Confession Time! What's your secret shame?

Haha!! I'm guilty of that too! I always get jealous of the people who are just arriving when I'm waiting to go back to the airport!

I also feel the tiniest little "haha" when I see people hauling their luggage to bell services because it's their day to leave, and I'm happily skipping to my room on that first day. I'm so mean!!

Disney purgatory for me. LOL!

I'm glad I'm not alone. Another poster referred to me as "Snape" (I'm guessing from Harry Potter?) when I confessed. I don't get the reference since I've never read an HP book and have never seen the movies, but I will assume it wasn't a compliment...:confused3

1) As you can see from my tag, watching the Disney vacation planning guide DVDs make me cry. Every. Single. Time. My favorite (yup, I have a fav) is the Magical Gatherings one.

2) I am WAAAY more excited about my WDW honeymoon than I am about the wedding.

3) I cry at Beauty and the Beast, Wishes, Illuminations, One Man's Dream, etc.

4) I flat out refused to ride TOT the first time I went through the line because of the lightening in the pre-show. My brother took the chicken elevator with me while my parents rode it. My parents' elevator malfunctioned. 5 minutes later when I still hadn't seen my parents (I was about 8 at the time), some CMs walk up to us and say "These are the kids." I burst out crying because I'm convinced I was orphaned at WDW. Then finally my parents appear safe and sound.

Now TOT is my favorite ride. :confused3

Rope Drop Ceremony-have to wear my shades to hide my tears:rotfl:

Ok, I must admit. EVERYTIME I ride Splash Mountain (which is a family fave btw..) I cannot stop hiding my face in DD's neck. She's 5! She will take the big plunge with arms raised yelling "WOOHOO" but her mama cannot stop hiding her face! What a noodle I am.:sad2:

Just watching Wishes or Fantasmic! on YouTube makes me teary eyed. I KNOW i am going to cry when I see these for the first time, and I'm a 17 year old boy.

I'm not 'ashamed' of that at all though to be honest! :)

Having a 16 year old son, I love this! We have been taking DS since he was 6 and while he won't admit to being so into the "magic" he still gets excited about helping to plan the trip.

It's tough to be a bug! scares the crap out of me! I have to duck when they spray the acid at you and I just start screaming my head off when the scary black widows start attacking you.......Oh and I"ve always been secretly proud of my self for going on Stitches Great Escape oh, and I actually like that ride!:cool1:

Last year we took the grandkids and they wanted to go on this. I made sure I was in the front of the line going in and DH was in the back. When the doors opened to let us in I walked straight through without sitting down and went out the exit door and waited for them outside. So I tricked them all into thinking I was going to ride because if I had chickened out they would have too. I really, really HATE ITTBAB!!

Ohhh. I thought of another one when I was watering my plants. I have two clippings from the hanging plants at Poly.:rolleyes1

Are you my mom? :rotfl: Every where I take her, WDW, Zoo, Dr's office she is always "collecting" new vegetation :sad2:;)

Put me in with the crying group-it all makes me cry.

I like to sing along and participate at the parades and shows but this embarrasses my DS so much that I try to not do it.

We took 2 of our grandkids last year. Lord knows I love those wonderful children, but I am really glad it will just be DH, DS, and myself this year. I feel really bad saying that :guilty:

And on the subject of family...DSIL and her family live in Tampa and I love seeing them, but I don't want them along for the whole trip or even every trip because they don't "get" Disney. I spend 6+ months planning our trips, even with trying to plan around them it can get all messed up (they change the days they want to come over multiple times :rolleyes:, I'll make adr's for all of us and then they don't want to go, etc.) They don't understand that we only have so much time there and we have to plan it out. Again I feel sooooo bad saying that about my family :guilty:

We have a daughter that's 5 and a son that's 7 months and I'm already dreading the days when they say they are too old for Disney, that it's boring, or that they're just too busy with their own lives to go on vacations with us.

But, I'm already looking forward to taking my grandchildren and if that doesn't work out, I can imagine myself being some old guy sitting on a bench by myself watching other happy families experience the world.

Hopefully I won't creep anybody out.

During our last visit we missed the WL bus by seconds for rope drop at MK. I asked a taxi driver if he could take us to the MK front gate and he said yes. Instead he took us to the TTC. (I now know taxi's can't go to MK's front gate.) I was so angry I stiffed the taxi driver... Not proud of that one. We did make rope drop, though.

Martin

I secretly hate all the girls who get to be "really good friends" with the princesses, because I'm not tall enough.

I too tear up during Hall of Presidents, Wishes, even Spectro. And I never cry. :scared1:

Even though we go when it's disgustingly hot in summers, I always have to make sure I do my hair and wear a cute outfit.. gotta look good in those pictures. no tennis shoes for me!

I'm glad I'm not alone. Another poster referred to me as "Snape" (I'm guessing from Harry Potter?) when I confessed. I don't get the reference since I've never read an HP book and have never seen the movies, but I will assume it wasn't a compliment...:confused3

REALLY? I didn't even know if was FROM HP because I couldn't figure out what a "snape" was!! LOL!!! I don't like HP at all, so I wouldn't know either. And hell, I don't care if it wasn't complimentary, lol, it's a confessions thread, so I confessed! Hehehe!! I'm with you! You're so not alone! :goodvibes

I'm going to do a confession for my Mom since she isn't here to defend herself. She's scared to death of the Haunted Mansion.

FWIW, I don't think he was calling you Snape, I think he was referring your comment "to" Snape for Snape to make a reply to your post. Snape is a poster who frequently makes snarky and witty (and, I'll admit, generally very funny) remarks on other people's posts. I'm not sure why it was done, but I don't think he was calling you Snape.

I confess...

On a girls only trip with my Mom and sister a few years ago, I wandered over to Epcot while they rested in our room at the BC. I had no idea that Davy Jones was performing that day. Cried like a baby through the entire show.

You see...a girl never forgets her first love. :lovestruc :blush:

*Never would've worked out, though, with me being six and all, LOL.*

Still one of my favorite - albeit it embarrassing - Disney moments.

Um, I definitely cried ON THE MAGICAL EXPRESS BUS. Like, they started showing the little video and the tears were flowing. It had been a tough year, what can I say?

Also, I'm just not a fan of AK...sorry. But I do like riding Journey Into Imagination at least twice in each trip. And singing along. I know, I feel bad for the people that travel with me too ;)

I had my librarian friend do me a "favor" of questionable legality...all in the name of getting the hard to find "Official Album" that has songs from DL, WDW, and Epcot Center...now I often find myself singing "Listen to the Land" in the shower...

Once in Feb in the early 90's, I was out by the CBR pool around 3am and saw a guy skinny dipping with his girlfriend... so naturally I whipped out my video camera. You can find it on youtube here: ________ ;) ;)

Well, since that was 18 years ago, when I was a mere 26 and in good shape, I'l take those youtube hits as a compliment :thumbsup2

Back to being serious, my secret "shame" is how geeked up I get during Living With The Land boat ride, especially during the science presentations. Seeing those plants growing in sand, or upside down, just intrigues me to no end.
I'm sure this nerd side of me drives my kids batty.

I have a few:

1) I am also in the group of people who get a little smug when arriving on the Magical Express and you see all the people waiting to leave.

2) I am completely resentful of the people arriving on the Magical Express when I am leaving...stupid, smug tourists. ;)

3) I am completely unnerved by the characters. I love looking at the pictures later but I do not want to approach them. I feel like I am bothering them in some way even though I know that they are there for me to interact with. I imagine them rolling their eyes saying, "Here comes another one..." I know, I know. Makes NO sense.

On Sunday - the day we were leaving - I popped down to the gift store in the Contemporary to get a Christmas ornament. As I was checking out, the very sweet cashier asked me what park I was headed to that day and I broke down in tears because we were getting ready to head home! Embarrassing! We just had such a nice week and I really enjoyed being with my kids and watching them experience things - I was sad it was over.

I have a few:

1. I get teary-eyed all the time - when I get on ME, when I get there, when I enter the park, when I watch shows, when I watch fireworks, when I watch the parade, when I see a little kid hug Mickey, when my own kid hugs Mickey, when I'm leaving, when I'm at the airport and when I get home. I need help.

2. I broke a plate once at the store @ All Star Music - I was 10 and it was a total accident - the lady at the cash register made me feel horrible and I cried the whole day.

3. I pretend to be excited for people going to Disney World - inside I'm secretly jelous and totally hating on them.

4. I stand in line, hug, kiss and talk to all of my favorite characters. I can carry on a conversation with them and I don't care who is watching.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter