2010 Swap Calendar

Can we put the Sketch Swap in January? I would classify it as a smaller swap. Groups of 4, Limited to 5 groups total.

I am updated to here! Michellepooh- I didn't move the swap as AR didn't think she would be able to do it with the times that work for you.

Rebecca

Can we push the flower swap back a little this year? Its good to buy flowers on sale (I always do:goodvibes) but we go away in Feb - only a week but I worry about stuff:eek: - so we could have sign-ups beg March, mailings to reach me by end March then I can get them all swapped out over Easter and back in time for pics of Easter bonnets:goodvibes

I'm fine with people buying flowers ahead and waiting for me to open sign-ups - I can shuffle colours etc. if necessary

Can we push the flower swap back a little this year? Its good to buy flowers on sale (I always do:goodvibes) but we go away in Feb - only a week but I worry about stuff:eek: - so we could have sign-ups beg March, mailings to reach me by end March then I can get them all swapped out over Easter and back in time for pics of Easter bonnets:goodvibes

I'm fine with people buying flowers ahead and waiting for me to open sign-ups - I can shuffle colours etc. if necessary

Sign-ups in March are fine- actually they only month that it doesn't work on the calendar is January I will out it down for March though.

Rebecca

I am sad to AR, mom and I won't be able to do the cruise swap either. I am going to Europe in mid-May and hopefully WDW for 6 months starting in June! We are going on DCL in March though and are really excited.

Just getting back online now.

I'm kind of scaling back on my Disney swapping as I'm also scaling back on the WDW trips for now. If someone else has strong desires to host the resort swap, I'm willing to give it up, but if you need an experienced hostess because it's a big one, I'm also fine with keeping it - it's still my favorite one. It doesn't matter to me at all when it is - you can fit it in the calendar whenever it works best with the other ones.

Hope - don't change the dates just for me, but we're thinking of a trip to DL next year, except we won't know for sure if it's on until March. If you moved that one to later, I may join.

Two hands up for Disneyland! lol

Yes, I am still interested in doing the DL swap. I just hope that there are enough Disneylander's around by Feb, so many are still MIA.

I'll also do the paper piecing swap again, I am thinking summerish, after the DL swap is done.

Bumping u[ in case there are some other hostesses that want swaps added to the calendar.

Rebecca

What happened to the "All about me" swap? :confused3 I've got an album waiting:rolleyes1

What happened to the "All about me" swap? :confused3 I've got an album waiting:rolleyes1

I want to do it but I also know that at least for the first half of the year a number of people are on a bit of a hiatus. I will add it once I know when i can hostess it. I may have some big things coming up right after the new year that would make me put off doing so for a number of months.

Rebecca

Fair enough! Gives me time to lose weight for my photo:thumbsup2

I'd love to hostess a surprise swap or something similar if there's room and the previous hostess isn't interested. I didn't see it on the list for anyone specific. :)

Hey what about a border swap .. with certain swaps costing a ton to mail .. I have been watching some swaps and how spending s/h will be ..

But with borders they always will fit in a priority envelope (2x9.5 or so) .. they won't weight a ton .. and borders can be easily added to 12x12 pages or 8.5x11 pages ..

Another idea I'd like to host is called a Letter of the Word, WAY cute and easy on the s/h .. its where you make the letter of a word you pick .. for instance Mickey, someone would make each letter then when you put it together it makes a darling 'word' for where you went at Disney!

Just thinking aloud here ...

Hey what about a border swap .. with certain swaps costing a ton to mail .. I have been watching some swaps and how spending s/h will be ..

But with borders they always will fit in a priority envelope (2x9.5 or so) .. they won't weight a ton .. and borders can be easily added to 12x12 pages or 8.5x11 pages ..

Another idea I'd like to host is called a Letter of the Word, WAY cute and easy on the s/h .. its where you make the letter of a word you pick .. for instance Mickey, someone would make each letter then when you put it together it makes a darling 'word' for where you went at Disney!

I like the letter of the word idea.

I haven't seen a lot of borders here, although lately I have made a few.

I got a couple in the colour swap - were they yours? I loved them:goodvibes I only have one left to use.

I think for some the problem of the border is the size - fine if everyone is 12 x 12 but what about the smaller ones? (At least CM is proper sizes now!)

I suppose we could have 12" and 8" groups

I like the letter of the word idea. Would you mind if I incorporated that into my Magic Kingdom swap that's coming up? I was thinking I could do one group of that along with the regular element groups.

Hmmm, I like the letter idea, but I'm extremely AR (hard to believe, huh? :lmao: ) How will you make sure everyone matches? It would make me crazy if the M didn't match the I, C, K, E, Y etc. Would you ask everyone to use the same colors and/or paper lines? :confused3

Or, is there a way to do just say "Monograms?" Say I do the M for Mickey (make it on the large size), and you do an E for Epcot, and then everyone would make their own ickey or pcot? You know what I mean?

I've had large decorated monogrammes in a surprise swap and did just that - used the big M with a Mickey head on it and did the rest just in sticky letters (worked a treat;)). It looks good on a page too - stops the title overwhelming the pics:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter