Disney Wall Art Swap--Interest Thread

If we did the four parks, the words could be "four" "parks" "one" "world" but those would only work if everyone did all four parks. :lmao:

I bought 3 packs of canvases. At $2.55 for 2, I couldn't pass them up. (Decided to go tonight instead of tomorrow, but I think I'll be back tomorrow, all the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy stuff is on clearance!).

I'm in for whatever. I love the character ideas, that could be a group. Then I guess each park on its own? That's five groups of 12 sets of 2 (24 x 5 = 120 heads), which is doable in chunks of 12, you know? I'm sure we could come up with 25-30 "icons" for each park, between the group of us!

Got my canvases, $2.55 a pack. I was going to get 3 but I have to buy gas, so I decided 2 packs was good.

I like the 4 parks, one world phrase Jennifer!

I'm in for 5 canvases if everyone else is.
I think it will go fast.

I got the 2 pack canvas deal as well. Bought 2 because that was all my store had. Thanks again for the coupon for the extra 20% off at Michaels.

Personally I LOVE the idea of "four" "parks" "one" "world". That is genius!

I would also like to do a character board. So I'm in for 5.

Now, we need to figure out the individual parks boards--same color scheme? I'm thinking for Animal Kingdom we can add in more browns where the violet would be.

Would it be okay with you all to extend the due date a bit more? I know I could use it. What about end of Nov. instead of October? Later?

Just checking in to try & keep up .....:rotfl:

So, now the plan is 5 boards to start? Sounds like a plan ..... I'll definitely need to stay focused ...... but extending the deadline to end of Nov. would work for me! :thumbsup2

It also sounds like I need to go hit Michael's tomorrow to grab the canvas deal ...... I'll see what I can do! :flower3:

DH came home with a new cartridge for me tonight :lovestruc It was such a nice surprise!!! :cool1:

Just throwing out ideas here

MK colors:
Adventureland - Green and Brown
Main St - Pale yellow and Blue or mint green
Tomorrowland - Silver and darker blue
Frontierland - Terra Cotta
Fantasyland - blue and gray
Liberty Square - red white and blue
Toontown/Casey Jr - red, yellow, blue

Epcot:
Future World
World Showcase -

AK:
Dinoland - Red, yellow, teal, bright blue
Asia - red, gold
Africa - terra cotta, green, brown, goldish yellow
Discovery Island - green, brown
Camp Minnie Mickey - safari patterns, green, brown
Rafiki's planet watch -

DHS:
Hollywood Blvd - black, red, white, silver
Streets of America
Sunset Blvd

MK colors:

Epcot:
Future WorldSilver for the main area as a whole but each pavillion kind of has its own color
World Showcase - Again here it depends on the pavilions but the overall colors are deep pink, blues, and green

AK:
Asia - red, gold
Rafiki's planet watch - I would say green, brown, and steel blue

DHS:
Streets of America
Sunset Blvd pink (ToT), purple (villan shop), red (RnR)
Also in HS:
Animation Courtyard
Echo Lake (Blue green, brown, silver)
Pixar Place (Red, yellow, blue- primary shades)

A few ideas-

Rebecca

A thought about numbers- if everyone wants to do all 4 and we have more than 12 then we could have 16 with everyone doing 2 items on 2 boards and 1 items on the other 2 for a total of 6 items over the 4 boards.

Since it is a total of 96 for the 4 boards in the parks category yopu could break it up with:
8 people each doing 12 spots overall
12 people each doing a total of 8 spots
16 people each a total of 6 spots
24 people each doing a total of 4 spots

Rebecca

What about Soarin', Test Track, Living with the Land, Nemo, Mission Space, etc., in Epcot. Would we focus on World Showcase instead of including them?

Good job with the math, Rebecca! :teacher:

A thought about numbers- if everyone wants to do all 4 and we have more than 12 then we could have 16 with everyone doing 2 items on 2 boards and 1 items on the other 2 for a total of 6 items over the 4 boards.

Since it is a total of 96 for the 4 boards in the parks category yopu could break it up with:
8 people each doing 12 spots overall
12 people each doing a total of 8 spots
16 people each a total of 6 spots
24 people each doing a total of 4 spots

Rebecca

I am not a math person at all. We decided to have 5 boards total going in this swap. Each of the 4 parks gets a board, then 1 character themed board. How does your math work if everyone wanted to do all 5? Math makes me:crazy2::scared::sad:

MK colors:

Epcot:
Future World
Universe of Energy
The seas- blues and oranges
The land-greens and brown
Soarin- reds, blue yellow
Imagination-purples, reds, orange
Test Track-silver black, yellow
Mission space black silver red
Space Ship Earth black and siver
Fountain of nations- blues
Innoventions

World Showcase -
Mexico
Norway
China
Outpost
Germany
Italy
American Adventure
Japan
Morocco
France
United Kingdom
Canada

Illuminations, black silver gold

AK:
Asia - red, gold
Rafiki's planet watch -

DHS:
Streets of America
Sunset Blvd

just an idea for Epcot, I need to think on the rest.

I am not a math person at all. We decided to have 5 boards total going in this swap. Each of the 4 parks gets a board, then 1 character themed board. How does your math work if everyone wanted to do all 5? Math makes me:crazy2::scared::sad:

Oh no!! Not more math!! I think we learned a few weeks ago in the Great Math Debacle that this board doesn't do math well! :lmao: But, if we have 120 spots, this could be the breakdown:

8 swappers -- 15 pieces
12 swappers -- 10 pieces
15 swappers -- 8 pieces
24 swappers -- 5 pieces

If there are 15 swappers, everyone could do one piece on each board and then do an additional piece from 3 of the 5 boards. That's assuming that everyone is doing all 5 boards. If not, things could really get messy!!

Someone please check my math. I don't think the caffeine has kicked in this morning.

What about Soarin', Test Track, Living with the Land, Nemo, Mission Space, etc., in Epcot. Would we focus on World Showcase instead of including them?

Good job with the math, Rebecca! :teacher:

I'd like to see these rides/attractions on the board personally. Here's me messing around trying to figure out if we could do these by color ROY G BIV style like we are doing with the character board.
Test Track: yellow,black, silver
Living with the Land: could be an orange Mickey head pumpkin
Nemo: orange or blue
Soarin: Blue sky, red bridge, green landscape?
Mission Space: silver, black stars, ??? (I only rode this 1 x and hated it)

Epcot possible colors: K=black, S=Silver, V=Violet, @=word

K R O Y G
R O Y G B
O Y G B S
Y G B S V
G B S V @

1 K (black) could be Mission Space
2 R (red) could be a world showcase flag, UK phone booth,
3 O (orange) could be Nemo, Living with Land pumkin head, Morroco arches or Mexico pyramid, Phineas & Ferb
4 Y (yellow) could be Test Track, Germany flag, 3 cabelleros (sp?), Illuminations fire
5 G (green) could be Ellen's dinosaurs, shaped topiary, Italy flag, Mexico flag, Turtle Talk w/ Crush
4 B (blue) could be Soarin, Living Seas, Coral Reef Restaraunt, Maelstrom, fountain, or USA
3 S (silver) could be Spaceship Earth, segway central, eiffel tower, Innoventions
2 V (violet) we could do Figment. What else? Epcot Caracter Spot??

Not sure about having some, but not all, of the W. S. flags--don't think I like this.:confused3 Any ideas are welcome...I know I'm missing a lot.

I'd like to see these rides/attractions on the board personally. Here's me messing around trying to figure out if we could do these by color ROY G BIV style like we are doing with the character board.
Test Track: yellow,black, silver
Living with the Land: could be an orange Mickey head pumpkin
Nemo: orange or blue
Soarin: Blue sky, red bridge, green landscape?
Mission Space: silver, black stars, ??? (I only rode this 1 x and hated it)

Epcot possible colors: K=black, S=Silver, V=Violet, @=word

K R O Y G
R O Y G B
O Y G B S
Y G B S V
G B S V @

1 K (black) could be Mission Space
2 R (red) could be a world showcase flag, UK phone booth,
3 O (orange) could be Nemo, Living with Land pumkin head, Morroco arches or Mexico pyramid, Phineas & Ferb
4 Y (yellow) could be Test Track, Germany flag, 3 cabelleros (sp?), Illuminations fire
5 G (green) could be Ellen's dinosaurs, shaped topiary, Italy flag, Mexico flag, Turtle Talk w/ Crush
4 B (blue) could be Soarin, Living Seas, Coral Reef Restaraunt, Maelstrom, fountain, or USA
3 S (silver) could be Spaceship Earth, segway central, eiffel tower, Innoventions
2 V (violet) we could do Figment. What else? Epcot Caracter Spot??

Not sure about having some, but not all, of the W. S. flags--don't think I like this.:confused3 Any ideas are welcome...I know I'm missing a lot.

I agree. Those rides should be included. The colors of the WS flags maybe to similar to work. Could we exclude the flags and find something else to represent each country?

After a little playing around, I think the WS flags could work. How about the following:

1 Black -- Mission Space
2 Red -- Canada, Japan
3 Oragne -- Nemo, Living with the Land, Phineas & Ferb
4 Yellow -- Germany, Italy, China, Test Track
5 Green -- Mexico, Morocco, Soarin, topiary, Turtle Talk
4 Blue -- US, UK, France, Norway
3 Silver -- Spaceship Earth, Segway, Innoventions
2 Violet -- Figment, ??

I would rather have everything be made with colors that actually fit the areas/rides/ect color schemes than forcing them into a rainbow color scheme. AK should definitely have a lot of brown and greens where other colors dominate other parks- no the canvas will not all match each other but they would be a good representation on the actual parks they are representing.

Rebecca

After reading the whole thread, M2MRB wants to remind you that math is not our strong point??? I'm in for all the boards, M2MRB wants all 5 boards too!
When are sign ups?

S :)

I think there is enough at AK to fit the rainbow theme without having to force it. Maybe brown can take the place of the black in that one and have softer colors than the primaries we could use in the others? For instance, I love love love love love (really), blue and brown, pink and brown, etc. BUT, not BRIGHT colors with the browns, more like soft colors. Oh, and instead of using white for accents we could use a cream color?

Oh, and Sheila, your math is correct (at least the edited one ;) ).

I agree with Jennifer, We could do the rainbow theme with AK colors. Rusty reds and oranges, olive green, forest green, deeper blues, grey, black, brown, darker purples. Some of the bolder blues, greens, yellows, and reds could be used for dinoland.

MGM/DHS could be bolder primary colors like for Toy story and muppets.

I think they will have individuality while being cohesive.

Do not ask me to do math though!!! I'm out of rum! LOL

MT, we don't have a start date yet because the swap has grown by leaps and bounds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter