2010 Swap Calendar

i would be willing do run both in one swap.

but if that's not want you all want then that's ok

i would be willing do run both in one swap.

but if that's not want you all want then that's ok

:confused3 I don't see a problem with running them both, but we should have Nan or Rebecca weigh in on that.

The swapping out would be easy as these are small and won't take up too much space in your house doing both at the same time.

The rules are pretty simple.

If you hosted it before, you get first dibs. If that hostess declines it is up for grabs.

Being a hostess has more rules with how many swaps you have completed successfully and communication.

So since Holly has already done the Monthly one, it is "hers" until she doesn't want to do it anymore.

This year we did try to let go of some of the swaps in order to make room for new hostesses. I think the ABC was one of them. I know there are few I let go of to make room.

I know Susan wasn't trying to step on Holly's toes. And I also know that there won't be any weird vibes after this either. :hug: Susan is so not that kind of person.

:flower3: Sorry Holly if we made you feel bad.

i'd love to hostess but i will let Nan, Rebecca or Buffy weigh in.......

I just saw ROLODEX and assumed it was Holly's. I didn't realize there was a difference in Alphabet versus Monthly.

I suggested a swap some time ago, and no one said anything about my running with it, but when another person came along and said she'd like to hostess, everyone said "OK, sure". So, I guess it was just me...

No hard feelings, no weird vibes. Just talking out of turn, I guess.

i thought it was mine too. i'm not sure why.....

there should be no hard feelings or vibes. we are all adults here. i just think that it should be fair. that's all.

My foot meets my mouth on a daily basis. Ask Nan. If I wasn't so darn cute, she'd probably take me to the pound. :rotfl:

From all I understand with hosting it is exactly what AWM stated... you had it.. it's yours til you give it up or you ask for someone to take it over... this year we did a lot of opening up to new hostesses because it was like there were many of us hosting the swaps with no room for new hostesses to move in.

The rules are NOT written in blood for hosting except for that we ask you to have been on the boards and get to know the other members of our community for 6 months.. We also ask that you have completed 3+ swaps successfully...meaning not late, communicate w/ previous hostesses, hold up to your end of the bargain...

As for the mods, we are here to lend an ear and keep peace we are not dictators... WE are just here to make our community ~ happy, healthy and a friendly atmosphere. Again we are NOT dictators.. That being said, when we see issues arise we will step in.. For example, we keep the swap calendar so things are NOT overloaded. It's great to have swaps but when we have 5 or more going at the same time that take a lot of time or commitment, we need to step in and spread them out to help all swappers and hostesses enjoy the experience and receive quality work.

Holly~ I'm sure Susan meant nothing by inquiring about the rolodex swap. But if it's not on the board as scheduled yet (maybe even a month) than that would lead her to question when/if we are having one. I too do not believe that any ill-will was intended. NOR do I believe anyone was trying to step on Holly's toes but instead asked the question, a very good question at that.

Personally, I think it would be best to hold the rolodex swap together.. ABC/Monthly or whatever you have in mind. I think that if you separate, someone might get them confused (ACCIDENTLY) and send ABC to lets say Susan and Monthly to Holly when it was supposed to be vise-versa. Easy mistake.

This being said if my 2 cents..

So going by the rules, Holly should pick a month for sign ups and due date.

And Holly would be doing the Monthly and ABC rolodex swap.

Yes?

I do believe the confusion lies in the fact that yes, Holly is listed on the rolodex but no date set on the calendar. If you are looking for sign ups quickly, you would miss the rolodex swap (Gift one) listed at the bottom not on the calendar as "tentative or scheduled for" under a specified month, make sense?

Holly, if you want the rolodex pick a month and lets get it on the calendar.
I would suggest you decide which you are hosting...abc/monthly/disney and we can note it to the side. Make sense???

Again, I was just making an observation based on my own (misunderstood) meaning of the ROLODEX swap.

I know Susan was not treading on anyone's toes.

Peace, sistahs!

Please remember things can be easily over looked so if you haven't received a response about wanting to host a specific swap PLEASE allow one of the mods to know... or post an interest thread with a BIG BOLD notation that you are just looking to see if there is any interest in this swap and that dates will be forth-coming if there is enough interest shown.

I personally have missed posts and have received emails.... it's an easy mistake.... I missed the news for Lisa for two days.... I felt horrible..still feel horrible that I missed it...but it does happen!

ok.

so when Nan asked me when i wanted to host the rolodex so she could put it on the calendar i think i was so overwhelmed by either loosing my mother or trying to deal with the fact that i was about to loose my mother. there. i've said it.:sad1: i could not have picked a date if i wanted to at that moment. so i said give me a little time to think about dates.
fast forward to today......

can i please have a day to think about dates??

and i'd love to host them all in one swap but if that's not ok please tell me.

I :love: you Holly. Would never want to cause you more pain than you already have.

This would be a good time for you post that interest thread to see what month, theme, and monthly vs ABC everyone would want to do.

now that i think about it, it was Rebecca and i think it was christmas time???

Holly ~ I don't know when the dates were requested.... probably was late last year...but I didn't do much w/ the calendar.. HOWEVER, I can get into Rebecca's OP and update any information you have. So, look over your calendar and get back to me by the end of the week and I will get you updated.... No worries....

I'm sure trying to pick a date is overwhelming especially when dealing w/ family issues like you have been. It's okay.. no one is mad at you.. We are now resolving any confusion.....

It's all good.. lets move on...
So, Holly.. I'll hear from you by week's end as to dates that work in your schedule. If you would please let me know 3 things..
1. Sign up Date
2. Due date
3. what is involved (abc/monthly/disney/???)
#3 is more so people can see if they are interested.

I do think a interest thread would be nice.. no reason to add ABC or Everyday if no one is interested..wasting a lot of your time setting it up for it to fall apart..Know what I mean? Just note (in BOLD) in the interest thread that dates are forth-coming depending upon how much interest. You'll get interest I'm sure because they are great holiday gifts...

Yikes! Sorry ladies! I got out my rolodex today for Nan's address and thought I'd like to make more! Did a quick and non-thorough check and didn't see it. Then, because I was lazy, I added dates so I didn't have to come back and do it later.
:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter