Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not crazy about the shower doors. I think they look nice, but they don’t offer any privacy. With a shower curtain, someone could be showering and someone else could be brushing their teeth or doing something else in the bathroom at the same time. I’m also going to miss the large vanity in the bathroom. These are probably my only two gripes about the room.

Yeah, in thinking through how we would use the room, a little half frosting might not have hurt. Also can hide small soap scum stains better than clear glass in a bright room.

With my kid’s ages we’re quickly at/approaching the point where more hotel room/bathroom discretion is in order. It was easier when they were young and we didn’t care!

I love the new room decor, I’m so excited to stay there in 2022! A few things I noticed though, in the living area, is that the ceiling fan is gone (unless it’s enclosed in the light fixture?) and no more mirrors! 7EE3BEBB-D5ED-4055-8A7D-C036717769D1.jpeg1CAEB185-064C-472E-9E95-3FC724459D29.jpeg

I love the new room decor, I’m so excited to stay there in 2022! A few things I noticed though, in the living area, is that the ceiling fan is gone (unless it’s enclosed in the light fixture?) and no more mirrors! View attachment 560816View attachment 560817

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure they have been removing ceiling fans in several other recent refurbs as well. So I'd assume it's just a light fixture.

Another thing is that the desk, chair, and small nesting table are now gone. For us this is a non-issue because we never used them much - just as a landing place for receipts and stuff like that, and a place to stash our breakfast food. The coffee station will work great for those purposes. However, some people used the tables for breakfasts and room service like the ’Ohana Twilight Feast. Is there any usable table space somewhere else in the new room for in-room meals?

Another thing is that the desk, chair, and small nesting table are now gone. For us this is a non-issue because we never used them much - just as a landing place for receipts and stuff like that, and a place to stash our breakfast food. The coffee station will work great for those purposes. However, some people used the tables for breakfasts and room service like the ’Ohana Twilight Feast. Is there any usable table space somewhere else in the new room for in-room meals?
If you watch the little tiktok video, there's a small white table that's been pulled off to the side to open up the sight lines.

ETA: actually of you look hard at the video, there's 2 - a round white/light colored wood one to the right by the coffee station, and another one by the bed closest to the sliding doors.

I absolutely love the rooms! I remember how sad I was after the Beach Club renovations and the lack of Disney I felt with the change. I think the Poly rooms are a perfect mix! I have always preferred carpet but after just staying YC, I like the floors too! I can't wait for our July stay!

Oh, I didn't notice that. We always use that nesting table for the kids to eat.

Hi everyone! My extended family is booking a trip for 2022, and we’re leaning towards staying at the Poly. I’ve never stayed at this resort and would love some feedback about your favorite buildings/room categories. I’d also like to hear about any buildings or room categories that you’d stay away from. We’re hoping for a location with a good mix of convenience and view (not a parking lot). I’d love to hear your thoughts! Looks like we picked a great time to try this resort with the current reno going on! Thank you so much!

Hi everyone! My extended family is booking a trip for 2022, and we’re leaning towards staying at the Poly. I’ve never stayed at this resort and would love some feedback about your favorite buildings/room categories. I’d also like to hear about any buildings or room categories that you’d stay away from. We’re hoping for a location with a good mix of convenience and view (not a parking lot). I’d love to hear your thoughts! Looks like we picked a great time to try this resort with the current reno going on! Thank you so much!

The good news is that there isn’t a bad category or location at the Poly. The resort is not nearly so sprawling as it looks on maps and video. And this isn’t a BC/YC type of resort where you want to avoid Standard View at all costs. The only true parking lot views are pretty much in Pago Pago on the DVC side of the resort. Rooms that face it on the hotel side have so much strategically placed landscaping blocking it that it’s very easy to not realize you’re even facing it, and the fun bonus is it’s actually a monorail view because the beam is on that side.

That said, Rarotonga is my favorite longhouse because it’s the most centrally located one that isn’t the CL building. It’s within a stone’s throw of the GCH for dining and transportation, both pools. Going out the back way puts you practically on top of the bus stop and the walking path to the TTC for the Epcot monorail.

For a standard view, we love Rarotonga for all the reasons that Kylenne mentioned above. Even standard view is a nice view and the location is great! For a pool view, Samoa is our favorite, which is located close to Rarotonga.

I’m not a fan. I love Moana but the room doesn’t look cozy, it’s cold feeling. I don’t like the bright white looking lamps (should be warm white color lights) or the fully laminate floors. The colors are too muted too. I LOVE the dvc studios at the Polynesian, the colors, the cozy vibe. This doesn’t look good to me AT ALL.
View attachment 560786View attachment 560787
Thx it’s nice to see these together. I did enjoy the dvc cozy feel but think I like the new rooms as well. It’s Disney! Rooms should look different than Marriott. The new rooms at YC are so brown lol.

Yeah, in thinking through how we would use the room, a little half frosting might not have hurt. Also can hide small soap scum stains better than clear glass in a bright room.

With my kid’s ages we’re quickly at/approaching the point where more hotel room/bathroom discretion is in order. It was easier when they were young and we didn’t care!
In reference to the shower door, those were my thoughts, too.
But I love the rooms...themed well AND elegant.

....the new room decor reminds me of the Gran Destino, but a tweak of the color combo...I really do like the floor....as for the DVC rooms at the Poly...personally I didn't care for them and would stay elsewhere before getting another studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter