Disney Magic Kingdoms

Overnight...no Pooh ears, no red Mickey Fabric.:badpc:
OK, I think it's seriously time to pull the trigger on the Windows game and keep moving with IOS. Sounds like you're at the same point on both, minus Pooh. No need to keep them both going any longer, right? Or am I missing something critical. The ulcer simply isn't worth it.

Last edited:
I got my 14th ear hat when I woke up today. I hope to get the last one in 90 minutes but if not I have like 9 more hours of work and can try twice more before bed.

Finally welcomed Pooh!
I got 2 hats when I only needed 1 and I looked and sure enough it showed 16/15 before I welcomed him, but now... ear hats = 0/1 :(

Finally got Sorcerer Mickey's costume today! Even though it doesn't do anything I just wanted to get this one - not sure why. I'm really lagging behind everyone in the EC count - still under 40K and I'm even leveling up my characters at this point. I guess I'm not playing enough. :rolleyes:

Well somehow I'm in 159th for this event even though I've been in the top 60 up until recently. I have 288 compared to the seemingly impossible 745 of the leader despite me having almost every character that drops trophies collecting them and logging on every hour or two. Oh well I'm up to almost 60k in EC but that darn Pooh hat didn't drop so the wait continues...

OK, I think it's seriously time to pull the trigger on the Windows game and keep moving with IOS. Sounds like you're at the same point on both, minus Pooh. No need to keep them both going any longer, right? Or am I missing something critical. The ulcer simply isn't worth it.

The Windows game is the only one I've spent "real money" on (due to event + vacation timing). So I can't give up. I did get 2 hats today, so I'm down to needing 1 hat now.

Plus, Disney eventually pulls the plug on things to start something new. Now, that DMK has had it's 2nd anniversary, I'm not sure how much it will last. VMK closed the month of its 3rd anniversary. So there shouldn't be that much more of this.

Well somehow I'm in 159th for this event even though I've been in the top 60 up until recently. I have 288 compared to the seemingly impossible 745 of the leader despite me having almost every character that drops trophies collecting them and logging on every hour or two. Oh well I'm up to almost 60k in EC but that darn Pooh hat didn't drop so the wait continues...

I'm 14th with 547 - I have all characters and attractions and definitely don't wake up to collect, so 745 doesn't seem impossible if you're willing to lose sleep over it (which I'm not). The leader on my board has 856, and number 5 has 668. I'm happy as long as I'm in the top 50.

I'm 14th with 547 - I have all characters and attractions and definitely don't wake up to collect, so 745 doesn't seem impossible if you're willing to lose sleep over it (which I'm not). The leader on my board has 856, and number 5 has 668. I'm happy as long as I'm in the top 50.

I feel like I lost a ton of trophies somehow. I was in 58th or something but don't remember how many I had and then a couple hours later I was in 159th place. My internet has sucked all night at work so maybe some vanished. Who knows? At least it's basically just for EC and I'm doing pretty well there without the bonus.

ETA
And just like that I'm back in 78th so maybe it was a glitch. And in just under 20 minutes I'll find out if I finally got my last ear hat as I'm 0/6 overnight.

I'm in 6th place on my leaderboard with 396 and 5th place has 543. The interesting thing is that when I went to bed eight hours ago, the 5th place person was only 8 trophies ahead of me. So it appears that she had her alarm set to wake up throughout the night to ensure that she finished in the top 5. That's fine with me since the difference between 5th and 6th place is an extra 1000 EC which, in the end, translates to half a gem. I'd rather get a good night's sleep.

I'm in 6th place on my leaderboard with 396 and 5th place has 543. The interesting thing is that when I went to bed eight hours ago, the 5th place person was only 8 trophies ahead of me. So it appears that she had her alarm set to wake up throughout the night to ensure that she finished in the top 5. That's fine with me since the difference between 5th and 6th place is an extra 1000 EC which, in the end, translates to half a gem. I'd rather get a good night's sleep.
Some idiots really get quite obsessive, don't they?

The Windows game is the only one I've spent "real money" on (due to event + vacation timing). So I can't give up. I did get 2 hats today, so I'm down to needing 1 hat now.

Plus, Disney eventually pulls the plug on things to start something new. Now, that DMK has had it's 2nd anniversary, I'm not sure how much it will last. VMK closed the month of its 3rd anniversary. So there shouldn't be that much more of this.

So if it's a money issue, keep THAT one and pull the plug on the IOS. Either way, it sounds like it's a bit of a hassle keeping two games going unnecessarily. But, as long as you are enjoying it...

I've always wonder how soon before this game has run its course over at Gameloft. I never played VMK, and have no idea whether or not there were in-app purchases. I also have no idea how the game was played, and if the game itself went as far as it could possibly go before the developers had no viable way of expanding. At least with this one, they are releasing new land so slowly that they could easily stretch the life of it out for a few more years. One film and one to two patches of land every few months, along with a fresh crop of interns every semester, and hopefully we're safe.

I think rather than straight pulling the plug, they will actually write an ending (aka defeating Maleficent and the curse). Then ideally they could keep the game up, stop the events and weave the past ones into the main story line, and it would be self sufficient to new players, players who complete would just stop playing, and it fades off into the distant future...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter