American Idol - Spoiler - Are People Stupid????

Peter Pan!!!! Or,any braodway show. The kid can sing. But American Idol, no way!!

I'm just kidding! But I'm sure if I was holding something when they announced Ruben's name, I would have dropped it. Just like my jaw did.

I have a question........ Does anyone else think that Clay looks like Drop Dead Fred? It was a movie character. Anyways, I like Clay I just think he resembles Drop Dead Fred. HeeeHeee!:D

I hope Ruben doesn't get voted off, because then I really will have to stop watching.

Many people are torn between Clay and Ruben. Since Ruben will be getting a lot of votes I hope a lot of "torn" fans will vote for Clay.

I'm a Clay fan!!!

I think that after doing so badly Josh will step up and finally pick a good song for him to sing. Hes not a bad singer like many people believe. He just picks the most god awful songs for his style. With the right song Josh can be really good. Hopefully he picks a good song and is able to step it up to prove his worth.

As much as I like Ruben, I LOVE Clay, so it looks like I'll be voting for him even more then I already do!! Speed dial is a great thing, lol!:D

I think that after doing so badly Josh will step up and finally pick a good song for him to sing. Hes not a bad singer like many people believe.

I don't think ANY of these kids are bad singers, not those in the final 12, anyway. They wouldn't have made it as far as they did if they were bad singers.

I just don't think Josh can compare with the other three left.

Just remember the title of the show "AMERICAN IDOL" It IS about the whole "package".

I do remember a show early last year where Simon made a comment to one of the contestants about her weight and that she would never be an "AI" because of it. Here it is, a year later and now we have a MAN who is a bit on the heavy side.

I also think that looking at the demographics of the show, Josh is going to have more "appeal". Face it, he is good looking, is a Marine in service to his country, is married and has a lot of country fans out there who will vote for him. His package right now fits the "american idol" package.

Ruben doesn't appeal to me because he has NO style.

Clay does have a nice voice, again, doesn't have a style to call his own.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that JOSH will win.

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVS 2002

I think Ruben has a ton of style. A whole lot more than Josh, who to me has no style (and he could use a thighmaster as well, I might add!) Josh is very stiff - and I don't think he is all that good looking either.

Let the flames begin! :p

Well... i know u will be mad about this (lol) but i wanted ruben to go (though i was AMAZED that he actually almost did!!!0 because if he leaves, then Clay has a MUCH GREATER chance of winning... I guess i'm gonna have to break down and start voting. Is it free?

Can an old fart chime in?

Don't know what the demographics of the audience are, but would tend to think it's skewing rather young. There are, however, a number of us who are of "a certain age" who love the show. I was a junkie for last season's show.

The title of the show is "American Idol." That being said, a lot of the new music is thump, thump, thump, misogynistic, screaming, yelling, unintelligible blather. That's what people appear to be buying (or downloading off the internet.) What I hope the producers are looking for is a voice that will last. A person with a style that will last.

Clay's looks generate lots of comment. He's no pretty boy, but he can sing circles around Justin with his mouth taped shut. Tuesday night, I noticed what I thought were lots of freckles. It struck that he had been reminding me of someone for quite a while. It was one of my favorite characters of all time.... Howdy Doody. I loved Howdy Doody. I love a Howdy Doody who can sing even more. He's got a clean cut image. He's the boy next door. The young man no parent would object to dating their daughter. He doesn't go in for the histrionics. The boy has a voice. He has a voice with staying power. Think Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett. Not gorgeous men, but men who can sing and who have lasted (even after he died in Sinatra's case.}

For those who are commenting on Ruben's weight, according to recent statistics, he IS the American Idol. America is running WWWAAAYYY overweight. That aside, he, too, has a voice that will last. Think LUtha. (That's Luther Van Dross [sp.]) He also has had a weight problem over the years, the least of his problems lately. Think Barry White. Ruben has a voice. He's heavy, he doesn't (can't) run all over the stage, but can sing. As Gladys said, he's a big teddy bear. He just exudes sweetness and kindness. One night 20 years from now, the little teeny boppers will be kicking back at home on a cold night cuddled up to a RUBEN song of romance.

I'm torn. This week I voted for both Clay and Ruben. Either one, I think would make American proud. They both, in their own way, embody America.

Sorry about the length, but you know how we of advanced age can go on, and on, and on, and on........

Popsicle, that was a very great rant for an oldtimer, if I do say so myself. :p This oldtimer agrees, 100%. :p

I am glad that Josh has represented our military so finely with his talent, but as Simon said last night "This is a talent contest." I think many people are confusing it with a popularity contest this time, and with all of the patriotic feelings at an alltime high in this country, is it no wonder that he is still there?! Josh can sing country well, but really has no stage presence, and doesn't compare with the remaining 3. Josh will be great in Nashville, but doesn't have what it takes to be "the" American Idol for which this show is looking. I think he was utterly amazed that he wasn't in the bottom 2... I KNOW I was... and a bit upset, as well!

Ruben is great! What a teddy bear, and his voice is SO smooth. I wasn't particularly fond of his 1st choice of songs this week, but he definitely redeemed himself with "Breaking Up is Hard to Do". There is NO reason he should have ever been in the bottom 2 last night, but then I didn't think that Trenyce deserved it either... she gave probably her best performance to date and then got booted out!

Kimberly Locke has really pulled herself up by her bootstraps and has a great stage presence, and can sing a variety of different styles. I am definitely impressed! She could be the dark horse in this competition.

As for Clay. Everytime that man opens his mouth, I get chills up and down my spine. He could sing to me any time of the day or night, and I know that I will be lined up for his 1st CD. I would lay money on the fact that Neil Sedaka will keep his word and write and produce Clay's 1st CD. I can't wait!!!!! He is THE American Idol and a great message to all of America... looks aren't everything... in fact, I think you can say that about Clay, Kimberly and Ruben. They are all a breath of fresh air in an otherwise "cookie cutter" looking recording industry. May they all go on and have long and successful recording careers!

As usual. America votes with their hearts. I'm not
a bit suprised that Josh hasn't been voted out. It's
clear he is the contestant with the least talent now.
I like country and he's not that great at it either. He's
out of his league, clearly, and America still votes for him.
Heck, I don't even think he's cute and my DS thinks he
looks like he's trying to "go" when he sings-lol, this from
a 7yo.
Ruben has won. He'll have the contracts and so will
Clay. I'm hot and cold on Kimberly-she's still got that "pitchy"
problem at times. No room for bad pitch in an "idol".
Unless you're Frank Sinatra! lol
Doesn't matter anymore who wins. seems like we already
know who the "winners" are. For the record-I'll be voting
for the first time next week because it's clear the voting
block needs new blood.

You know, I've noticed a lot of people, even on the show have comments on the contestants weights...The red head who was first to go, Simon commented, and recently he even did for Ruben. Why has no one said said anything to Kimberly?? Or did I miss the comment? You can't help notice her with her ultra super tight clothing she's been wearing lately. She's just not a good singer.

As for Josh.....I would not buy any song or album recorded by him. I don't think he's all that 'good looking' all American type person that would sell for that reason either. He's just not good.

As for Ruben and Clay....I've gone back and forth. They both deserve to be the top 2...and as others have said....I'm still not decided on who should win.....actually leaning towards Clay now....and this is a Singing competition, not a beauty pageant. Maybe for AI3 they should make them all stand behind a screen so noone sees them, and people could actually vote on the voice for a change.

Sorry airhead, I'm another one that really think Clay does have the whole package. American also thought Sinatra was a skinny little thing, not attractive in the beginning. Elton John, Barry Manilow, Phil Collins, Smoky Robinson, Lionel Ritchie...the list goes on for guys some might consider "dorky" who became Idols. Clay lights up the stage with his voice and his presence in a way the others don't to me. My DH and I keep saying he'll be like a female Celine Dion with that tremendous voice.

minnie -- Kim L's weight was commented on during the first episodes. That was when she told Simon that he sucked.

My DH and I keep saying he'll be like a female Celine Dion with that tremendous voice.

Hee! Really? ;) (Actually, with her new haircut, Clay is looking more feminine than she is....)

Originally posted by Minnie824
Maybe for AI3 they should make them all stand behind a screen so noone sees them, and people could actually vote on the voice for a change.

Or they can make them wear freaky looking masks, and it can be American Personality Idol. :p ;)

I'm flip-flopping over the person I want to see win this. On the one hand, I think Ruben or Clay have wonderful voices, and I give the edge to Clay, because I think he "connects" more with the audience while he's singing, and communicates more AFTER he's done singing. I love Ruben's voice, but when he's done singing, it's as if a mask comes down over him, and he answers in one or two word sentences.

On the other hand, I don't want to see either of them "ruined" by the attempt to turn them into an idol. I liked Kelly while she was a contestant last season - I wasn't crazy about either of her live performances on this season's show, and I blame that on the hair extensions, makeup artist, and her clothing stylist. The first time she performed, Kelly wasn't Kelly anymore. I didn't see her looking like the Kelly I remembered until they showed a shot of her sitting in the audience the other night. I hope they don't ruin either of my favorites in the same way - Clay'd look awfully funny with hair extensions! ;)

Ok here's a thought on why Josh is getting the votes, Could it be the Military and other Americans (who supported the war) are voting for Josh not for Josh but against Hollywood because of the vocal Hollywood anti-war movement?

Clay all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so excited when Ruben got knocked down a peg....He even seemed shocked...I think it's quite obvious he's the favorite among the audience and the judges but he does nothing for me.

I agree with a previous poster who said "once Ruben stops singing and has to talk it's like pulling teeth".

I'm expecting Ruben to win but I'm hoping (and voting) for Clay to win. I think he has sung absolutely perfectly every time no matter what song it is. Ruben, on the other hand, has occasionally just been alright and pitchy....this is MY OPINION and mine only.

Go Clay!!! Go Clay!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter