Bedroom TV?

I wish I could but DH would revolt. He likes to watch to fall asleep. I hate it because of his choice of content - mostly action movies or police dramas, so lots of quiet intense talking where he turns up the volume to hear clearly, followed by really loud explosions, crashes and shootouts. But I go to bed so much later than him most nights that I just turn it off when I go up and we both get what we want.

I've never had a tv in my life bedroom or otherwise. I grew up in a very unusual house once I was adopted.
Not so unusual to not have a tv in your room but not ever having had a tv at all is. Nobody I knew had one in their room growing up. I’ve never had one myself, never had more than one tv in our home at any time. It wasn’t even a consideration to give DS one when he was a kid.

Was rarely used and when the kids got old enough (pre LCD) we put it in one of their rooms and never had one in the bedroom again.

By myself, I only have a TV in the living room.

Have never had one in my adult life. DH and I prefer it that way. We have one in the living room and one in our finished basement, mostly used by DS while he was growing up.

As a teen, I had one in my bedroom for a few years. It was an old 19” black and white set and I mostly watched night baseball games and Johnny Carson. Back then (pre-cable), tv stations used to sign off for the night, and I’d sometimes fall asleep and wake up to hear the national anthem, followed by a high pitched test tone, then static, and have to get up to shut it off (no remote). LOL, those were the days. :rolleyes:

We used to for years but I was the only one who watched it. When we last moved, it was on my list of things to setup but then I never did. My iPad charges on my nightstand so if I ever want to watch something I just use that now. It is extremely unlikely we’ll ever go back.

We have a TV in the bedroom but it’s rarely used at night. I like to watch in the morning while getting ready for the day or when I’m doing laundry. Laundry room is upstairs on bedroom level.

I had a small B&W TV in my room since about age 7. Complete with rabbit ear antenna. UHF antenna was a hoop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter