolodex one and the bag one as well.
i'll think about dates and get back to you. is that ok?

rebecca,
i'd like to do the rolodex one and the bag one as well.
i'll think about dates and get back to you. is that ok?

That is fine- I would suggest waiting till at least April for the bag one as you just finished that one up.

Rebecca

I would like to do the newbie swap. I've been swapping for a few years here, but haven't hosted, so I will keep it small. I would like to have it be MK themed (since I don't have much for MK in my stash!). I'd like to start it at the end of April with it due in June.

If a spot for a recipe swap becomes available, I'd like to host one of those too.

I'd like to take slidemounts in August if that would be okay!

Due end of Sept.

Are you making a list of the due dates too so we don't have them all ending at one time???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter