August 2011

Tomorrow is my last day of work until Sept. 6.. Woo Hoo. 48 hours from now we will have had dinner at the Maya Grill and be spending the evening at Magic Kingdom even if there is rain. The park is open until 1:00 :worship::worship::worship:

Latest run of the GFS forecast model has Irene even further off the coast, so "the trend is our friend" right now. Hopefully, this trend doesn't reverse itself at some point.

Unfortunately, the trend is reversing. Florida will still be spared, but it doesn't look like it will be going out to sea. Instead, it has NYC dead in her sights.

Unfortunately, the trend is reversing. Florida will still be spared, but it doesn't look like it will be going out to sea. Instead, it has NYC dead in her sights.

Even happier I changed my flight now!

Tomorrow tomorrow I love ya tomorrow, you're only a day away

2 more days and we will be on our way!

I switched our flights from Sunday at 6:20PM to Saturday at 8:30am to avoid the possibility that we would be grounded by Irene. All I kept thinking was Laguardia airport with heavy rain and 85 mph winds=we aren't going anywhere lol. I was able to book one night at CBR before our 7 night ressie begins so we are all set. Hopefully the storm will go out to sea and not cause a major issue for the area. We are leaving from JFK now and it appears the storm will be well to the south when we do. Now we have an extra day and a half to spend on vacation! :banana::banana:

Looks like you made a good choice. And hurray for the extra day and a half!

I know, makes my stomach just as sick as if it were heading here. Things can still change, hoping and praying it takes the course where it heads more out to sea and spares all of the US!!

I'll be worried all weekend as my niece and her family drive to and from VA to PA this weekend.

We leave in exactly 9 hours!!:goodvibes

We spent the day yesterday getting our home and yard hurricane ready! We don't have to worry about storm surge (we are far enough inland) but we are slightly worried about some flooding! Our oldest DD lives in a very flood prone area and we have already told her to come here during the storm. Our middle DD is an EMT and will be on-call, not sure if she will stay at the squad house or not, depends on how many people are on-call with her (Sunday is her usual duty crew night!). We cut down any branches that were close to the house or powerlines and brought in all the patio furniture! Hopefully, IRENE will just blow by quickly:confused3.

I have work untill 2:00 today,then pick up the rental car. This will be the SLOWEST DAY EVER!!:eek:

I finished all the packing, except for the last minute stuff (make-up, toothbrushes etc.). I did all of DH's laundry yesterday but he refused to pack untill today! MEN!!!!:confused:

Not sure if I will have time to post again befor we leave, so to everyone here, Thanks for all your LOVE, support and advise! Safe travels to all.

Have a magical day!
See ya real soon!

Patty:cloud9:

We leave in exactly 9 hours!!:goodvibes

We spent the day yesterday getting our home and yard hurricane ready! We don't have to worry about storm surge (we are far enough inland) but we are slightly worried about some flooding! Our oldest DD lives in a very flood prone area and we have already told her to come here during the storm. Our middle DD is an EMT and will be on-call, not sure if she will stay at the squad house or not, depends on how many people are on-call with her (Sunday is her usual duty crew night!). We cut down any branches that were close to the house or powerlines and brought in all the patio furniture! Hopefully, IRENE will just blow by quickly:confused3.

I have work untill 2:00 today,then pick up the rental car. This will be the SLOWEST DAY EVER!!:eek:

I finished all the packing, except for the last minute stuff (make-up, toothbrushes etc.). I did all of DH's laundry yesterday but he refused to pack untill today! MEN!!!!:confused:

Not sure if I will have time to post again befor we leave, so to everyone here, Thanks for all your LOVE, support and advise! Safe travels to all.

Have a magical day!
See ya real soon!

Patty:cloud9:

Hope your homes don't get much damage. My DH is the same way... I am doing laundry today so he can start packing:confused3

Have a wonderful vacation!

3 more days for us!

August 25-Sept.3rd- Kimgof- Poly
August 25-21st- Daraddg- CSR
August 25- Sept.4th- sweetdana- POP/BLT/BC
August 25-31st- sunshineNJ- BC
August 25-29th- everthingALICE-
August 25- Sept.2nd- Kerokero- Pop

Safe travels to you all!

Our thread is soo quite... everyone must have gone, be there or too busy packing ;)

2 more days! We actually leave to fly out of Buffalo tomorrow and plan on doing some back to school shopping. We fly out bright and early Sunday.:)

August 26- Sept. 2nd- VeganRazzleDazzle- AKL
August 26-Sept. 2- ThreeKMOM- BV
August 26-Sept. 3rd- mcd27450- BC
August 26-Sept.5th-jensgoofys
August 26-30th- meloneyb21- AKL
August 26- Sept.1st- beebeeryan- CR
August 26-31st- valeriemouse- WL
August 26-31st- Kricketnp- WL
August 26- Sept 4th- Momof2Disneyboys- CBR/Poly
August 26-28th- Disnetnutbsv- ASMo
August 26-29th- lovethattink-CSR
August 26-Sept. 2nd- LeeLees mom -POP/CBR

Hope you all have a wonderful vacation!

We'll be at CSR from Aug. 28 to Sept 5th as well. We'll be taking midday breaks at the main pool every day. We'll listen for the "eh" references at the pool bar to identify our fellow Canadians!

Thanks! We're on Magical Express right now. Got out of NY safely. Hopefully the house doesn't sustain damage.

We'll be at CSR from Aug. 28 to Sept 5th as well. We'll be taking midday breaks at the main pool every day. We'll listen for the "eh" references at the pool bar to identify our fellow Canadians!
Are you flying from Buffalo or Toronto?
Thanks! We're on Magical Express right now. Got out of NY safely. Hopefully the house doesn't sustain damage.

Yay! Enjoy your vacationa and hopefully no major damage to your home.

Our thread is soo quite... everyone must have gone, be there or too busy packing ;)

2 more days! We actually leave to fly out of Buffalo tomorrow and plan on doing some back to school shopping. We fly out bright and early Sunday.:)

Your right this has become a quite thread. We also fly out early Sunday 2:00am wake up call:scared1:. Plane leaves 5:50 am with a three hour layover in Chicago. We should land in Orlando by 3:00 pm if we don't get delayed anywhere.

Currently doing my last load of laundry to throw in the suitcase. I'm hoping to only have to check one bag (Delta charges $25 for the first bag and $35 for the second!) It's amazing how much a woman and a teenage girl can find to bring on vacation! :rolleyes1

We leave for JFK at 5:30am tomorrow. I'm so thankful that we were able to get an early flight tomorrow instead of a late flight Sunday. I'm just worried about leaving my 23 yr old son and my dog at home now. Hopefully it won't be too bad here. We live in northern Westchester County so we are well inland.

Hoping for the best..............

We always fly out of Buffalo. It's the only way we could afford the 20 trips in the past 6.5 years...lol. We're flying out on Saturday and staying at the BC to enjoy Stormalong Bay for the day on Sunday before switching over to CSR with free dining.

Your right this has become a quite thread. We also fly out early Sunday 2:00am wake up call:scared1:. Plane leaves 5:50 am with a three hour layover in Chicago. We should land in Orlando by 3:00 pm if we don't get delayed anywhere.
Eek! Thats on scary wake up time. Hope you dont get delayed.
Currently doing my last load of laundry to throw in the suitcase. I'm hoping to only have to check one bag (Delta charges $25 for the first bag and $35 for the second!) It's amazing how much a woman and a teenage girl can find to bring on vacation! :rolleyes1

We leave for JFK at 5:30am tomorrow. I'm so thankful that we were able to get an early flight tomorrow instead of a late flight Sunday. I'm just worried about leaving my 23 yr old son and my dog at home now. Hopefully it won't be too bad here. We live in northern Westchester County so we are well inland.

Hoping for the best..............
Hope the storm is nowhere as bad as they are making it seem and your DS will be fine. Have a safe trip.

We always fly out of Buffalo. It's the only way we could afford the 20 trips in the past 6.5 years...lol. We're flying out on Saturday and staying at the BC to enjoy Stormalong Bay for the day on Sunday before switching over to CSR with free dining.

If you are flying with JetBlue you will be with flying with my sister. Safe travels!

All flights out of NY past 1pm have been canceled. Our original flight tomorrow is already canceled. This is going to be a mess! I'm praying that our 8:30am flight today remains ontime. Seems to be ok on Delta.com as of now but it's still only 3:15 am. 5 more hours and we will be airborne (hopefully) :banana:

All flights out of NY past 1pm have been canceled. Our original flight tomorrow is already canceled. This is going to be a mess! I'm praying that our 8:30am flight today remains ontime. Seems to be ok on Delta.com as of now but it's still only 3:15 am. 5 more hours and we will be airborne (hopefully) :banana:

Hope your flight is still ok.

One more day for us...:cool1:. Heading to Buffalo soon.

Safe travels to you all.

August 27-Sept.6th- donnaf516- CBR
August 27-Sept 3rd- CamrynsDisneymom AKL
August 27-Sept 5th Got Muchness
August 27-Sept.ReneeDisney- Boardwalk
August 27- Sept.8th- ChocolateTrish- CSR
August 27- Sept 2nd- heatherandnick- ASSp
August 27-Sept.6th- candielips- POP
August 27- Sept. 2nd- poohangel
August 27- Sept.4rd- ice_cube- BCV
August 27- Sept 3rd- SpoonfulsofSugar- CSR
August 27- Sept.4th- MErnst- AKL
August 27- Sept.7th- crest396e

And since I wont likely log in after this...
August 28- Sept. 4th-mbforbes-SSR
August 28- Sept. 4th-Peapicker- CSR
August 28- Sept. 3rd- goofytiggerfan-POFQ
August 28- Sept 1st- pas130- GF
August 28- Sept. 3rd- Goofy Girl- CSR
August 28- Sept 4th- LizzyB CSR
August 28- Sept.4th- monkey30-ASMo
August 28- Sept.4th- Stan_Solo- POR
August 28- Sept.8th- Disney Brat- ASMo
August 28- Sept.3rd- MandM-Mom- POR
August 28- Sept.4th- NanaDarling- WL
August 28- Sept.3rd- staceylynnga- CSR
August 28- Sept. 3rd- netnurse31-
August 28- Sept. 2nd- FanniesDisney- Poly
August 28- Sept.2nd- arielfan-
August 28-30th- pboudens-
August 28- Sept.3rd- Pills- CSR
August 29-Sept. 4th-youngb- CSR
August 30-Sept. 7th- manooly- CSR
August 31- Sept.? DevonsDisneymom- offsite

Safe travels to the rest of this August group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter