Has anyone had an AP extension to reflect the closure period?

Just checked the app, after logging out and back in, and DW and my AP golds were extended from Dec 3 to March 30, 2021.

(I’m a new member but been lurking here off and on for too many years.)
:welcome: nothing like a pandemic to bring you out of the shadows... wear your mask and social distance though :)

Haven't got an extension yet. Mine is supposed to expire in October, 2020. Just a question-Why isn't WDW following Shanghai and extended the passes when the "reservation period" is over?
Just wondering...........:rolleyes1
my 'theory' is that it's because even when reservation period ends they will make select AP tiers still reserve days like the 'Flex' at Disneyland

Haven't got an extension yet. Mine is supposed to expire in October, 2020. Just a question-Why isn't WDW following Shanghai and extended the passes when the "reservation period" is over?

I wonder if they believe that it won’t be as bad as they think right away or want to see exactly how it functions for APs as WDW is much larger.

My platinum AP was extended from Sept to Dec but my son’s (bought at the same time) was not.

If passholders, especially local, can’t visit as often as we normally do they are going to get a lot of backlash. I thought they’d follow Shanghai’s example. It’s much fairer. This new watered down Disney isn’t what any of us paid for.

My platinum AP was extended from Sept to Dec but my son’s (bought at the same time) was not.
I hope your son's changes soon. It was driving me crazy checking the website and app every fifteen minutes until my DD's got extended. One less thing to obsess over for me.

Our AP expired in March, one week after the closure and were extended to 7/18/20, which is one week after MK and AK (but not EP or DHS) open. It’s fair, we’re scheduled to be there and can use that extra week.

Silver on payment plan extended from 9/7 to 1/2/21. Wish I wouldn’t have asked for extension. Won’t go with masks and other idiocy, and won’t be surprised if July reopening doesn’t happen. I’m now convinced Disney playing long game on reopening so they can just pull the plug on this year entirely. It’s time to punish America, and Iger relishes the opportunity.

Logged out and back into MDE this morning and finally shows our Platinum passes extended from August 2 to November 29, 2020. 117 days like most others are reporting. Surprised they aren’t following Shanghai with the extension with the reservation period or even Hong Kong who are getting an extra 30 days on top of the days closed.

Our out of state Platinum APs were extended from 12/1/2020 to 3/28/2021. In over 30 Disney trips we have never visited in Jan, Feb, or March and we really have no interest in Disney during these months. I guess we will ask for the partial refund. There is still no official deadline to ask for the refund, right?

Our out of state Platinum APs were extended from 12/1/2020 to 3/28/2021. In over 30 Disney trips we have never visited in Jan, Feb, or March and we really have no interest in Disney during these months. I guess we will ask for the partial refund. There is still no official deadline to ask for the refund, right?

I talked with a CM yesterday. She said that as of right now there is no deadline to request the refund. She said a request for refund can still be made even if It appears your AP has been extended.

Ours were extended last night too. I checked at 7ish & nothing, family members texted hers were extended about 8:30. I checked & ours were changed then too. The expected 117 days. I called the passholder line to request refund a few minutes later. Had already decided I wanted that, in case things get bad & we don’t get to travel this winter I wanted some compensation for our missing time. The whole call took 16 minutes, including the wait time & her processing. I didn’t want to be stuck on hold for hours so I was very happy with that.

I had totally forgotten I paid with gift cards & the refund does go back to original payment method. Luckily I was quickly able to find those so I should be all set. I was feeling good until I saw the email from SW about my flight down. Now I have to go deal with a whole other issue. Vacations aren’t easy in 2020. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter