DIS petition to save the Adventurers Club

Oh that's awesome, thanks! Any web designers want to make us a cool starting page with info about the club??

2850 tuesday morning. I think that's great.

So how does it work? When does WDW get sent a copy of the petition? Or do people just send in emails with a link to the petition site?

I was trying to wait until it started slowing down and we got as many sigs as possible before I did anything with it. I assume people have already sent them the link but I think printing it off and sending it in would make more of an impact. Heck if people wanted to send me protest letters I would be willing to mail everything at the same time. It would be best if they were personally signed but if you have access to a scanner or fax machine that would make it easy. PM me and I'll give you my fax or address!

Val

I'm finally taking my oldest, dearest friend with me to Disney World next year, and I'd gotten her really excited about the AC. And now it's closing! This just isn't right! :sad:

I'm not going to miss most of the other stuff there, but this is unique and so very Disney! I can't believe it! :eek:

I sent this email last Friday when I found out about the closure.

"To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this email through a haze of tears after reading of the
impending closure of the clubs of Pleasure Island, and most especially, of the Adventurers' Club. While I understand that you have made this business decision that you feel benefits your company, I feel compelled to share my extreme disappointment and sadness over the loss of this WDW icon.

My husband and I currently have a trip booked to visit the WDW resort in
December of this year. We have planned our entire itinerary around being
able to spend as many nights as possible at the Adventurers' Club, even going so far as to leave parks early, arrive to parks late and have early
meals so that we could maximize our time in our favorite locale. Now,we
find that you will be closing our favorite place on property before our trip.

I feel it is only fair to let you know that we are now considering cancelling our trip. "It's only a bar" you say. "Isn't that a bit drastic?" Well, it is more than that to us. It is the embodiment of the Disney spirit in an adult-friendly format. It is somewhere that couples like us can go after a fun-filled day in the parks to be with other adults while still being immersed in Disney magic.

I'm sure that others won't make such a drastic move as to cancel their trips
after hearing this news. I fully intend to wait a couple of days to see how
I feel before doing so myself. However, should we choose to do so, my
$5,000+ vacation will end up somewhere else. I know that amount is a drop
in the bucket to you, but it constitutes a large amount of vacation dollars
that I will be sure to spend in a place that doesn't make decisions that
reinforce their bottom line without consideration to the loyalty and
feelings of their guests.

As I can only imagine how many emails your office receives on a daily basis,
I don't expect nor anticipate receiving a response from a live body. I have
just never felt more compelled to share my disappointment and sorrow with
your company over any other topic.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Mrs. XXX"

I just received this response.

"Dear Mrs. Clark,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We recognize that the closing of the Adventurer's Club will disappoint
Guests who have come to enjoy the unique entertainment that has been
offered over the years. With that in mind, please know a tremendous
amount of thought went into the decision as we bring the new vision for
Downtown Disney to life. As we look to the future, we are excited about
the evolution that will occur over the next two years, introducing a
brand new mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for our Guests'
enjoyment.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our
products and services, are very important to us. We genuinely
appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Mrs. Clark, we truly hope you and your husband will decide to visit us
in December.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney World Resort"

I'm thinking they have NO PLANS to even think about keeping it. They are too dead set on having more of their precious shops. I don't go to DTD as it is now since we don't really shop on vacation. And now they are alienating me from the one activity I did do there? And I was one of the people who actually DID drink at the AC. More than 2 drinks even. More like 4 a night.

This is my response back.

"Thank you for your response.

I realize that you feel Downtown Disney needs more shopping venues and that the revenue generated from these areas will be greater than that of the Adventurer's Club. However, my husband and I already do not visit Downtown Disney because we can shop at home. We cannot, however, participate in themed activities of the nature provided by Adventurer's Club.

My husband and I do not have children and visit WDW since it is an enjoyable destination for a mix of park time and adult venues like Pleasure Island. With the removal of one of the few adult oriented opportunities, we will be seriously re-evaluating future visits to WDW. It is false advertising for WDW to say they are an adult appropriate destination when there are little to no adult entertainment opportunities on property.

We have not made our final decision regarding cancelling our December trip. If we do decide to come, we will be leaving property at least one evening to enjoy the adult appropriate opportunities available to us at Universal's CityWalk.

Regards,
XXX"

Have they thought about the fact that they are driving people to Universal? :confused3

I added a banner to the top of the petition at http://www.SaveTheAdventurersClub.info page with links to information on writing a letter to Disney. If there are any other links that people feel should be included send me a PM.

It's not coming up for me, it says....

Error: Not Found
The requested URL /ac/..%5Cac%5Cacbanner.html was not found on this server.

Also, someone contacted me and we're working together on a web page. Here it is right now, eventually I'll host it on my site and maybe we can forward the domain there?? Don't change it yet though he'll kill me lol!

http://web.mac.com/russes/Site/Home.html

1) Nice numbers.
2) But, are people also pledging to drink more heavily?
3) 1-2 drinks per night is not enough to save it.
4) WDW needs revenue per square foot.
5) If we commit to lots of drinking, then we have a chance.
6) Bars make money by selling drinks.
7) If they don't sell lots of drinks, then put in a store or restaurant.

NOTE: Business is business. If YOU owned a bar, could you make money on a people who drank 1-3 drinks per night? You need volume to make a profit. If you can't make a profit, why did you open the bar?

Also, someone contacted me and we're working together on a web page. Here it is right now, eventually I'll host it on my site and maybe we can forward the domain there?? Don't change it yet though he'll kill me lol!

That error seems to actually be a problem with Firefox as it appeared okay in Internet Explorer. It should be fixed now -- if you're still getting that error send me a PM.

Also, I can provide a link to that site from the banner without doing a redirect, if that is okay with him.

NOTE: Business is business. If YOU owned a bar, could you make money on a people who drank 1-3 drinks per night? You need volume to make a profit. If you can't make a profit, why did you open the bar?

You can make a profit when you're charging a $20 cover. You can also make a profit if the appeal of your bar drives enough crowds to the area to allow you to charge higher rent to nearby businesses.

Marie, Thanks so much for this website! How wonderful! We have signed, and I have forwarded it to all I know. They have all signed as well. I got a reply from DIS guest communications today...I think we can kiss the club goodbye whether we like it or not, but I am still going to try. We need to get Iger and Crofton there. Iger needs to do the long thong dance! Maybe that'll change his mind! :banana:

I sent this email last Friday when I found out about the closure.

"To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this email through a haze of tears after reading of the
impending closure of the clubs of Pleasure Island, and most especially, of the Adventurers' Club. While I understand that you have made this business decision that you feel benefits your company, I feel compelled to share my extreme disappointment and sadness over the loss of this WDW icon.

My husband and I currently have a trip booked to visit the WDW resort in
December of this year. We have planned our entire itinerary around being
able to spend as many nights as possible at the Adventurers' Club, even going so far as to leave parks early, arrive to parks late and have early
meals so that we could maximize our time in our favorite locale. Now,we
find that you will be closing our favorite place on property before our trip.

I feel it is only fair to let you know that we are now considering cancelling our trip. "It's only a bar" you say. "Isn't that a bit drastic?" Well, it is more than that to us. It is the embodiment of the Disney spirit in an adult-friendly format. It is somewhere that couples like us can go after a fun-filled day in the parks to be with other adults while still being immersed in Disney magic.

I'm sure that others won't make such a drastic move as to cancel their trips
after hearing this news. I fully intend to wait a couple of days to see how
I feel before doing so myself. However, should we choose to do so, my
$5,000+ vacation will end up somewhere else. I know that amount is a drop
in the bucket to you, but it constitutes a large amount of vacation dollars
that I will be sure to spend in a place that doesn't make decisions that
reinforce their bottom line without consideration to the loyalty and
feelings of their guests.

As I can only imagine how many emails your office receives on a daily basis,
I don't expect nor anticipate receiving a response from a live body. I have
just never felt more compelled to share my disappointment and sorrow with
your company over any other topic.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Mrs. XXX"

I just received this response.

"Dear Mrs. Clark,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We recognize that the closing of the Adventurer's Club will disappoint
Guests who have come to enjoy the unique entertainment that has been
offered over the years. With that in mind, please know a tremendous
amount of thought went into the decision as we bring the new vision for
Downtown Disney to life. As we look to the future, we are excited about
the evolution that will occur over the next two years, introducing a
brand new mix of shopping, dining and other experiences for our Guests'
enjoyment.

Our Guests' feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our
products and services, are very important to us. We genuinely
appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us.

Mrs. Clark, we truly hope you and your husband will decide to visit us
in December.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney World Resort"

I'm thinking they have NO PLANS to even think about keeping it. They are too dead set on having more of their precious shops. I don't go to DTD as it is now since we don't really shop on vacation. And now they are alienating me from the one activity I did do there? And I was one of the people who actually DID drink at the AC. More than 2 drinks even. More like 4 a night.

This is my response back.

"Thank you for your response.

I realize that you feel Downtown Disney needs more shopping venues and that the revenue generated from these areas will be greater than that of the Adventurer's Club. However, my husband and I already do not visit Downtown Disney because we can shop at home. We cannot, however, participate in themed activities of the nature provided by Adventurer's Club.

My husband and I do not have children and visit WDW since it is an enjoyable destination for a mix of park time and adult venues like Pleasure Island. With the removal of one of the few adult oriented opportunities, we will be seriously re-evaluating future visits to WDW. It is false advertising for WDW to say they are an adult appropriate destination when there are little to no adult entertainment opportunities on property.

We have not made our final decision regarding cancelling our December trip. If we do decide to come, we will be leaving property at least one evening to enjoy the adult appropriate opportunities available to us at Universal's CityWalk.

Regards,
XXX"

Have they thought about the fact that they are driving people to Universal? :confused3

Got the same "cookie cutter" response this morning. As far as I know, there isn't a "Save Mannequins," or "Save BET" website...that should tell them something.

1) Nice numbers.
2) But, are people also pledging to drink more heavily?
3) 1-2 drinks per night is not enough to save it.
4) WDW needs revenue per square foot.
5) If we commit to lots of drinking, then we have a chance.
6) Bars make money by selling drinks.
7) If they don't sell lots of drinks, then put in a store or restaurant.

Holy crap. I'm going this weekend and there's no way I am going to have 4 to 6 drinks in there. They'd have to carry me out or let me pass out in the treasure room or something. If I'm passed out I won't even drink 4 Diet Cokes after reaching my limit.

Got the same "cookie cutter" response this morning. As far as I know, there isn't a "Save Mannequins," or "Save BET" website...that should tell them something.

I think this is a great point and should be an important piece. This is what I think should set AC apart from the rest of the things they are getting rid of. I understand a new "vision", but I would think with this outpouring of responses that Disney would at least think of moving it and not trashing it.

You can make a profit when you're charging a $20 cover. You can also make a profit if the appeal of your bar drives enough crowds to the area to allow you to charge higher rent to nearby businesses.

I would totally pay a $10-20 cover to enter, no problems. And we're not asking them to ditch their precious shops. Just MOVE the club to a different local to keep it open. They have plenty of space!!! :laughing:

I think this is a great point and should be an important piece. This is what I think should set AC apart from the rest of the things they are getting rid of. I understand a new "vision", but I would think with this outpouring of responses that Disney would at least think of moving it and not trashing it.

Agreed! That is why I am not supporting the "Save Pleasure Island" movements. I don't really want to save all of PI, and that movement is TRULY futile lol. We can't save Pleasure Island as is, it's going to close. But I really think we have a slim slim chance of getting AC moved, even if it's in the future.

Thanks to a lot of time, effort, and money from fellow DIS'ers (thanks Zan and Jim!), and Flickrers (Thanks Russers!) we now have a fancy new home page AND a bunch of domains! Everyone please post one of them on your favorite blog, forum, etc to get the word out!

HTTP://WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.INFO (the only one fully working at this exact moment, working on the rest!)
WWW.ADVENTURERSCLUB.NAME
WWW.ADVENTURERSCLUB.US
WWW.KUNGALOOSH.INFO
WWW.KUNGALOOSH.ORG
WWW.KUNGALOOSH.US
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.COM
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.MOBI
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.NET
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.ORG
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.US
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.WS

Thanks to a lot of time, effort, and money from fellow DIS'ers (thanks Zan and Jim!), and Flickrers (Thanks Russers!) we now have a fancy new home page AND a bunch of domains! Everyone please post one of them on your favorite blog, forum, etc to get the word out!

HTTP://WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.INFO (the only one fully working at this exact moment, working on the rest!)
WWW.ADVENTURERSCLUB.NAME
WWW.ADVENTURERSCLUB.US
WWW.KUNGALOOSH.INFO
WWW.KUNGALOOSH.ORG
WWW.KUNGALOOSH.US
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.COM
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.MOBI
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.NET
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.ORG
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.US
WWW.SAVETHEADVENTURERSCLUB.WS

We also have 3400 signatures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter