August 2011

Jackie, my DD is 20 now and she has had epilepsy since she was 8, I don't think you ever get used to seizures, you just get used to what to do after. It stinks! If you have any questions or just need to talk, I'll be glad to help!

On the bright side, this test has proven to be helpful so far. We have learned that she has many seizures in her sleep but has now gone 3 full days seizure free! Our Dr. has taken her completely off one of her meds during the day (which was making her feel sick) and has increased the level of the meds she takes at bed time. As long as she doesn't feel sick from the high levels of medication at bedtime this should work to keep her seizure free!:thumbsup2
One more day of video eeg and then she can come home!:yay:

One week from today we will be pulling into the Boardwalk!!:cool1:
I did on-line check-in last night, I couldn't add any special requests though, oh well, when I called MS last week they told me we had a garden/pool view villa. I'll take it!!!:woohoo:
Great news!
Hey lizzyb

I knew you would not be far behind:laughing:

I worked late last night (got off at 1:30am). I was tempted to pull out my iPod and post my single digit dance right at midnight. But, I was on a roll and didn't want to stop then my back went out at the end of my shift. Now I'm siting here with an ice pack on my back. Hope it heals within the week.
Oh no! Hope you feel better soon. My DH hurt his back weeks ago seems to be doing better but still has a bit or soreness.
lizzyb, congrats on the single digit dance!!!

Oh no! I hope it heals super quickly!!

Thank ya!

I doesn't matter if I heal or not I'm going regardless with enough pain killers I'll be just fine. It's been hurting for about a month now and my doctor keep telling me I had to take it easy or it would just get worse. Last night it got worse. I'm off now until we go so I guess now I'll listen to him and take it easy for the next nine days.

Yes, you need to take it easy! Need to be able to ride Star Tours ;) Here's hoping for pain free days!

Today is the day! Our ride comes at 8:00 to take us to the airport. By 3:00 today we should be in "The World". My daughter knows that we are going and she is excited. I have to go wake her up in about half an hour. What she doesn't know is that yesterday I was able to upgrade our seats on the plane to business class. I had enough airline points to do that. The last trip that we went on she made a comment on how lucky those people were to board first, big seats, etc... She said that some day she wanted to fly there just once. Well some day will be the start of our trip to WDW today!

We are on our way!!!!
Have fun!
We are on our way, also. Have a great week. Thanks to everyone on this board.
Enjoy your vacation!
Today is the day! Our ride comes at 8:00 to take us to the airport. By 3:00 today we should be in "The World". My daughter knows that we are going and she is excited. I have to go wake her up in about half an hour. What she doesn't know is that yesterday I was able to upgrade our seats on the plane to business class. I had enough airline points to do that. The last trip that we went on she made a comment on how lucky those people were to board first, big seats, etc... She said that some day she wanted to fly there just once. Well some day will be the start of our trip to WDW today!

Car's almost there! Have a great vacation! Im sure your daughter will be thrilled about business class.

August 20-31st- pigby OKW
August 20-25th-Dizziedupbaby0127 POP
August 20-31st-KarBear AKL
August 20- Sept.3rd- jbmom-CBR
August 20-26th- heathsf- POP
August 20-27th- millerpjm- CSR
August 20-26th- ProudMommyof2-Poly/YC
August 20-27th- jen42002- POR
August 20-26th- cormmac3- POP
August 20-29th- michellelovesthemous- POP
August 20-27th- EeeyorFan19- CBR
August 20-27th- walters396- CSR
August 20-28th- Kitikat- POR
August 20-27th- bell.of.the.ball- WL
August 20-27th- RedOne3781- CSR
August 20-27th- syp4dis- YC
August 20-27th- tariqsmom- SOG
August 20-27th- DisneyWagz- POP
August 20-27th- scottyg1965- POR
August 20-27th- Cupmom- W

Safe travels to you all!

8 more days for us!

Just got back from WDW. Had a great time, but it was unbearably hot and humid most of the week. Drink plenty of water and make sure that you hit some of the air conditioned rides/stores throughout the day as heat exhaustion can come pretty quick or build up over a period of days.

Have a great trip everyone.

Just got back from WDW. Had a great time, but it was unbearably hot and humid most of the week. Drink plenty of water and make sure that you hit some of the air conditioned rides/stores throughout the day as heat exhaustion can come pretty quick or build up over a period of days.

Have a great trip everyone.
Thanks for reporting back and glad you had a great time. I am fearing the heat but plan to keep out of the sun for the hottest pats of the day.

2 more days!!!!!!! I am already having trouble falling asleep at night.

Soo close! I don't blame you for having trouble falling asleep. I am the same way!

1 week from now we will be making our decent into Orlando!

August 21-Sept. 2nd- Paradise 18 POFQ
August 21-Sept. 2nd-Debf CSR
August 21-28th- soontobewed07-
August 21-30th- chellewashere- Pop
August 21-28th- MartinaC- Yacht/GF
August 21-27th- kbseymore99- POP
August 21-26th- jakeybake- BC
August 21-28th- 2Pirates2Princesses- ASMu
August 21-27th- Reddy- ASMo
August 21-27th- Disney Commando- ASmo
August 21-28th- NickNElliesMom- ASMo
August 21-30th- dollynmomo- POP/AKL
August 21-27th- mommy2paris- POP
August 21-25th- BabyRN- YC
August 21-29th- Isk8- CSR
August 21-28th- momofgilliam- CBR
August 21-27th- fowler619- GF
August 21-27th- Shannan79- OKW
August 21-27th- Tony NY- GF
August 21-27th- Aldergray- GF
August 21-25th- pradance- offsite
August 21-29th- PrincessMom4- AKL
August 21-28th- ddluvsdisney-Poly

Hope you all have a wonderful vacation!

The timing and track of Irene does not look good for those of us flying in on Friday. I'm looking into trying to find a way to maybe fly down Thursday. But we have to wait until at least tomorrow to do anything, first DW and I need to make sure we can get off work.

The timing and track of Irene does not look good for those of us flying in on Friday. I'm looking into trying to find a way to maybe fly down Thursday. But we have to wait until at least tomorrow to do anything, first DW and I need to make sure we can get off work.

I'm getting nervous too. :scared:

I'm getting nervous too. :scared:

The track keeps changing a little with each update. Just from 6am to noon, I've seen changed in the track. I am now following spaghettimodels.com During all the hurricanes of 2004, the GFDL model was the most accurate.

I need to stock up on batteries and water just in case.

My husband says we aren't cancelling and I was thinking too about seeing about checking in Thursday night. (But then we'd be leaving our house unattended during the storm. Though I feel safer with Disney's construction than our house's construction.) Or I wonder if they hold your reservation if you can't check in on the day of check in, but can check in the next day? I don't mind losing payment for a night for safety's sake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter