DIS petition to save the Adventurers Club

As soon as it hits 10,000 I'll send it. If it doesn't I'll send it as soon as the activity slows down. I wonder if any of the Orlando news stations would pick this story up??

This type of discussion is usually found on the theme parks comunity board, so I'm going to move it over there.

As soon as it hits 10,000 I'll send it. If it doesn't I'll send it as soon as the activity slows down. I wonder if any of the Orlando news stations would pick this story up??

They might carry it because it is Disney, but don't expect to generate much support from locals. I hardly ever see any locals at PI. I see them at the AMC on the West Side, but that's about it. The local younger crowd are more likely to frequent individual clubs around town or City Walk.

I know they don't care for WDW but I thought a lot of them liked the AC. What a shame if they don't, if I lived there I'd go every weekend!

I know they don't care for WDW but I thought a lot of them liked the AC. What a shame if they don't, if I lived there I'd go every weekend!

I understand why you say that. I guarantee, if you lived here for very long, you wouldn't go every weekend. Living in the Disney bubble gets a little old after awhile. Doing the same thing every weekend would get old as well. Believe me, there are some really nice places to go and things to do in Orlando in addition to Disney. You also have to take in to account the cost factor. It doesn't seem that expensive when you are on vacation. At that point, you're in spending mode. For everyday life, it gets expensive.

That's true and I know what you mean. There are some cool things in Austin but I don't go to them as much as I should! lol

Anyways I had to go through and delete about 5% of the signatures because they were only one name or were obvious fake names. If you were one of them please consider signing again with your first and last name. Your email address will not be shown or anything. And please don't sign it twice, Petition Online is checking for duplicates. Thanks!

Val

I just got this message from Brandon on Facebook with actual phone numbers to Disney execs including Lansbury! We should definitely call this weekend while they aren't there and leave messages, cause I'm sure when Monday comes the numbers will be changed.

Today, I was given the personal voicemail numbers for Barry Carlson and DTD VP Kevin Lansberry from a guest who found their numbers in the TeleCast dropped carelessly at Downtown Disney.

I took this opportunity to call and leave a voicemail for both today and hope you will consider doing so as well; remember, be thoughtful, sincere and always let your conscience be your guide.

Also, be brief! The shorter the calls--the more we will fit on their voicemail
before "voicemail is full."

-------------------

Barry Carlson, General Manager of Operations at DTD'S
Personal Voicemail: 407-934-6688

Kevin Lansberry Vice President of DTD: 407-828-4591

---------------

HERE IS WHAT TO SAY:

"Hello (Barry or Kevin),

My name is (Your Name Here) and I am a patron of Pleasure Island/The Adventurers Club. I was calling to let you know while we appreciate the Disney Company's concern for building a better guest experience, I hope you will respectively re-consider the plans to close this Downtown Disney attraction.

I am considering taking my business outside of Disney if this plan goes through.

Thanks!"

Sincerely,
Brandon De Hoyos,
Host, SAVE the AC: Radio! Activism! Adventure!

Everyone, if you want to make yourself heard, the very best way is to write a real, physical letter. These carry much more weight (figuratively too!) than e-mail messages or online petitions.

Please, if you want to save this attraction, drop letters to the following addresses. Talk about any special memories you have of the club, and why it's a favorite Disney attraction. (You can just write one letter and change the address for each one.)

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

There are rumors that this decision is already being reconsidered, and even if the AC is boarded up, the chances of it being revived are much stronger if Disney hears from us.

I applaud whoever started these petitions, but please, please, please follow up your electronic sig with a paper letter. (Got writer's block? I'm glad to send you my own letter.)

There are rumors that this decision is already being reconsidered, and even if the AC is boarded up, the chances of it being revived are much stronger if Disney hears from us.

I applaud whoever started these petitions, but please, please, please follow up your electronic sig with a paper letter. (Got writer's block? I'm glad to send you my own letter.)

I heard a rumor from my very good friend, who is a CM, who heard it from another CM in entertainment (we all know how that goes), but it's something. Rumor has it they're keeping three clubs, one of which is AC. I hope she's right!

I totally agree about the letter writing. In these times of emails, there's nothing like getting gobs of paper mail delivered to one's office!

We were at AC last night...caught the maid's show and Hoopla. CMs didn't seem too upset about it closing. I was inferring that they knew something (good) that we didn't?!!!

Ahecht, you are awesome. Is this your site? If so, would you consider displaying the link to this info prominently on the main page?

The letters count for more than the petition, and as I trawl the web, I'm seeing posts from many people with strong feelings who have not written letters.

The page is kind of a group effort between Ahect, myself and a guy from Flickr. Ahect was nice enough to put a link to the letter writing on an upper frame he made when you click on the main link from the main homepage. If you think it would help I could add a link from the main page, just didn't want it to be too cluttered. Up to 4700 signatures by the way!!!

Oh, I see it, Marie! The top frame gets cut off in my browser, and the text is really easy to miss. At first glance, it looks like an advertisement.

I would implore you to do anything you can to make it /impossible/ to miss without cluttering your lovely site. Perhaps a link inside the main frame, in the body of the petition text?

How about a link from the main page in the form of a button, maybe with a picture of the radiothon? (After all, we want to help the AC keep its doors open, and we don't have a mayonnaise-loving benefactor of our own!)

I am convinced that physical mail is our best bet.

Arista, what browser are you using, and what is your screen resolution? I've tested the site down to 640x480 and all the text displayed properly.

Also, as far as I know, there is no way to change the text of a petition once it's been published -- that's why I came up with the frame originally.

Anyone have time to call the blog talk radio about the Ad Club tonight?? :)

Subject: EMERGENCY EPISODE OF SAVE AC RADIO--TONIGHT!

If ever there was a time we needed every minute of the radio show filled, it is
tonight. After a long hiatus, we are back tonight after a short but critical fight with
our BlogTalkRadio network, who dropped the show because of an email complaint.

CALL TONIGHT! 11:30 p.m. EST (AC TIME!)
http://blogtalkradio.com/savepi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter