Can you tell I'm excited?!?!?!?! Pre-TR (October 1-15th 2009) The trip has begun!!!

I got them in superdrug, their travel accessories are 3 for the price of 2, so I got 2 mister fans and then got an inflatable neck pillow for free! :teeth:

They are these ones:

aquafan.gif

Can you cough into a bag and send it down for me?

Thank you! I am going to send Henry to Superdrug to stock up on fans etc whilst he is buying me painkillers and lucozade :lmao:

I should start charging my swiney coughs! Wonder if you can sell it on ebay....?

(unless of course you get reported for wandering around the plane squirting a strange smelling spray in every direction)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Plus you still have to fill in the green visa waiver form on the plane. And just like every year I managed to put my date of birth in the wrong place again. :sad2:

Glad I'm not the only one who does that! :headache:

It's all coming together nicely Torsie. I spent hours sorting out all my toiletries last week....I have got 3 lots! One lot of disposables for our night at the hotel before as we will check our cases in using Twilight. Then the main bulk for our OKW & Poly stay & a seperate set to go in the cruise suitcase. :laughing:

Oooh, thnks Michelle. I actually have dettol wipes, liquid (that i've decanted into a small spray) and hand stuff to add!! (Dettol as it kills viruses! And I have th orange and lavender liquid that smells SO lush. Think I might pee off my fellow plane passengers as I disnefect the plane when we board, but it'll only take a minute or two and I'm not taking any chances!

They will go into the case ASAP!

:rotfl:,even before the swine flu-i would get strange looks for wiping+spraying everything-anywhere :rotfl2:.Please tell me i am not the only one who gets to there hotel+only unpacks the cleaning stuf,and cleans ALL surfaces,toilet,bath,units+pops the remote control into a zip lock bag before it is used :confused3 :lmao:.x.

They are these ones:

aquafan.gif

Oh they look good,will be popping to Superdrug in the morning :thumbsup2.Must be easier than carrying around the WDW mister fan we have.x.

(unless of course you get reported for wandering around the plane squirting a strange smelling spray in every direction)

:lmao: :rotfl2: .x.

Sounds like you are well on top of things. My mum already has her case packed and we dont go until mid-Ocotber :thumbsup2

Sounds like my kind of traveller!! Give her a :thumbsup2 from me!

One little thing I would point out is that the ESTA is only an authority to travel and doesnt legally grant you access into the US. That is still down to the discretion of the immigration officials at the airport - same as the green waiver form. Not that I expect that you will have any trouble (unless of course you get reported for wandering around the plane squirting a strange smelling spray in every direction)

I hope we do get in, :), I've not had trouble in the past, so fingers crossed I'll be ok ;) I was actually a little worried about the spray on the plane, but I think i'll spray it onto a tissue first discreetly and then by the time the smell travels everything will be wiped and I'll be living a clean flight kinda life!

Plus you still have to fill in the green visa waiver form on the plane. And just like every year I managed to put my date of birth in the wrong place again. :sad2:

Haha, yeah every year I have to get a second form as I write above the lines instead of below or vice versa! I'm going to try adn read it properly first this tim!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Glad I'm not the only one who does that! :headache:

It's all coming together nicely Torsie. I spent hours sorting out all my toiletries last week....I have got 3 lots! One lot of disposables for our night at the hotel before as we will check our cases in using Twilight. Then the main bulk for our OKW & Poly stay & a seperate set to go in the cruise suitcase. :laughing:

Awesome!! That is some great planning!!!!!! I will be doing the same if we have a hotel beforehand, although i take toothpaste/toothbursh for the plane and face wipes etc anyway, so I do still have to sort my in flight toiletries.

:rotfl:,even before the swine flu-i would get strange looks for wiping+spraying everything-anywhere :rotfl2:.Please tell me i am not the only one who gets to there hotel+only unpacks the cleaning stuf,and cleans ALL surfaces,toilet,bath,units+pops the remote control into a zip lock bag before it is used :confused3 :lmao:.x.

You aren't the only one at all! Cleaning the room is what my dettol wipes are for! (They'll be in the fornt section of my bag. I was jsut going to wipe the remote with one too...but i do like your ziplock bag idea!!!!!!!

Ooooh and I need to do my mousekepping envelopes! Might do them this afternoon on the work printer! :thumbsup2

Sorry that this thread has been totally abandoned for a while! With the start of the football season we have been busy crazy at work.

At any rate, once you see this thread you'll have wished it wasn't updated, as I can freely admit I may have gone a bit over board with the pre-trip planning!!!

I started my proper packing today!! And thought I would photo document it, as I've seen other PTRs done this way in the past and enjoyed them. So anyone who isn't completely insane like me - look away now! (If you'd told me a year ago I'd be packing 2 weeks before departure AND taking photos of it, I'd have probably smacked you in the face, but then I also wouldn't have believed you I'd be packing for a wedding planning trip to WDW, so I think my "dreams are coming true" type excitement has a lot to do with it!)

Enough for the rambling - her goes with the packing!

First I tackled the most important part of packing to me! The toiletries! Now I left out the copius amounts of medicines and female prodcuts from the photo, as they don't need to be documented!

Toiletries.jpg

(How cute are the little hair straighteners! I love them!)

Also I have my sunscreens (and the biggest aftersun ever!):

Suncream.jpg

Then, I packed them (+ non photographed things) into two bags so they can be evenly divided between our suitcases so we'll be OK should a case go missing!

Toil-bags.jpg

I also sorted out my in park bags, including my MNSSHP candy bag. :) Jack still needs to make his. I have put a couple of bits in there too, like video camera, mister fans etc.

ParkBags.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I made our Mousekeeping envelopes.

Mousekeeping1.jpg

Of course the second paper was spread over the spare bed I gained a helper who had previously only been an observer:

Mousekeeping2.jpg

(Why do cats love paper so much?)

Once I'd removed Bella, I moved onto hand luggage, this is my bag that I love:

HL1.jpg

It divides into two sections, one of which I will be putting in my netbook, other electronics and also valuable bits like currency etc. As nothing can fall out of that section if the bag was opened.

HL2.jpg

In case any of you are DS fans like me, here is my inflight gaming selection:

Games.jpg

In the main section of the bag I have my little bag of liquids (mainly germ killing products!) a little bag of toiletries/medicine we might need for the journey, and my neck pillow, which rolls up really small and fits perfectly into a little elastic-y compartment of the bag. :)

HL3.jpg

I also have a couple of books for the trip, and the new Dan brown on order which should arrive this week:

Books-1.jpg

I've not packed clothing yet, that is next weekends job, but I did buy a pair of board shorts today, to complete my water park outfit:

WaterparkWear.jpg

The little shoes set the whole ensemble off wonderfully............:rolleyes:

All that packing sure tired us out!

HardWork.jpg

Torsie i love all your little bags they are all so funky. I esp love the one with the cherries.

Can't believe how organised you are.

Torsie you are soooo organised, I wish I had a small bit of your organisational skills.

Not long now and you are going to be having the time of your life, enjoy it all.

Thanks Em and Natalie! :)

I can never be bothered to do anything once I get home from work. So although I seem organised as I technically only have 4 packing days left (2 weekends), I still have a lot to do!

Wow looking at these pictures makes me excited just to pack for our trip!!

May I ask which hair straighteners you have photographed for taking with you? After reading some things online about some uk hair straighteners not working in america, im a bit worried as i need hair straighteners!!!

Sure! They are babyliss (Mini Pro 200 Nano) travel ones, I got them in superdrug for £15. But if you search eBay I jsut found a seller with them for £15.99 including P&P.

(Don't think I'm allowed to link on the DIS.)

Great update. I was playing Cooking Mama in our hotel at Heathrow in July when we were waiting for the restaurant to open for dinner. :thumbsup2 The Hidden Magic book looks interesting as well, might have to look in to getting that for myself. :goodvibes

The hidden magic book is great. :) I thought I'd learnt everything there was to know from the DIS, but I learnt loads extra from the book.

:cheer2: I am so excited for you and I don't even have a holiday planned :sad1: I love that pink spotty hand luggage bag- useful and pretty!

Edited to add.. how sad are my tickers? 3 years and 2 months since your last wdw holiday!! booo :(

Just joining in:thumbsup2

Loving your PTR!

Where did you get the Mousekeeping envelopes? What a gorgeous idea!

I got them from the mouse for less. :) Very fun website!

:cheer2: I am so excited for you and I don't even have a holiday planned :sad1: I love that pink spotty hand luggage bag- useful and pretty!

Edited to add.. how sad are my tickers? 3 years and 2 months since your last wdw holiday!! booo :(

Awww, you'll be back! I think it's scarier our DLP trips were 14 months ago. :scared1: Where has that gone?!

I love the cherry bag-where did you get it?.
Great MNSSHP bag :thumbsup2.How kind of Bella to help you pack :cutie:,i must get round to putting my piccie up of my Max-they are so like twins.
Nearly here+you will soon be on your way :banana:.x.

I got it for christmas from Jacks sister. She always busy the best presents!

It is from accesorize I believe. :)

Eeeeeeee - SDD today!!

:cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana:

Although my ticker has gotten stuck on 12 days. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter