Confession Time! What's your secret shame?

I have a 2 and 1/2 year old bar of unwrapped circular Mickey soap from AKL now sitting in the bathroom soap dish. No one is allowed to touch it. When dust settles on it, I meticulously brush it off, careful not to disrupt the etched Mickey head.

It has to last until our next trip, which is unlikely to occur until 2013, at which point I'll swipe a new hotel soap to last the next five years.

...Maybe I'll take two...

I have never watched The Lion King. I refuse--I know I will cry big snotty buckets and just don't want to. The cm at the disney store nearly fainted when my Dh outed me, which he loves to do just for the reaction.

My first utterance when passing through the gate into MK was, "Where are all the roller coasters at?" Lemme explain--I got the shaft as a kid because my parents hate most things fun with the exception of thrill parks. That was all I was ever exposed to, so when I had my first Disney experience in 1997 at the age of 22, I wasn't aware of the magic...let's just say I'm well versed in it now!:goodvibes

I'm terrified of the characters. Dh loves to gets pics and autographs. I try to hide and take our own pics, but they always find me and drag me in. Aladdin once asked how princess was doing and I said this princess is wigging out right now! He told Dh to take care of his special princess...special, yep, umm-hum. :dance3:

My confession is that although I have ridden many very high/scary roller coasters (at many theme parks) ... Astro Orbiter scares me to DEATH! Rode it once ... that was it! I know it is not like roller coasters but come on ... how can I be that scared!!! But I am ... :scared1:

The Astro Orbiter scares me too!! I hate it so much. I think it's because it's really high in the air and I don't feel secure in it at all. Of course, my DH thinks it's hilarious that it scares the beans out of me, but it is truly the scariest ride of all time. :eek:

my secret 'shame' is that i get all caught up in the moment when we walk thru the lobby doors of our resort to get in line to check in. i feel like we've officially 'arrived' and are embarking on our vacation.

i know, standing in line, waiting and checking in doesn't exactly say 'yay' for most.

Oh, I love that place!

As for Beverly... listen, mama didn't raise no fools! Well, maybe one... my sister... who'll be on this trip...

Beverly, you say. Beverly, I'd like you to meet my sister, Susan... Bwahahaha

Thank god. I was afraid I'd have to come in screaming and waving my arms telling you no.

To be fair, when I made my dad drink it, I stuck my tongue into the cup just to see why everyone made those faces... and immediately knocked back 3-4 tiny cups of the Watermelon soda from China to try and get the taste out of my mouth.

Dumbo scares the crap out of me! I can ride all of the mountains, but Dumbo is just too much. I close my eyes or look down at my lap the whole time we're in the air. I always hope my kids won't make it go up and down too much!

I, too, have gone with DH unbeknownst to my kids.

I'm gonna go ahead and rat DH out here, too...why not, right? His shame is his love of WDW. He won't admit it to anyone at home and rolls his eyes when I say I want to go back. He balks at the cost all the way through the planning and makes it all seem like a favor to me and the kids. THEN we get there! :thumbsup2 Suddenly, he's plotting how to stay longer, thinking of buying into DVC and looking at the cost analysis on APs. EVERY TIME!! :rotfl:

My secret shame is that I still get really shy and nervous when I meet any characters...especially the Fab Five. I just feel like I'm 5 again and these characters are the real deal. I stutter and stammer and blush...I'm 22 and DH laughs every time.

I don't know if this is secret, because it affects my whole family and they know it! I get the mid-week blues and become an absolute witch with a B mid-week. I don't know why...I think it's because I know the trip is half over. I've really tried living in the moment, and I was actually successful with that on this past trip.

I also get weepy when I see others checking in while I am checking out.

I'm a mess. :rotfl:

I don't know if this is secret, because it affects my whole family and they know it! I get the mid-week blues and become an absolute witch with a B mid-week. I don't know why...I think it's because I know the trip is half over. I've really tried living in the moment, and I was actually successful with that on this past trip.

I also get weepy when I see others checking in while I am checking out.

I'm a mess. :rotfl:

wow, i don't know where to begin. Snape?

I'd been to Disney probably almost 100 times and had NEVER done the hall of presidents until our last trip last month. My 11 year old wanted to see it.... and I LOVED IT! I can't wait to see it again. Go figure.

I have to close my eyes during the Wizard of Oz portion of The Great Movie Ride b/c that movie scared the bejeebers out of me. Still does, can't watch it!

Runner up is the candy man in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Lord help me if they ever revamp and decide to put something about that in there!

DD thinks it's funny I can sit through Exorcist and the like, but a green faced witch and a creepy .... I smellll chilllldrennn ... candy man scare the pants of me :rotfl:

These are my top 2 scary movies too! How funny! I won't let my kids watch either of them. I remember watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when I was about 8 and the part where the kids are in the toy shop looking out the window and the child catcher's head pops in the window hanging upside down:scared1:... gives me nightmares still.

My secret shame is that I cry during the parades and also watching my kids interact with the characters. Well, my daughter anyway. My son cries and runs away in terror.

I'm glad my fear fart has brought happiness to others. I have to say I love the ride now, it was just that first ride and that first drop. Thank god for the screams. :lmao:

This is terrible, but one of our trips back in 2004 my DS(then age 7) was always getting sick for some reason. I think it was too much chocolate milk in the summer heat, but there were a few times when he threw up. One of the times in AKL he out of nowhere decided he couldn't make it and threw up in one of the gigantic, beautiful vases in the hallway. I still feel so bad!!!!!

Also I am raising my nephew after my sister lost her battle with cancer. Disney was a family tradition for us since we were little girls and she wished to be cremated and her ashes scattered in some places she loved. She loved the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain so allegedly they may have been scattered on these rides.......I say allegedly because if it is not legal, oops.

DD7 lost her nerve after getting on TOT. I could
I don't get TSM. Did it once, and it was fun, but I wouldn't stand in line for an extended amount of time for it. :confused3

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. On or last trip my wife very nearly got pushed over by a guy desperately trying to get fast passes for TSM at park opening. After that we decided that the attraction just wasn't worth the hassle and so we avoid it now.

I have a few things that im ashamed of... some are pathetic lol

1) POTC that first drop ... i know its coming... i cling on for dear life lol

2) I Love Stitch's great escape lol where is florida? lmao

3) I love Tiki Room (with the new managment)

4) i get teary eyed everytime i walk down main street for the first day of the trip and get a weird feeling of welcome home lol

5) i actually cried and i mean proper wet eyes when the cast member recognised me and my girlfriend from a previous visit... we got the welcome home treatment and the guy seemed genuinly happy to see us lol :hug:

ok i have a couple

I cry when we get on the ME to get to our resort becasdue i'm so happy to be there. I cry when I see the sign on the way to the hotel.

Lump in my throat and tear a wishes.

Worst though is i too like a pp get a bit of the evil eye towards people when they are just checking in and I am waiting for the ME to go home. I have to seriously bite my lip on the way home other wise and he will hate me for saying this but i would set of DH and he cries at the Tigger movie.

Haha!! I'm guilty of that too! I always get jealous of the people who are just arriving when I'm waiting to go back to the airport!

I also feel the tiniest little "haha" when I see people hauling their luggage to bell services because it's their day to leave, and I'm happily skipping to my room on that first day. I'm so mean!!

Disney purgatory for me. LOL!

1) I *hate* Tinkerbell. She is not cute, witty, adorable, or spunky to me. Ya'll can have her!

2) It's all I can do to not burst into tears & throw myself into Mickey's arms when I see him. Apparently, I'm still 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter