American Idol - Spoiler - Are People Stupid????

Originally posted by Minnie824
Because he's a marine, doesnt make him a good singer or an American idol.

I am a Josh fan and I can agree with this statement, but I guess a lot of others feel differently. You know what I was thinking the other day...Didn't we "know" last season's idols better? I really don't feel a connection to any of them except for Josh based on what we know (which isn't a lot). I really think Josh is the one we know the most about, he has worn his heart on his sleeve, picking a crappy song because it meant something to him and his wife. Yeah we know Clay works with kids, Ruben is representin' 205, Kimberly was on her way to law school and well we knew a little more about Trenyce that could have made people feel she was NOT idol material. I think this is all something to consider as to why Josh is still in the competition.

My two cents...

Josh:
First of all, I have been a Josh fan all along, but do NOT think he is as good as Ruben or Clay and do NOT think he should still be in the competition. Some people seem to think that, because he sings "country," he doesn't have a good voice. I disagree. He has struggled with some of the themes because they didn't fit his style. The better singers (Clay, Ruben, Kimberley) have been able to adjust to the different themes because they are more versatile.

I think Josh's reaction (head in hands/embarrassment) said it all. He knows that he should have been gone. He was relaxed and ready for it. In fact, as some have mentioned here, he did an AMAZING job in the 60's medley at the beginning of the show. I think that's because he knew this was his last night and he didn't have the jitters.

Ruben:
While Ruben is very talented (and should be in the final two, I think), Tuesday was NOT his best night. He was okay, but not amazing. I think that because he wasn't "amazing" AND because people thought he was safe anyway, he probably didn't get the votes because people just didn't take the time to do it. I don't think that will happen again. I think this probably got the attention of all of the Ruben fans.

Trenyce:
I don't think it's that awful that Trenyce went before Josh. It's inevitable that they're both going to go. She did have a good night on Tuesday, but that's not enough. She's been in the bottom three more often than anyone else who's left. It shouldn't be a shock.

like a conspiracy freak, this really made me wonder how much the votes are "manipulated". If I was a producer, and wanted to make sure Reuben won and up the viewer numbers, I'd put him in the bottom two now, because then he'll get a jillion sympathy votes next week. I was really disgusted when "DAWG" said that Reuben "already was the winner" (or something to that effect). I'm a Clay fan all the way, but truly believe that good will come to him whether or not he wins.
Terri
(Who spends WAY too much time thinking this through)

I guess it just goes to show you. . .no one is safe! I'm no big Ruben supporter and feel that Clay is the AI, but even Josh knew that it was his turn on the hot seat. You can't underestimate the country/Marine fan base. After the Tamyra Gray fiasco over Nikki the Stripper last year. . . The title is up for grabs!

Not to debate the matter, but really Ruben wasn't that good on Tuesday--his game was good--not fantastic--not blow you away terrific or entertaining. That's not to say he can't sing well, but he doesn't entertain--you don't get wrapped into his performance. Each time he sings it's like the last time he sang. Not that it's a bad thing--just not very exciting.

After Ruben was dumped to the bottom of the pile by the voting public, I'm almost ready to reassess the final two--Clay & Kim--almost! Everyone is going to have to spice up those performances to the best of their abilities. Josh will--most likely be the next on the list, but who will be standing beside him?? The performance will be the whole enchilada from now on!

Now I'm really looking forward to next week.

I agree with Yoopermom. I always think conspiracy theory, though... I think the producers want Ruben to win. And they want Josh outta here.
I'm guessing voting-wise, Trenyce was definitely the one to go and Josh had the second least amount of votes. (I don't mind Trenyce leaving -- she would have been gone next week anyway.)
However, I'm thinking Ruben didn't get a TON of votes on Tuesday night. What better way to remind his fans to vote than by putting him in the bottom two?? "Look, people, you need to vote because Ruben is in DANGER!!"
And conversly, keeping Josh out of the bottom two makes people think he's safe(r), so maybe less people will vote for him next week.
It all comes down to the producers wanting people to vote (er, for Ruben, of course!), so they can say they had a record number of votes and viewers.
Conspiracies abound!!

Well, I guess I can understand all that, but for the producers to pick a favorite and manipulate the votes is wrong. I don't care who "they" think should win. Clay is an entertainer, I get so caught up in his energy, he is the most genuine as far as his expressions. Even Simon said it, that he is the most grown up about getting constructive critisism and actually trying to fix what is wrong with his stage presence, which isn't much. Ruben is boring to watch, yeah he has a good voice, but Kimberly's voice beats his every time. She has a powerful Aretha Franklin voice, I would love the hear her sing a duet with Clay. If it were about the 2 very best singers it would be Clay and Kimberly.;)

I love Clay and it's true he's improved with each criticism from the judges.

To be fair to Ruben, he hasn't RECEIVED any criticism from the judges, so how would he know what he should fix?? :confused:

I almost fell off my seat last night! I will definately be getting through that phone line next week to vote for Ruben. I knew that Trenyce would be going soon and that she would never make it to the top two but I for one will miss her. Personally I would pick her over Kim L. any day!

Aside from the voting announcements, last night's show was really great, imo. I loved the 60's medley and when all of the contestants came together to sing the single. I also really liked Justin's song :D . I just hope that Ruben and Clay are safe next week so I don't have to get so mad at the end of the show ;) !

I agree with what 100%Disney said "Clay is an entertainer" and "Ruben is boring to watch."

If I'm not mistaken, Neil Sedaka summed it up very well about Ruben when he said, "It was a very good radio performance." A person needs stage presence to be an AI. JMHO.

Originally posted by 100%Disney
Well, I guess I can understand all that, but for the producers to pick a favorite and manipulate the votes is wrong. I don't care who "they" think should win.

Well, to be fair, the producers are the ones who have to market the winner, and they may have decided Ruben is the most marketable. I don't think it's fair, especially since I'm madly, madly, MADLY in love with Clay, but I think it's happening anyway.
I think they've been manipulating us all along -- ever notice on group sings, Carmen would get a solo, or the camera would focus solely on Ruben and never on Trenyce, etc, etc. When they replay the judge's comments, they've played the one bad comment about Clay against scores of praise for Ruben. If that's not manipulation, I don't know what is!

Of course, as far as conspiracy theories go, I think Simon was TOLD to pick Carmen as his wild card. There was no other young, wholesome, pretty girl on the show. (Kim C was pretty, but not young and wholesome!) Remember the entire time during the wild card show he was griping about the producers and how he hated them? I think Carmen's the reason why.... So I think I think too much about this stuff....

Re the medley at the start of the show. I loved it except for the fact that Josh can't sing. It's amazing how subjective opinions are because I didn't think he did well - he just didn't flub up. I thought everyone else was great. I loved it when Trenyce and Kimberley were singing together - I thought they had an interesting sound. I also noticed the low note lick that Ruben did - I didn't know he had that wide of a range.

I also don't feel that I know Josh at all. I think people just feel like they "know" the ones they relate to the most.

I loved it when the old people came back. I hope Vanessa and Charles come back too!

...c'mon! American Idol!!!!??? He is so dorky!!! He doesn't have the "package". And what's the deal with his hair? God,its awful!!!

airhead

I think maybe it's time for the American public to send a message that it isn't a manufactured "package" we want - it's someone who can actually SING. Oooh...imagine that - a singer who can actually sing. :rolleyes:

I'm happy with 3 out of the 4 remaining idol contestants.

And I'm partial to dorky. :p

I loved seeing and hearing JUSTIN GUARINI...I also recall him being in the bottom 2 a few times last season. I think SIMON was smart not to give anymore comment on the picks,afterall whoever wins this thing , he's the one to promote the cd.....I do believe there is a conspiracy, they want ruben to win, but in my opinion...I'd be more likely to buy CLAYS cd rather than RUBENS.

Originally posted by airhead
...c'mon! American Idol!!!!??? He is so dorky!!! He doesn't have the "package". And what's the deal with his hair? God,its awful!!!

Elton John is (flamboyantly) dorky, to me. I still think he's one of the greatest superstars ever. I'd personally rather have someone who looks dorky but can SING vs. someone who's very pretty but can't sing (ie, Britney).

Personally, of those left, none of them have the total package! Josh can't sing, Clay is dorky, Ruben, well, I think his style and stage presence leave a lot to be desired, and Kim L has had quite a few hits and misses with her style. (Girl, lay off the tight pants, please!)

looks like the Clay and Ruben camps will be buring the phones next week

Well, if they need the "whole package" including great looks then none of them are going to win. I do think that Clay has come a long way on his looks, he knew what he had to do and he did it. And there are alot of beautiful girls in that audience every week holding signs that read "KISS ME CLAY", he must have some sex appeal. Ruben doesn't have the whole pakage, his looks leave alot to be desired. The looks thing doesn't matter to me, Clay and Ruben sing great but Clay is a showman, Ruben isn't.;)

Last night was a shocker :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!! We were floored that Ruben was in the bottom 2 and Josh wasn't. My only thought was maybe a majority of the Carmen fans decided to vote for Josh. :confused:

Originally posted by ShuisFan584
The only problem now is that Ruben fans are going to be voting like crazy, and he might end up getting more votes then Clay!

I think you may be right. I think that because of last nigh'ts show, Ruben is probably now the favorite. No fan of Ruben will ever go a night without voting now, and he is already a clear fan favorite. Also, a lot of people I know who supported Trenyce have siad that after Trenyce, Ruben is their favorite. He is really set up now if you ask me.

Clay's looks remind me a little of Elvis Costello - that same sort of quirky yet sort of cute look.

I have no issues with the way he looks, actually, and think he would make a fine pop star. I do think he needs to stand perfectly still on stage, he is not the type meant to dance. Which is fine by me, he doesn't have to dance, all he has to do is open up that mouth and sing, he has an amazing voice.

Also, if he does decide to go the Broadway route like everyone is telling him, I think he would make an awesome Peter Pan! :)

I think Ruben has great stage presence, he is very suave. He doesn't have to be "good looking" in the classical sense to be good looking, if you know what I mean.

I'm still torn between who I like better, Clay or Ruben. They both are so wonderful, its hard to choose one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter