Hypothetical Legal Question-Jambo House

Just read elsewhere that a DVC owner got contacted by Terri after emailing. It seems that the booking at Kidani and Jambo were down and that it did not make sense to open both buildings,

Situation will be monitored and opened up as time goes on.

What I figured. I wonder if they have thought through the issue of not having a real QS restaurant at KIdani. A pool bar with six menu items (even before Covid limitations) cannot handle the volume from an entire resort. Especially before parks open and people are at the resort all day. And they are limiting shipping services, which will impact groceries.

What I figured. I wonder if they have thought through the issue of not having a real QS restaurant at KIdani. A pool bar with six menu items (even before Covid limitations) cannot handle the volume from an entire resort. Especially before parks open and people are at the resort all day. And they are limiting shipping services, which will impact groceries.

I don’t know and we don’t know what other things may be adjusted. I do know that it says all food options at all resorts will have limited menus so I am expecting that at VGF when I go too.

It implied to me that the cost to DVC to pay all costs of the open building since Disney wasn't opening did not make sense, given the number of bookings there were, As mentioned, CL is suspended so those rooms were out of service anyway. Members moved will not be charged extra and will have returned the difference is the rooms are less...

I also interrupted to mean that Jambo and Kidani are one DVC resort.

To be honest, I would not be surprised to see the same thing happen at SSR, Poly, and OKW, where they cluster owners into certain buildings to save costs,

Last edited:
Just read elsewhere that a DVC owner got contacted by Terri after emailing. It seems that the booking at Kidani and Jambo were down and that it did not make sense to open both buildings,

Situation will be monitored and opened up as time goes on.

This 100% makes the most sense. I really do not believe they would house NBA-related people in a resort that would be so easily accessed by people outside of the quarantine.

As a somewhat-related tangent, it really is incredible to see the wide-spread availability from opening through about mid-August. All of those dates are points that will be back-logged AND will not provide breakage “income.”

For what it is worth, the message I received from a manager at MS was that the pool bar would be expanding quick service options and Sanaa Lounge would become a quick service location. This was specifically in response to my question as to dining options with Jambo closed (after they moved me to Kidani).

For what it is worth, the message I received from a manager at MS was that the pool bar would be expanding quick service options and Sanaa Lounge would become a quick service location. This was specifically in response to my question as to dining options with Jambo closed (after they moved me to Kidani).
you were not given any other dvc choice except Kidani? when is your trip again? I am preparing for what may or may not happen with our Sept reservation. Thanks!

you were not given any other dvc choice except Kidani? when is your trip again? I am preparing for what may or may not happen with our Sept reservation. Thanks!

This is our first DVC trip and didn't ask to go anywhere else (wanted our first stay at our home resort). We were moved from 2 value studios at Jambo to 2 standard view studios at Kidani. They "gifted" us the point difference. We did ask about Savannah View, but we would have had to pay something like 40 extra points! We arrive July 2. I also have value studios at Jambo reserved for September and when I asked about those reservations, she said no word yet and they would reach out if and when we needed to be displaced.

I have an early December booking - Value Studio. Will Jambo House still be closed by then since they have taken all the availability off the website until the end of the year? I do not care for Kidani at all and will be displeased if they find it to be an even swap AND/OR make me pay more points for a Standard Studio.

Even hearing that in my head sounded like such a brat. LOL First World problems.

I have an early December booking - Value Studio. Will Jambo House still be closed by then since they have taken all the availability off the website until the end of the year? I do not care for Kidani at all and will be displeased if they find it to be an even swap AND/OR make me pay more points for a Standard Studio.

Even hearing that in my head sounded like such a brat. LOL First World problems.
no idea. I do now that for my dates in December there is basically no availability anywhere in a studio. So I think they have to open it unless a lot of people cancel.

Honestly, I would be shocked to see it closed still by then and really believe that it will open with AKL

A friend of my that works for ABC sports said he is excited to stay at AKl with the NBA. His wife and son can come Disney will provide activities at the resort so they do not have to leave resort. His son is hoping for his school to still be closed come fall so that he can do online school and still stay at the resort during the start of school.

A friend of my that works for ABC sports said he is excited to stay at AKl with the NBA. His wife and son can come Disney will provide activities at the resort so they do not have to leave resort. His son is hoping for his school to still be closed come fall so that he can do online school and still stay at the resort during the start of school.
I wonder if they know for sure that AKL is the resort or if they are following rumors.

DVC's going to have some explaining to do if that ends up actually being true.

they better move me to a studio of OUR CHOICE and not make us use more points if this is true! I am so mad at DVC, between being June UY and still waiting on being able to reallocate our 2019 points after the MEMO they sent at the end of May! Now to find out the DVC resort we booked for Sept may not be able to allow us to be there. I am sorry to those who feel I am not being Patient. I have lost it.

they better move me to a studio of OUR CHOICE and not make us use more points if this is true! I am so mad at DVC, between being June UY and still waiting on being able to reallocate our 2019 points after the MEMO they sent at the end of May! Now to find out the DVC resort we booked for Sept may not be able to allow us to be there. I am sorry to those who feel I am not being Patient. I have lost it.

Honestly, I think people who have fall trips will be okay. The rooms disappearing was weird, but it was probably to just secure as many empty ones as they could to move cash guests,

It just doesn’t seem they can take out rooms from service...other than CL...if the hotel opens.

If the hotel is closed for valid reasons, then they will move you to wherever they can that is open, but will not charge you extra. That is standard policy for when rooms go down for maintenance, etc.

Honestly, I think people who have fall trips will be okay. The rooms disappearing was weird, but it was probably to just secure as many empty ones as they could to move cash guests,

It just doesn’t seem they can take out rooms from service...other than CL...if the hotel opens.

If the hotel is closed for valid reasons, then they will move you to wherever they can that is open, but will not charge you extra. That is standard policy for when rooms go down for maintenance, etc.
I am remaining hopeful while being worried! There are no full available rooms open for the week we are going in a studio.

Thank you for posting this info @Shelly F - Ohio , it's the closest thing I've read so far to a definitive answer to our question - not what I was hoping to hear but it does add another tick to the negative column :(

No need to take the actual CL rooms out of service. Just do a point adjustment for not having the CL lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter