• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

The real question is: will they keep Rogers: The Musical running until January?? 😄😄 I’m trying not to get my hopes up
Yeah I'm going to get to see it in summer sometime since I'll be out west. But I'm really hoping we hear something about an extension

The real question is: will they keep Rogers: The Musical running until January?? 😄😄 I’m trying not to get my hopes up
I'm already planning on making a quick trip for the musical over the summer if they announce an end date prior to the race weekend.

If they have the 100 years event go for a whole calendar year, then it should last through the race weekend. The fireworks and WoC show should still be the 100 years shows regardless.

I really only want the 10k logo pin, but I'm not planning on arriving until Friday. Should I just bite the bullet and buy the package? I normally don't resell Disney merch, but how easy is it to resell the medal replica pin at face value? I never liked the medal replica pins, and opted to buy the race car magnets when they only had replica pins left for my last runDisney race.

how easy is it to resell the medal replica pin at face value?
Traditionally at DW at least, the medal replica pins are very popular and often sell on eBay for more than face value, occasionally a lot more than face value. No guarantees for this race....

Disneyland Race Weekend Crew.....I need some accountability.....I am going to run outside tomorrow for 30+ minutes. I've been using the treadmill at the gym for the past 3 months, but those are usually shorter mini-runs. I need to get back outside for a real run. I'll let you know how I do. 🤞
You’ve got this! Enjoy the weather before it starts getting too hot. I’ve been running in the afternoon because I know I’ll be running at 4a in a few weeks due to the heat here in TX…

Kind of a last minute addition to the Disneyland tips. Batuu over by the Falcon is a great viewing spot for the fireworks when they’re going. The ones that go off from behind Toontown are visible (and loud) in that area

You do have to forego the music and projection, but it’s a lot less crowded

I did it! Thanks for the support all! I took a (slower than balloon lady) warm up walk for 33 minutes and then ran RWR intervals of 90/30 for 30 minutes. I'm trying to embrace/figure out how to "train slow to race fast" and/or run at a lower heart rate. This was mostly in the Garmin Zone 3 (Green aerobic) section. I'm not 100% confident that my heart rate zones are set correctly. Anyway, baby-steps, because at least it wasn't in orange/red. 🥵

You’ve got this! Enjoy the weather before it starts getting too hot. I’ve been running in the afternoon because I know I’ll be running at 4a in a few weeks due to the heat here in TX…
Haha! I have to wait til the afternoon so it warms up! LOL New England problems. 🥶

1) For the people who have been to both DL and WDW: what should WDW vets who are DL newbies be looking out for? What can we do differently than someone going to any Disney park for the first time?
Be ready for a bit of size shock. The Magic Kingdom is on a grand scale. Disneyland is a more intimate scale. In many ways, it still feels very much like the park built by a father for his daughters.

Sometimes Disneyland has far more attention to little details than the Magic Kingdom.

Comparisons are inevitable. But as you work to appreciate each coast for what it does so well, you will find that you can have a truly great time at each coast for different reasons.
And if you have the chance, catch a movie at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. Disney refurbished it to look like a classic Hollywood movie palace when Eisner was CEO, and they've since bought the theater. So they only show Disney films, either new releases or classic films when they don't have a new release. They have an organist before the movie and it's a great experience.
Absolutely. El Capitan has hosted the world premiere of some of the biggest movies today. It was a Hollywood movie palace back decades ago and Disney has kept so much of that charm while also giving it the world class sound system and projection system. The organist who plays before the movie is so much fun. If you can swing it, it's definitely worth checking out.
Disneyland has Toon Town in the back near Small World, where Roger Rabbit and the new Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway is. I think this flows to Star Wars land, but I haven't been to DL since 2016 and can't speak to that.
As of today, there is no way to walk from ToonTown to Galaxy's Edge. While you can absolutely see Toy Story Land from Galaxy's Edge in Florida, it's far more isolated out west. Inside Disneyland, it's often referred to as off planet.
Is it reasonable to expect that the 100yrs (and Wondrous fireworks) will be on for the race weeknd? Or the celebration ends in 2023?
Honestly, I'm not sure if they will. Disneyland started the 50th and 60th anniversary celebrations in May of 2005 and 2015. Starting this one off in January of this year is different.
Strictly my opinion, but I think the "limited time" run of Rogers is dependent entirely on how popular the show is. If it's really popular, limited might be years and years and years.
I really only want the 10k logo pin, but I'm not planning on arriving until Friday. Should I just bite the bullet and buy the package?
Honestly, I would. I think there's going to be lot of merchandise craziness because this is such a highly anticipated race weekend. In 2017, I may have bought the last I did it shirt for the Avengers Half on Friday afternoon. They went to get me a "fresh shirt" off the rack instead of one on display and could not find any.
Kind of a last minute addition to the Disneyland tips. Batuu over by the Falcon is a great viewing spot for the fireworks when they’re going. The ones that go off from behind Toontown are visible (and loud) in that area

You do have to forego the music and projection, but it’s a lot less crowded
The fireworks are very loud. Very loud. The booms echo off the spires. If you're noise sensitive, that could be a problem.

As for me, I just like to put Star Wars music on my phone and provide my own music. But yes there are no projections. I love watching the fireworks with the Millennium Falcon right there and it gets my Star Wars heart all nostalgic. But if it's a special Disneyland fireworks show, you're missing out if you only choose to watch it once from Galaxy's Edge.

I'm sorry I've been fairly quiet this week. My car has been in and out of the shop 3 times since last Wednesday. I had to put it back in this morning because it wouldn't start. I've been trying to think of a question for WAFDL, but I've been drawing a blank. I am sorry. Blah.
WAFDL: Which ride or attraction that’s in both DL and WDW are you most looking forward to riding/experiencing and comparing between the two?

WAFDL: Which ride or attraction that’s in both DL and WDW are you most looking forward to riding/experiencing and comparing between the two?

That works! :) Thanks @FFigawi !

I'm most interested in Space Mountain, just because the ride vehicles are so different. I also want to see what's different between HM and PotC. Like in WDW, some of the choices were made just because they already existed in the DL version, but DL needed those quirks to actually make the attraction work!

WAFDL: I'm not going to be able to make it to this race weekend, but I very much want to ride DLs Haunted Mansion to compare against my favorite WDW attraction. I ran DLH weekend twice (2016 &2017) as my only trips to DL and its Haunted Mansion was closed both times for installation of the NBC holiday overlay. One day I want to experience it both with and without the overlay. I guess that just means multiple trips! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter