Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We were gifted two days of access to RPC during our GF/YC split stay two weeks ago. We also had reserved two nights at YC CL. While we really enjoyed our experience at RPC we much preferred YC CL. We always eat both breakfast and dinner in the club lounges whenever we have access to a club lounge. YC CL put out food that could make a good meal for dinner, like pulled pork sliders, chicken tacos and the most delicious beef and mashed potatoes, to name a few offerings, which we preferred to what RPC had for the evening.

We also preferred the YC CL dining area to the layout of tables at RPC.

We found wonderful CM's at both lounges, including one who showed up at both of them. But all, in all, unless we get another pixie dust free access to RPC, we won't be staying there again.
You're making me want to look for discounts at YC CL! And like you, unless another "gift of RPC" comes along, that was my swan song.

Hi,

We leave for WDW TOMORROW!!!! I'm just a tad excited. Staying at BWI CL so let me know if you need me to check anything out while I'm there.:thumbsup2

I asked a question on the Magic Band thread but haven't seen a response yet so I hope you don't mind me asking here.

Our family of 5 will be using the magicband+ this time. How do the other members of the family pair their phones with their band? Do they need to download the app and log in under my account? Also, has anyone had trouble with this particular style band falling off?

Thank you!

Hi,

We leave for WDW TOMORROW!!!! I'm just a tad excited. Staying at BWI CL so let me know if you need me to check anything out while I'm there.:thumbsup2

I asked a question on the Magic Band thread but haven't seen a response yet so I hope you don't mind me asking here.

Our family of 5 will be using the magicband+ this time. How do the other members of the family pair their phones with their band? Do they need to download the app and log in under my account? Also, has anyone had trouble with this particular style band falling off?

Thank you!
If you catch the 3 day rotation on menu for appetizers that would be awesome! Enjoy your trip!!

Hi,

Thank you!
Yes, they need to download the app to pair the band if they want to do anything with the band on their phone. They don't HAVE to do anything with the band on their phone though.
Yes, they can fall off. But all MB can fall off. DH and I haven't had this type fall off more than the other though. Just that any can, if hit just so.

If you catch the 3 day rotation on menu for appetizers that would be awesome! Enjoy your trip!!
We just got back from BWI CL and they weren't even on a full 3 day rotation during our stay. We had the same exact entre menu on Monday night that we had on Saturday night.

Hi,

Thank you!
We had problems with our + bands. Granted, we got the bands when they were new. Since we had to take them off to charge them, the closure gets less secure each time, but we had a problem with 2 bands from day 1. (+another a few days later). Previously no significant problems with my bands, but we have found other peoples' bands. (Gave to CM's.) The suggested hack was to secure them with a rubber band, but we carried them in our pocket + used old magic bands.

Second, we were not able to get our bands fully paired w/ Android devices, despite spending quite a bit of time trying. We were told they pair better w/ Apple. Perhaps WDW has also made further updates to the software. Some paired intermittently. One never paired. We were told it was best if both the bands and the phones were fully charged + fully update MDE. If that fails, try uninstall and reinstall MDE. Time consuming and did not work for us, and was frustrating trying to do every morning while also vying for BG/G+. breakfast, and getting to the parks.

We spent almost 2hours in GS. On top of all that, Charing bands= phones, bands, and batteries to charge each night. LOTS of cables/chargers to manage. Some of the statues did not work at all. Plus, we would collect some, but then a day later all the ones we had collected disappeared from our MDE, and we had to start all over. Maybe they were updating the software?

Eventually WDW offered us a gift card in the amount we paid for them as compensation for how horrible they were. It was something, but didn't really make up for all the lost time.

We all had MDE on our phones.

Hi,

Thank you!
I did not even use it in Sept but did Nov trip. I ran into a family while waiting for Epcot mono. They taught me you can change the color of your light. It’s easy to find if you actually look in app vs having your daughter set you up.

It was a pain to charge, I never used any features and prefer old band, I don’t have littles so I don’t really need it.

However the many many bands I had in my account are gone! Even my white one which is newish. I only have 3 , a black and 2 pinks. One is with a friend. So I took the black puck out and put in my white band🙄

Can’t order more it’s been “down” all month.

I used to love to bring a bunch and match my outfits but can’t. Meanwhile dh has 33 in his account. He barely visits lol. Go figure!

Signature updated to reflect got poly CL for NYE now! Phew I had to stalk long and hard for that, arriving 1/1 was just a day too late😜🤔😅🤣

Can’t order more it’s been “down” all month.

Magic Band ordering has been down? I just looked at the MB page a few minutes ago to see what options currently are for our January trip. There were quite a few regular MBs & MB+. I did try to order, but I was impressed with the selection. And it seemed like I would have been able to order.

Also, has anyone had trouble with this particular style band falling off?

Yes, I have found the bigger band makes it easier to get snagged on clothing and such... especially this time of year when you may be wearing some layers or longer sleeves. That could happen with the old ones too, but for me it seems more common with the new bands, on the margins.

Not to be cynical but personally, I'm not a fan. The few additional features don't really make up for the annoyance of having yet another device to charge, etc. I'm more drawn to the organic simplicity of the old MBs which required no thinking.

Anyway, enjoy your trip!

Magic Band ordering has been down? I just looked at the MB page a few minutes ago to see what options currently are for our January trip. There were quite a few regular MBs & MB+. I did try to order, but I was impressed with the selection. And it seemed like I would have been able to order.
I keep trying on different devices and it says not available. Probably due to having so many in our account or something. Usually if I do incognito things will work but it hasn’t, rats,

About the MagicBand+, we got ours for our November trip, and then had a last minute trip to Disneyland in October, where we were able to be some of the first to use them. We found charging them to just become part of the routine - charging overnight. We ended up plugging them in the bathroom or covering with a hat as they blink green while charging. Overall we enjoyed them - my son and I would do the double tap to make them light up - sort of like a head nod greeting - just a thing we shared and got some laughs about. And also they would activate at various places to tie into the attraction. At the Haunted Mansion it thumped with a red dot like the heartbeat.

My experience with the MB+ last week was "meh"... I tried interacting with the statues with mixed success, and sometimes it would just vibrate and flash for some unknown reason. Having it flash during nighttime entertainment (Fantasmic, Harmonious, Enchantment) was more distracting than entertaining. I would not invest in this band again for future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter