DIS petition to save the Adventurers Club

Is there a petition going around the DIS that can be passed around and electronically "signed" petitioning Disney to keep the Adventurers Club in some capacity? I mean, you could get thousands of fans to sign, correct?

I'd gladly sign one. I was just trying to figure out if there was one going around which seems like a good idea.

We can use this thread and email the link to Disney Guest Communications.

Online petitions are never as good as real ones. I suggest if someone really wants to make an impression of the PTBs about this, that they get people to put pen to paper and send signed letters.

Better yet, though, would be for folks to remember that lack of patronage translates into a greater likelihood that attractions will be decommissioned. So while this offering is probably already history, look around WDW at the things you enjoy. Do you always visit them? Do you visit them multiple times per trip? If not, then don't get too attached to the attraction. What's worse -- is the place empty when you visit them? If so, then you really need to start selling the attraction and get other visitors to visit the attraction in large numbers, or prepare yourself for the possibility that the attraction will be closed.

The time to "save" an attraction is long before it is slated for being closed.

Got to agree with Bicker on this one.

Even though I used to be a faithful visitor to PI, the recent changes to open the entire island to all and the resulting changes in admission practices have driven me away. I suspect that this is true of many others which resulted in the Island becoming less profitable. Only continued high attendance would have prevented this from happening.

The reason PI is closing is that Disney did it in.

Online petitions are never as good as real ones. I suggest if someone really wants to make an impression of the PTBs about this, that they get people to put pen to paper and send signed letters.

Better yet, though, would be for folks to remember that lack of patronage translates into a greater likelihood that attractions will be decommissioned. So while this offering is probably already history, look around WDW at the things you enjoy. Do you always visit them? Do you visit them multiple times per trip? If not, then don't get too attached to the attraction. What's worse -- is the place empty when you visit them? If so, then you really need to start selling the attraction and get other visitors to visit the attraction in large numbers, or prepare yourself for the possibility that the attraction will be closed.

The time to "save" an attraction is long before it is slated for being closed.

::yes::

It is my impression, and is based on some knowledge but probably not exact knowledge in all areas, that the Adventurers Club and the Comedy Warehouse did not suffer from a lack of patronage.

The closure of these two clubs is apparently due to the desire of WDW to revamp the entire Downtown Disney concept. Nightclubs of any type don't belong in their new vision, whether they make money or not.

Can a guest petition, letters, change their vision? Probably not. But I couldn't tell you that raising their awareness will do no good whatsoever.

Sorry to say this, but I doubt a petition will have any impact at this point. I walk through PI on a regular basis in the evening. AC is usually dead. It tends to pick up a little on weekends, but not what I'd call a big crowd. Once Disney makes a decision and announces it, it rarely changes its plans. But, good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter