DIS petition to save the Adventurers Club

I'll be printing off the petition and sending it this weekend, so last chance! I'll be mentioning the link too though in case we get more.

I'll be printing off the petition and sending it this weekend, so last chance! I'll be mentioning the link too though in case we get more.

I so wish we had double that...I had a dream where I was standing outside the AC with a clipboard collecting siggies! ;) :idea:

I am thinking that the castmembers are liking what we're doing. Then I had a weird thought: "Maybe they need a break. But, no, they seem to really love their jobs!" So, then I stopped thinking that way. I am trying to get a read from the CMs how they are feeling.

You know what's better than 5,408 electronic signatures?

27,040 letters. (That's 5408 x 5.)

Please visit kungalooshforever.com and do your part if you haven't yet.

Paper letters are tangible proof that this issue is important enough for us to make an effort.

seems to have stalled at around 5700. That's a great number.

I designed and ordered a teeshirt through Zazzle.com with a picture of the AdvClub logo on the front with big, bold letters, "Save the Adventurer's Club!" On the back, I have the petition website link. I wore it to the Magic Kingdom Saturday and got a lot of responses, all positive. Some did not know about the petition. I told them to go to the website and sign it. I also designed a bumper sticker for my car. I am hoping these little things help. Who knows. I just feel better at least trying.

Award-winning author Peter David has a proposal to launch a Maps for AC campaign similar to the Nuts campaign that successfully convinced CBS to un-cancel Jericho.

From http://peterdavid.malibulist.com/archives/006342.html:
I've decided that simply sending letters to save the Adventurers Club may not be enough. Previous letter campaigns to various companies have been more effective when there are visual aids accompanying them.

You see, to the best of anyone's knowledge, Robert Iger has never actually been to the Adventurers Club. Not once. In fact, for all we know, none of the decision makers have ever actually visited it, or have the faintest idea of the superb family entertainment it offers.

So here's what I intend to send Robert Iger, and I hope fellow supporters--or those who have not yet had the opportunity to enjoy the Club and want to have the opportunity to do so--will do this as well:

Maps

The concept ties into the Adventurers Club motto of "Up or down, north, south, east or west, an Adventurer's life is best." There is only one possible explanation for why key Disney executives have never gone to the Club: They have no idea where it is. So to be helpful, it behooves us to help them find it. Furthermore, we can underscore the notion that, for adventurers all over the country, or even the world, all roads lead to the Adventurers Club.

What I intend to do--and I hope others will follow my lead--is to pull out an old map, circle the town where I live, and then draw a path heading toward the Adventurers Club as far down as the map allows. That way, no matter where Bob Iger happens to be, he'll be able to pull out a map and find the general direction to go in order to find the Club.

I want to see Robert Iger's office flooded with maps. If nothing else, it's becoming obvious that Disney has lost its sense of direction, and as dedicated adventurers, we can do nothing less than help them find their way. In addition to whatever letter you wish to include talking about your experiences at the Club, be sure to write "Adventure Is In This Direction!" or "This Way to Adventure!" on the map. My further hope is that we can capture media attention with a dedicated map campaign. It's just different enough from your standard-issue letter-writing campaign.

I know there are all sorts of rumors about the Club winding up at other locations at Disney. My sources have indicated to me that that is all they are: Rumors. Nothing is settled. Nothing is definite. And from what I understand, if Disney is not made to realize what a terrific place the Club is and how worth saving it is, then rumors are all they will remain.

Send your maps to:

Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
Walt Disney Corporation
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Feel free to crosspost this message to any boards. I will keep people apprised of any further developments.

I love it. When I ran into Bob Iger walking his son to the men's room at Jiko, I wish I had known then! I would have stopped him and mentioned it. But that was a good 8 months ago...oh well.

Can you imagine Bob Iger doing the "Long Thong Dance" with Willow Bay looking on?! :lmao:

I don't know how I missed the information about this when it first came out. This is a travesty!:sad1:

Well no news on the front but we are still doing the Blog cast 3 times a week :) In fact we have a show starting in 10 minutes with me as the co-host! Come on by and chat in the chat room or give us a call, one hour of Adventurers Club chat, how can you go wrong? :) Save the AC! Kungaloosh!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/savepi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter