"Adulting"

How do you feel about the word "adulting"?

• I use it.

Votes: 28 19.3%
  • I think it's cute.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • I don't mind it.

Votes: 56 38.6%
  • It drive me nuts.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • I judge people who use it.

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • I used to hate it, but this thread miraculously changed my mind.

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the term, for a lot of reasons previously stated by other posters.

Not sure why substitutions have to be made to sound "cute," when you can just say what you want to say!

"I got tired of dusting and decided to go out for walk in the park."
vs.
"Taking a walk sure beats adulting any day!"

I know I shouldn't judge, but I know which one sounds more mature to me.

Mature as in boring and like a 90 year old granny. Can you imagine how boring social media would be if we had to read something dry like that.

Mature as in boring and like a 90 year old granny. Can you imagine how boring social media would be if we had to read something dry like that.

Some of us hide people on social media that have the kind of humor you find interesting. I prefer what you call "boring." I'm well over 30 years away from being a 90 year old granny. It's all a matter of perspective.

See, the above is yet another example of how this is a very very negative word/term.

Adults take walks... (In fact, as an adult, I try to 'walk' every day possible)
Don't adults enjoy an evening with friends over drinks, etc?

But, if it is actually being responsible, it is just an unthinkable negative, a 'responsibility' or task, that one should NEVER, EVER, have to spend time doing. Good God Forbid.

It shows entitlement, as well.

It is just another way of saying I want to be an immature person who should never be expected to have to be responsible for anything that I just don't want to do. 'Adulting' is just a new way of saying that, without having to actually type it out, and admit it.

it is whining.... Like the perpetual five year old.... "BUT I DON'T WANNA !!!!!!!!" "BUT I DON'T WANNA !!!!!!!!" "BUT I DON'T WANNA !!!!!!!!"

After a while, it is like fingers on a chalk board!
I was gonna reply to this with some personal insight but I stopped adulting a few minutes ago.

Also, I DON'T WANNA!!!!!!

I'm probably more annoyed that it's overly used at this point...all the merch that is out there :crazy2:. The occasional saying on FB doesn't really bother me though. I will say though I've yet to hear an actual person say it rather than being on social media or something they own..I'm thinking I'm not hanging out with the right people though based on other people's responses on this thread :P:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter