American Idol - Spoiler - Are People Stupid????

My DD and I were talking about how far each of them will go. I said don't be surprised if Josh hangs in there because of the current climate in the world.

I still was shocked that Ruben was in the bottom two. I'm glad that he didn't get cut, but sheesh, it's getting to the nail biting, sitting on the edge of the seat time.

This is actually a wake up call now for the Ruben, Clay and Kim fans to get in there and VOTE and VOTE, MANY MANY TIMES if they don't want AI to have a Tamyra upset again this year.

At least my local station cut back just as it was announced that Trenyce was leaving. I do understand that since there actually tornados on the ground about 30 miles north of us the weather does take precedence, but since I didn't even get home until 7:30, I was really wanting to see what happened. Needless to say, I am shocked that Josh is still there (wait, I said that already!)

Next week should be really interesting. I wonder if Josh has been singing bad on purpose so he can be voted off. He was really off key last night and both his songs were terrible. He doesn't look like he is having any fun.

I had a hard time getting through to vote for Ruben last night. I wonder if that's why he was in the bottom two.

No doubt Josh should've been there and HE knew it, too.

Makes us really look forward to the next weeks to come when it isn't obvious who is going. Next week maybe Clay will get a taste of the bottom and things will really heat up.

I was shocked to see Ruben in the bottom two! I was almost in tears looking at Josh - I think he knows it should have been him up there instead of Ruben.

I like Josh as a person and I do think that being a Marine is helping him get votes, but he just can't compare to the others ability wise.

Glad to see Ruben is safe.

I really want to see Clay win it all. The fact remains that whether he wins or not, he will be in the buisness. I mean Neil Sedaka said that he would kill to write and produce Clay's first CD, he sure didn't say that to anyone else. I like Reuben also, they will both get offers, even if they don't win. I am patriotic, but I won't vote for Josh simply because he is a marine, it's about the best singer.

The first thing I thought, well after saying "No "#*#*" way!" about 10 times, was how miserable Josh looked and must have been feeling. During the commercial my husband and I were saying that maybe Josh would stand up and say "With all respect I have to step down" or something like that; he is obviously very unhappy. We really thought he would do it! But sadly, no. I can't believe Ruben was in the bottom 2, but I also think it's wrong that Trenyce went when she did so well last night. It should have been Josh and he knows it. Worse yet, he has to stand up and sing again next week when he knows that everyone else knows he shouldn't be there (and you know Simon will say so). He should've stepped down, it would have been better for him in the long (and short) run.
:(

I can't believe Josh wasn't voted off either. Even though I like Josh, I felt his last few performances have not been good.
I don't think him being a Marine has anything to do with him still being here. I think it's more of the fact that people knew that Josh was probably the one most in danger of being voted off after last night's performances.
So let's say you're a Ruben fan. You go to call last night and the phone is constantly busy, so you just figure the heck with it Ruben will be safe I don't need to keep trying to get through, but on the other hand, if you're a Josh fan, you'll keep calling until you get through because you know his butt is on the line.
So, hopefully this will be a wake-up call to everyone that if you want someone to win, you better call, because you never know.

I don't think he should feel obligated to step down. Whether WE feel he deserves to be there or not, there are people who believe that he does. I tried voting for 3 different ones last night and never could get through, so I don't know how some get so lucky as to vote a jillion times.

I really dread next week when Josh has to perform. I just know that Simon is going to make him know that he has no right being there and that only a major fiasco will keep him there any longer. Although I don't feel Josh SHOULD step down, I did have the feeling that he may resign. I just hope he is put out of his misery next week and gets to go home to his family and duties.

Josh is next.

I think that Kim and Ruben will be the last standing. I like Clay, and he is great, but Kim an Ruben have that something.

I was shocked that Ruben was in the bottom 2, but I for one am very glad that Trenyce is gone!

Josh better be next, or I will stop watching the show. Tonight's episode was utter madness! :(

I think that people are forgetting that there is a large contingent of country fans out there who may just like Josh's style and may be voting en masse for him particularly after Simon's nasty comments. Like the style of music or not, a lot of people do and that can make a big difference. And it is the choice of the voters after all so Josh should definitely NOT even consider stepping down.

I think that Clay will win regardless. No one came close to him last night IMO.

Just thought that I would throw my two cents worth in here. I am a huge country music fan & I really like Josh (he's just so darn cute), but I don't think that he has that "star quality" like the others do. Sometimes he just seems so stiff and nervous during his performances. It really doesn't matter to me who wins because I think they are all talented and I would buy any of there CD's, but I was really surprised with the bottom 2 tonight......

:crazy:

Originally posted by Disneynut11676
Just thought that I would throw my two cents worth in here. I am a huge country music fan & I really like Josh (he's just so darn cute), but I don't think that he has that "star quality" like the others do. Sometimes he just seems so stiff and nervous during his performances. It really doesn't matter to me who wins because I think they are all talented and I would buy any of there CD's, but I was really surprised with the bottom 2 tonight......

:crazy:
But then again maybe I'm wrong. ;)

It IS interesting, whatever is going on.

Go Clay!!!!

I am not a Reuben fan, but I can't believe Josh made it past this wek - and not even in the bottom 2!! I live Trenyce, but I agree with Simon :eek: that she is really a Caberet singer, not a poop idol. Josh probably has a great career in Country music.

I think the final 2 will be Kimberly and Clay, with Clay winning. but I am a Kimberly fan all the way!

Wow. Just Wow. As I told my DH, this gives new meaning to the term "rally the troups"! I'll be dialing my fingers to the bone next week for Clay, and Kim L. if she keeps it up. I figure plenty of people will be voting for Ruben. Diana

Edited because it's good to spell names right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter