American Idol - Spoiler - Are People Stupid????

I have but one observation (as a Josh fan)...in the group singing tonight, did he not do a wonderful job and was not countryish? I think he let himself go a little because he figured he would be gone. He looked so upset tonight when Ruben was in the bottom two.

I don't think you can resign or step down and nor should he.

I know what you mean, I will be voting like a mad woman for Clay next week. I tried to get through for 45 minutes to vote last night with no luck. I would love to know who got what % of votes last night. Is there a way to find out?

After seeing Tamira tonight, its good to know that you are really good you will do well. I'm glad Rueben wasn't voted off but you can bet if he was there would be something in the works for him.

I was also very surprised to see Ruben in the bottom two tonight. I think it will shake all of them up a little bit and keep them all on their toes! Josh definitely should have been the one to go. But I'm just glad that Clay is doing so well. I think that he will win. He really has a teriffic voice and a lot of star quality. It will be very interesting to watch how things develop during the next few weeks!

I agree with Simon that she is really a Caberet singer, not a poop idol.

I know this was a typo, but I just couldn't stop laughing. When it comes to Trenyce, I think poop idol is fitting! :teeth:

I didn't think it was shocking at all that Ruben was in the bottom 2, people thought he would be safe so they didn't take the time to vote. I thought the whole emotional display of disgust the judges made was kinda silly and over the top and I don't understand why they thought it was because voters didn't like his performance. Week after week Ruben's done well and been at the top, so people, myself included didn't vote for him last night. Even tonight on the phone with my mom she said Wow, I didn't vote for Ruben last night because I assumed he'd be safe, my response-me too!

I thought it would be a toss up between Josh and Trenyce tonight but I think Trenyce did the better job last night. Josh seemed very relaxed and even happy in the group sing alongs and then after he didn't go, he seemed disappointed.

I think it will and should be Clay and Ruben in the finals.

Oh well. :)

I honestly do not think the Ruben was all that. Last night is the first time I have actually gotten to watch the "comptetition." I usually only get to tune in for the elimination. But I was very shoked to see him in the bottom two, because he is a "fan favorite."

And I agree with those saying Josh is being brought along because of his military background. Josh should have been the one to leave tonight, and from his reaction he knew it.

Maybe people messed up last night and voted for who they wanted to leave and that is why Josh is still there. People voted for him to leave but instead kept him there. :p :jester:

When my mother and I were watching, I was making fun of how Ruben always looks scared. I thought it was funny because I always said there's absolutely no chance of him being in the bottom 2. When it came down to Ruben and Josh I thought that was stupid, because I thought it was obvious who was going to be in the bottom 2. When they said it was Ruben, my jaw just dropped. I was so surprised and excited. I really wanted the top 3 to be Clay, Kim L and then either Josh/Trenyce, because I really do not understand the Ruben hype at all. The only problem now is that Ruben fans are going to be voting like crazy, and he might end up getting more votes then Clay!

I felt really bad for Josh. I know a lot of people were probably mad at him for not being in the bottom 2, but it's not his fault! You could tell he looked really upset because he knew he should have been in the bottom.

I am so glad all of you are into AI. I got home around 10 pm and the first thing I did was come to the DIS to see who got voted off. I didn't post then because DD had to use the computer.

THANKS !

I actually totally expected this. Everyone thought for sure that Josh & Trenyce would be in the bottom 2 tonight, so I was pretty sure that either Clay or Ruben would end up in the bottom 2 just to shake things up a bit. It reminds me of the week that everyone was sure that Carmen was going home, and Ricky went instead. It could have also been a ploy to inspire Ruben fans to vote more. Most of the Clay fans I talk to vote several hundred times a night, some up past a thousand, but I haven't heard of fans of any other contestant doing that yet.

Even though its supposed to be decided by the votes, there's something in the legal stuff that allows them to ignore the votes if they decide to. Its all about good tv!

If all is right with the world, Josh will be gone next week!

Just the look on Josh's face when they announced that Ruben was in the bottom two said it all. :eek:

Ruben and his fans have apparently become too complacent.

Josh does sing well, but only in fits and starts. I thought he sang well during the 60s medley, but we were not voting on that - for the performances he gave Tuesday, he should've been on his way home to the wife and kids this week.

It was my fault. I fell asleep before I got to vote for Ruben the other night.

I think Josh has the marine thing going for him (certainly not his voice although I think he could have an ok country career), plus more of his fans can probably text message.

I will not fall asleep next week. I will vote 10 times for Ruben!!!

I posted this in the other thread but its worth posting again....how could Ruben be in the bottom two and Kim and Josh be safe....Kim and Josh are NOT good singers. As much as I was glad to finally see Trenyce go....Josh was worse the other day! Because he's a marine, doesnt make him a good singer or an American idol. If Ruben and Clay are not the final two I am done watching this show.

I have never voted. Maybe I should start.

As with all of you, I was FLOORED!!! when Ruben was in the bottom two. I never vote for him because I assume he's safe. I always vote for Clay about 50 times. Next week I will vote for Ruben also.

My mom loves Josh and she called me and asked me to vote for him because she didn't know how. I called in a voted for him twice because that was all I could get in. It was CONSTANTLY busy! All of know is that if Josh wishes to continue after next week, he better "kick it up a thousand knotches." I'll be voting tons for Clay and Ruben next week. (Last year I voted about 100 times for Justin just to get Nikki off.)

I definitely hope that it is between Clay and Ruben, with Clay winning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter