Confession Time! What's your secret shame?

FWIW, I don't think he was calling you Snape, I think he was referring your comment "to" Snape for Snape to make a reply to your post. Snape is a poster who frequently makes snarky and witty (and, I'll admit, generally very funny) remarks on other people's posts. I'm not sure why it was done, but I don't think he was calling you Snape.

Oh. What do I know? :confused3:lmao:

1. After many years of not being there, the first time we rode Maelstrom at the part where it goes backwards, I made a big scene because I thought something was wrong with the ride and we were going to fall out into the courtyard. Everybody was looking at me like I was a whack job! :crazy2:

2. While having dinner at the castle, I videoed myself in the stall of Cinderellas bathroom . Nothing x-rated, but I pointed the camera towards the stall door while I was sitting there and reported "Coming to you Live from Cinderellas Bathroom..." :)

3. Not a big deal but I listen to Disney music in the car all the time without any kids along at all. I really don't care whose sitting next to me in traffic. I am what I am! :earboy2:

1. Somewhere, in some corner of my mind, I am always planning my next visit.
2. I get soupy-eyed as I leave. I go so far as to watch out the airplane window for one last peek.

Let's see -

I ride the Dinosaur ride over and over again, even though it scares the you-know-what out of me every time.

I shed a couple of tears at the Rope Drop show at MK when the characters ride in on the train. Heck, one year, I took my mom and I cried like a child. She was hugging me the entire time. I mean, I was there with my mom... trip of a lifetime.

And no matter how many times I go, I love to go to the GF and watch the girls dressed up in costume, meet Miss Rose Petal and go into the Tea Room.

I haven't been to the most magical place on earth in almost 13 years. BUT I am headed there in 88 days and I can't wait.

I am getting teary eyed just reading all these posts!!!

I know I will cry when I get there because this trip is so much more than just a trip to DW. We are going with my husband's son and his family. It is the first time (in over 6 years) that we have done something like this together and it's acceptance of me (FINALLY) by his family! I have done so much planning for this trip that they are going to have so much fun and will never want to go on vacation without me again!!!:rolleyes1

I spent this past Saturday (ALL DAY) working on t-shirts for everybody. I made 18 t-shirts with iron ons on both the front and back of each shirt. I can't wait to give them to them!!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their special moments - I will have my own special moments when I get back - though I'm looking forward to going but not so much to leaving the kingdom!!!

Also, TTA is one of my all time favorite rides. (I will never call it Peoplemover nor will I be OK with the new soundtrack...) I had pretty much the entire soundtrack memorized. I didn't understand the "Mr. Tom Morrow" pun until I was 15.

I also stare in wonderment at the original EPCOT design as "a city to live, work, and play" and dream what it would be like if it actually existed and how much I'd want to live there.

I don't like any of the educational stuff at EPCOT. It's just not why I go to Disney. I just visit that park for Soarin, the Nemo ride, and Illuminations.

We have a daughter that's 5 and a son that's 7 months and I'm already dreading the days when they say they are too old for Disney, that it's boring, or that they're just too busy with their own lives to go on vacations with us.

But, I'm already looking forward to taking my grandchildren and if that doesn't work out, I can imagine myself being some old guy sitting on a bench by myself watching other happy families experience the world.

Hopefully I won't creep anybody out.

I don't think you need to worry too much about this. My DD's are 19 and 23 and *VERY* busy with school, grad school, study abroad etc. If they *ever* thought that I went to WDW without them there would be serious trouble. They really can't bear the thought of being left out

So, 'fess up... what's your secret shame when it comes to attractions at Walt Disney World?
When I was very little, I got scared of the oh-so-terrifying :rolleyes: Universe Of Energy attraction at Epcot. Even though I LOVED dinosaurs at that age (5), for some reason that part of the attraction scared the daylights out of me. Yeah, sad.

(Imagine had I gone on AK's Dinosaur back then if it were around). :eek:

Animal Kingdom is my FAVORITE park.

I love Disney food. I'm super picky and eat like a five year old. I could eat their chicken nuggets every day. (and do when I'm there)

I love AK too. I know people consider it a "half-day" park, but let me tell you, I could spend half a day just hanging out in The Oasis, or walking the tiger trail.

When we were at Disney last year, we went to Chef Mickey's for dinner one night. There was plenty of good food... but the adults in my party were FEASTING on the chicken finger's from the children's area. LOL

my secret 'shame' is that i get all caught up in the moment when we walk thru the lobby doors of our resort to get in line to check in. i feel like we've officially 'arrived' and are embarking on our vacation.

i know, standing in line, waiting and checking in doesn't exactly say 'yay' for most.

OMG. I thought I was the only one. The SECOND my car arrives (I always get a car service from the airport) at the resort, my heart starts pumping. Standing in line, I look around and soak it all in. Around me, people might be complaining about having to wait in line or whatever, but I tune them out (I do a LOT of turning out of complainers while at Disney!) and just... relax.

My confession, only admitted on the DIS: DH has been after me to get a smartphone for awhile and I finally caved last week ... in large part because I really, really want some Disney apps for our trip this fall, like Lines.

As for rides, my shameful secret is that I love doing them all, even the slightly boring ones, because they are tradition!

PHXscuba

My confession is that although I have ridden many very high/scary roller coasters (at many theme parks) ... Astro Orbiter scares me to DEATH! Rode it once ... that was it! I know it is not like roller coasters but come on ... how can I be that scared!!! But I am ... :scared1:
I'm glad I'm not the only one:goodvibes
That ride scares the crap out of me. I will ride any roller coaster but I just don't like the height and the cars are really unconformable.

Also I have a fear that I will fall out of Soarin because the first time that I rode it I freaked out at the small jolt at the end. Well ever since then I ride with the seat belt through the "kiddie" strap because that makes me feel safer.

1. It makes me a tiny bit happy inside when people say "We went to Disney but I don't get it. We'll never go back." Good. More room for me!
2. I'm delighted that my grown kids (23 and 21) get as excited about going now with their dad and I as they did when they were little.
3. I love planning. I'm hoping to go this time next year, and I'm already excited just thinking about it!
4. I'm actually at my most happiest when we're driving down the driveway in the icy cold of a Michigan early morning to make the flight to Orlando. That's when I know we're really on our way and the whole week is in front of us!

Two things:

I love buffets! Tusker House, Boma, Biergarten, Crystal Palace, Akershus-we did them all on our most recent trip and enjoyed them all.

Also, I guess I lied by omission when I did not tell my DD that there was a drop in POTC. I knew if she knew, she wouldn't go near it. Turns out, it didn't bother her at all and she loved it as I knew she would.
Jessica

Here are some of mine...

1. I only like Epcot for the booze. :rolleyes1
  2. I'm giddy every time I see the fixings bar at Cosmic Ray's and Peco Bill's.
  3. I love taking the butt-crack-of-dawn flight down to WDW.
  4. I've reused a mug from a previous trip. Yep, flame away.
  5. I'm so obsessed w/ pin trading I rarely take breaks b/c I might miss looking at a CM's lanyard.
  6. I was actually upset I wasn't able to go to all four parks in one day so I could get a certain badge on Lines. :sad2:
  7. I've taken pictures of random people who are dressed up all crazy at the parks. I pretend I'm taking a picture of something else, but I'm really just zooming in on how awesomely bad people dress. Who wears 5" heels at WDW? I mean, come on!!!

Here are some of mine...

1. I only like Epcot for the booze. :rolleyes1
  2. I'm giddy every time I see the fixings bar at Cosmic Ray's and Peco Bill's.
  3. I love taking the butt-crack-of-dawn flight down to WDW.
  4. I've reused a mug from a previous trip. Yep, flame away.
  5. I'm so obsessed w/ pin trading I rarely take breaks b/c I might miss looking at a CM's lanyard.
  6. I was actually upset I wasn't able to go to all four parks in one day so I could get a certain badge on Lines. :sad2:
  7. I've taken pictures of random people who are dressed up all crazy at the parks. I pretend I'm taking a picture of something else, but I'm really just zooming in on how awesomely bad people dress. Who wears 5" heels at WDW? I mean, come on!!!

I did #7 on our last trip as well! Coochie-cutters to MNSSHP? You're the MOM!! Come on!! And men in super short-shorts crack me up too, so I need photographic proof (I swear I'm not trying to pass on the damage I saw to others :angel:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter