DIS petition to save the Adventurers Club

What I have heard is that these were the only two clubs that made any profit whatsoever.

That's probably relative, as WDW is no doubt correct if it believes that shopping and restaurants will bring in much more money.

I can't bring myself to say "don't express your appreciation for these venues to WDW, because what's the point of doing that?" so I won't discourage anyone from doing so.

Perhaps it could be relocated--it could fit in really well in Animal Kingdom, and might get more patronage also. DTD, though I like it, IS out of the way and def. not the main focus of my trip...as I'm sure many others would say also.

Actually, it would fit well in D-HS, between Indy and Star Tours. Perhaps it could be alternatively themed; one day themed a la Indiana Jones, and one day themed as the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Sorry to say this, but I doubt a petition will have any impact at this point. I walk through PI on a regular basis in the evening. AC is usually dead. It tends to pick up a little on weekends, but not what I'd call a big crowd. Once Disney makes a decision and announces it, it rarely changes its plans. But, good luck!

I think it's obvious that an online petition has very little chance of succeeding. Is that a reason not to do it? Of course not. In its own statement, WDW said that their decision is based on guest feedback who desire more broad based entertainment options. If that is true, then I'd have to imagine they would at least read a petition, to gather guest feedback.

I think it's obvious that an online petition has very little chance of succeeding. Is that a reason not to do it? Of course not. In its own statement, WDW said that their decision is based on guest feedback who desire more broad based entertainment options. If that is true, then I'd have to imagine they would at least read a petition, to gather guest feedback.

Just look at Figment.

Actually, it would fit well in D-HS, between Indy and Star Tours. Perhaps it could be alternatively themed; one day themed a la Indiana Jones, and one day themed as the Mos Eisley Cantina.

I've never been to WDW, or even their DTD, but *how cool* would that be, to have a nightclub themed like that?

Actually not a nightclub, but an all day place where the kids could be there during the day, and at night it could change (that's allowed under WA laws, not sure about FL laws) to adults only. As long as light sabers and blasters are checked at the door, I'd love that. :goodvibes

No offense, but e-petitions carry little to no weight with anyone.

Companies generally rank complaints in this order of importance.

1) face to face meetings (Particularly if it is a public place where other customers/clients may observe)

2) Hand Written letters. (The logic is that if you took the time to write a letter by hand or print it off the PC, buy a stamp, mail it, etc. It must be important to you.)

3) Formal Petitions. (I put this after hand-written letters because the weight varies. A) a formal petition with signatures, verifiable by including addresses and or phone numbers will at least make them take notice if nothing else. B) Petition with a bunch of unverifiable signatures will be placed in the trash.)

4) Phone calls. People often call in "the heat of the moment" to complain. If the took the time to sit down and write it out they may realise that it's not that big of a deal, they could have been in the wrong, etc. This combined with the slight anonymity of the phone makes people sometime act more aggressivly thatn they would in person so complaints are taken with a grain of salt.

5) e-mail: Instant, like the phone e-mails are frequently written in "the heat of the moment" with no thought and sent. The near complete anonymity of the internet makes these types of complaints nearly worthless. I say "nearly" because occasionally there is a rational complaint in them but they a few and far between and sometime get lost in the shuffle of nonsense.

6) e-petitions: combine the cons of e-mail and a non-verifiable petition and this is what you get. Most only require an e-mail address as verification. You can make a new e-mail address in a heart beat with google, Yahoo, etc. I personally have 5 different e-mails for various reasons, so I could sign a petition 5 times. I could make up names for several more a sign again and again.

Now on this one, they actually require a name and address so it would carry a little more weight but how hard is it to pick out a name and address from a phone book and type it in. It's too easy. Yes, they actually think about that, if you went the hard route with hitting the streets collecting, it shows that you are far more serious about it. People at their houses or walking down the street that take the time to listen and interrupt what they were doing to fill out the petition will also be taken more seriously. On the internet to easy to just "click and forget".

Translation: e-petition = Unlikely that any company will pay any attention to it at all.

Sorry. I'm not trying to start anything, just pointing out the reality.

I'm going to guess that most people already know that. I'm pretty sure people understand that the odds are fairly astronomical. But considering this is an online community with members around the globe, it's not really practical to pass around a formal hand written petition or arrange for a formal meeting with one person. And what if by some miracle 10,000 people signed the online petition (not likely but there are 100k DIS members). My opinion is that 10k online signatures are more impactful than 50 phone calls.

Well, I've just signed it and I'm glad to have signed it - currently 228 people have done so.

I wasn't saying that it shouldn't be done. Go for it! I was just stating that Disney's decisions are usual final. There have been a lot of things that some guests have hated to see go and have registered there displeasure. For the most part, it has made no difference. And, while Disney's press release said that the change is due to guest feedback, I'd be willing to bet it has a lot more to do with revenue. PI has been a losing venture for some time. They can make a lot more money with restaurants and shops. Money is the driving force behind most Disney decisions, as is true with most corporations.

I'm so sad that we never made it to AC...it would be a nice addition to either DHS or AK. I always thought that it was such a unique concept. :(

If I lived nearby of course I would patron it more, but unfortunately I live in Texas lol. However I don't think an online petition could hurt anything. Figment came back, and the old Country Bears show did. Maybe they could just move the club if nothing else. Or if they feel it's outdated then update it. Or both lol. It's just so unique and such a part of the whole experience, I can't believe they would close it for good :(

I used to live in Orlando, and I just visited PI for the 1st time in about 10 years. It was a ghost town compared to what it used to be. PI opened in the 80s when there was nothing in downtown Orlando except Church Street Station. Locals flocked to PI and CSS went out of business. Now downtown Orlando has a thriving club scene, so locals leave PI to the tourists, and the families staying at Disney are not usually club hoppers. It's sad to see it go, but when I was there a few weeks ago, I could tell the end was near.

On the other hand, I went to Adventurers Club for the 1st time and loved it! Lived in Orlando 10 years, even had a PI annual pass one year, and had never been there. I'm disappointed because I'm going with a friend in Oct and I wanted him to see it. Hopefully I can get him there before they close.

I found an interesting article by Jim Hill from 4 months ago talking about the rumored new "Disney's Night Kingdom." In it he says one would enter DNK through a new, supersized version of the Adventurers Club that is now on Pleasure Island. So maybe all hope is not lost?? Just a rumor of course, but I need something to grasp onto here lol! Now my only wonder is, would the club only be available to those going to DNK or would it also be open to the public? Guess we'll have to wait till 2011! :laughing: For once I reeallly hope a rumor is true lol.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_h...e-the-disney-theme-park-going-experience.aspx

My opinion is that 10k online signatures are more impactful than 50 phone calls.

And, no offense, you are wrong. 50 phone calls would be far more powerful and 50 hand written letters even more so..

E-petitions mean nothing..

I'm not trying to dash anyone's hopes here or burst anyone's bubble, but I just want everyone to be aware that it is highly unlikely that any e-mails, hand-written letters, contacts to Disney Guest Services, phone calls, or online petitions will change Disney's mind on this one. If you do get a response it will be something along the lines of "Thank you for your feedback, we understand you love the clubs but we are now taking DTD in a different direction that we are sure you will love. Please visit our other shops, theme parks, restaurants, etc. in the meantime." I saw something very similar happen with the closing of Disney's online game VMK. Some very, very heartfelt letters and phone calls were made but it really didn't help at all. They understood that we were upset about it but they didn't change their minds, and they will likely take the same stance with this issue. Disney knows that with every change they make, there will be a bunch of people unhappy about it, so they are prepared to deal with the letters, phone calls, etc. with automated and canned responses. They are a business, a huge corporation and they really only care about making as much money as possible. I'm not saying that you should stop with the petitions and letters and things, but just don't get your hopes up thinking you can "save" your favorite DTD club.

I've never been to AC, but since it means so much to so many people on here, and the DIS boards have the GREATEST people on them, I signed it. Anything to help fellow DISer's!!!

Good luck guys!!!

That's pretty good. Almost 500 signatures in less than a day and most people on the DIS probably haven't even seen it yet or even know the AC is closing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter