Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a $50 disney GC with a $50 target gc in SE PA with no issues. I went through self checkout.
Wow that's awesome. I guess here in SA, Tx, they are really cracking down on it. They even have signs posted by the register saying you cannot buy third party gc with Target gc.

I was just able to place a second order, I placed my first on Friday. At first it came up right away that it was denied and before I had a chance to do anything AMEX called me telling me it detected fraud and I told them I was trying to make a purchase. They told me it would be all set and to try again. I tried again and it worked. I used a different CC, my same address, but did not use my BB rewards.

That's actually what happened to us, and we answered the Amex call, told them it was a legit purchase, put the order through again and it did process as expected. But then we got the email about a half hour later saying they (Cash Star) couldn't process the order. Not sure why they refuse to take our money the second time - the only thing linking us besides our last name is the billing address. At this point I give up, I've tried three times now with different cards and they just keep canceling the orders on us after they go originally process through. I want the banks tied to my credit cards to accept these types of orders in the future as I have a lot more gift card purchases to make to pay off our upcoming trip in December...

Right now I'm waiting to see if my $100 gift card purchase from BJ's via Mr Rebates will actually process the 3% rebate. Right now it's showing an order total of $0 vs. the $94.99 actual. If that ends up actually working, then I can use that as my fall back combined with the BJ's 5% discount and my 1.5% cash back credit card.

Wow that's awesome. I guess here in SA, Tx, they are really cracking down on it. They even have signs posted by the register saying you cannot buy third party gc with Target gc.

That stinks. No signs for me. Why is there inconsistency? I would contact a district manager.

Got denied for the first time at BB for GC>GC for the $150/$15 offer. :rolleyes2 I've been churning for the past 3 years at this location and this is the first issue I have ever had! I guess it goes to show that no matter how lenient your specific location seems to be, it's always YMMV.

Just hopped over to another location and had no problems. The cashier even asked if I was going to DL or WDW. She was even like "Have a beer for me at World Showcase!" haha.
That's what I'm afraid of & why I didn't hop on the last BB churn. My last BB-DIS purchase I had a young manager type check me out who had unfortunately checked me out a day or two before and he started asking all sorts of q's- like where did I get all these GCs? (On discount at the grocery store down the street but like I'm gonna go into that?). I'm too nervous the extremely attentive to his job young manager will put a stop to the churning at that location (the DIS cards were running low on stock- I wasn't the only one in the area doing that...) to try the current deal as I have zero need for BB GC I just can't risk it. (My 2nd closest BB is 1.5hrs roundtrip... and I try to stick to my "If I can't spend it on something besides Disney GCs I don't buy the gift card" rule & BB is a clear violation for me. Yes, I may want some of those gadget-techie things sold at BB but I don't NEED them right now ;)

Haven't seen it posted yet. Meijer is running another mperk promo on gift cards. It's supposed to be a $5 mperk for every $75 spent. It's available until 9/2. Not the best offer, but it's something.

Haven't seen it posted yet. Meijer is running another mperk promo on gift cards. It's supposed to be a $5 mperk for every $75 spent. It's available until 9/2. Not the best offer, but it's something.
If you want to turn a card from Meijer into a Disney card, the Meijer's by me sell Target gift cards. You could buy $150 in Target gift cards, get $10 back and turn the Target card into Disney gift cards.

I have a strict policy that I will not pay for gift cards. I use Swagbucks or other methods to earn free ones so I'm not really in the market for gift card discounts.

If you want to turn a card from Meijer into a Disney card, the Meijer's by me sell Target gift cards. You could buy $150 in Target gift cards, get $10 back and turn the Target card into Disney gift cards.

I have a strict policy that I will not pay for gift cards. I use Swagbucks or other methods to earn free ones so I'm not really in the market for gift card discounts.
The Meijer stores in my area have variable load Disney cards. No need for the extra trip to Target.

But corporate policy IS no gift card to gift card purchases in this case...

Actually it's not their policy. This is from their website.

Target GiftCards can be used to purchase the following:
  • Target GiftCards in store.
  • Specialty gift cards in store, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as iTunes, Xbox and Olive Garden.

Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa and Mastercard gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as iTunes, Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com.

Actually it's not their policy. This is from their website.

Target GiftCards can be used to purchase the following:
  • Target GiftCards in store.
  • Specialty gift cards in store, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as iTunes, Xbox and Olive Garden.

Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa and Mastercard gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as iTunes, Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com.
Huh. Been awhile, I thought they'd said something on the back of the gift cards excluding gift card purchases. Can you post us the link? This way if anyone has issues at Target they can show corporate policy straight from website that we're allowed to!

Hi all! I got an email today from Best Buy that says I will be 10% back in rewards and an entire in store purchase when you use the best buy card. Will it work with Disney Gift cards? In the fine print at the bottom it says nothing about not buying gift cards, but it says other exclusions can apply. I don't want to buy them and then not get the rewards. Anyone know if it will work? Thanks so much :)

Huh. Been awhile, I thought they'd said something on the back of the gift cards excluding gift card purchases. Can you post us the link? This way if anyone has issues at Target they can show corporate policy straight from website that we're allowed to!

That won't do you any good.....it's also Target's corporate policy that the local store can make it's own store policy if the store manager sees the need based on certain risks. This has been cited multiple times for the variation in the regional "purchasing a gift card with a gift card policy" that we hear about. I'm sure the manager consults somebody at corporate before enacting a local policy, but either way, they have the leeway to do so if needed. FWIW, this happened at my local store for a point in time before being relaxed. I was told this same information from customer service, however, she did put the order through for me over the phone. This was prior to online GC to GC transactions being banned.

I bought a $100 Disney gift card at Target last week with 5 $5 Target gift cards earned by promotions. (Yes, I now have tons of body wash and deodorant but we will use it). My store is in Augusta Maine and there were plenty of $100 cards bear the greeting cards and household.

• Buy $150 Best Buy e-gift card and get a free $15 Best Buy promotional code.
  • Valid 8/13/17-8/26/17 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 9/5/17 for use toward a future purchase made from 9/5/17-9/18/17.
With everything going on in my life I totally forgot the date we should be getting our $15 email from Best Buy! Should be easy to remember now, that's when my son goes back to school! :cool1::banana:

Obviously Momma needs a break! :rotfl:

How often does the cash star BB deal happen? I'm debating whether to get one more today or wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter