I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barely 6pm and already starting to sound like a war zone outside. None of the cities around me, including the one I live in, allow fireworks. These are all bought on the reservation and is why before dark, though it'll happen after as well, all we hear are really loud booms. Seems neighbors that never used to do them have decided to this year as well. Calling non emergency has never worked in the past and there's nothing to do to calm Buddy down. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy fireworks and we used to do them when they were legal, but none of our dogs, including Dude, have ever really been bothered by them until Buddy. And it takes it to a whole other level of dislike, plus there's no need for quarter stick of dynamite being exploded either.

I officially hate fireworks. We have two sound machines going as loud as they can and DS is still waking up from them. None of us can sleep and it’s been going for a long time. He falls asleep and another large firework burst wakes him up so he cries. We have people doing them on all sides of the house so it literally surrounds us

Last edited:
I officially hate fireworks. We have two sound machines going as loud as they can and DS is still waking up from them. None of us can sleep and it’s been going for a long time. He falls asleep and another large firework burst wakes him up so he cries. We have people doing them on all sides of the house so it literally surrounds us
Yes, the ones from the stadium were especially loud, and now we have more across the lake. My dog is shaking uncontrollably.

Barely 6pm and already starting to sound like a war zone outside. None of the cities around me, including the one I live in, allow fireworks. These are all bought on the reservation and is why before dark, though it'll happen after as well, all we hear are really loud booms. Seems neighbors that never used to do them have decided to this year as well. Calling non emergency has never worked in the past and there's nothing to do to calm Buddy down. And don't get me wrong, I enjoy fireworks and we used to do them when they were legal, but none of our dogs, including Dude, have ever really been bothered by them until Buddy. And it takes it to a whole other level of dislike, plus there's no need for quarter stick of dynamite being exploded either.
Same, there are a lot more in our neighborhood this year. My cat doesn't like them much, but he's more worried tonight than I've ever seen him. I hope they don't go on for much longer.

I received an email 5 days ago about one of my flights changing. I haven't had a chance to actually look at it, but SW switched us to leaving Orlando 3 hours earlier. The email said I had 3 days to change the flight, but I've been too busy to actually look at it until today. I hopped on Twitter (my favorite way to communicate with SW) and asked if they'd still consider changing the flight to the latest flight of the day. They happily did so and I promised to actually read my emails in the future. This is why I only fly SW, they are so easy to work with.

Same, there are a lot more in our neighborhood this year. My cat doesn't like them much, but he's more worried tonight than I've ever seen him. I hope they don't go on for much longer.

It's just now sunset so it's still not dark out. I put earplugs in buddy's ears. Not really helping but hoping it'll dampen it a little. We did also finally call on the one neighbor and they were going off but no idea if the lady could hear them or if someone will actually come. We did have the address which helps since most of the time we've no idea who os doing them.

ETA if it weren't for buddy I wouldn't care. But a week doesn't go by that we don't hear fireworks and I will say that I've started rooting for the Seahawks to lose or have low scoring wins so they don't light many off during football season. They are illegal here and most of the one's they are lighting off would also be illegal if they were allowed in our city.

@Haley R I hope you all got to sleep. I can at least put ear plugs in.

Last edited:

It's just now sunset so it's still not dark out. I put earplugs in buddy's ears. Not really helping but hoping it'll dampen it a little. We did also finally call on the one neighbor and they were going off but no idea if the lady could hear them or if someone will actually come. We did have the address which helps since most of the time we've no idea who os doing them.

ETA if it weren't for buddy I wouldn't care. But a week doesn't go by that we don't hear fireworks and I will say that I've started rooting for the Seahawks to lose or have low scoring wins so they don't light many off during football season. They are illegal here and most of the one's they are lighting off would also be illegal if they were allowed in our city.

@Haley R I hope you all got to sleep. I can at least put ear plugs in.
Dh even offered for me to wear ear plugs for a bit because I didn’t get as much sleep as him the night before. I tried using the ones from our ANA flight and I could still hear them through those. The fireworks were right behind our house so pretty close

Dh even offered for me to wear ear plugs for a bit because I didn’t get as much sleep as him the night before. I tried using the ones from our ANA flight and I could still hear them through those. The fireworks were right behind our house so pretty close

That sucks. We're surrounded on 3 sides. I only use one ear plug in my left ear. I sleep on my right and my ear always hurts from them but as long my right ear is down in the pillow I'm good with the one.

Buddy's relaxed a bit at least. The closest have stopped at least. Will try and sleep soon. Just glad it's not a work night. I've always thought we should get the 5th off rather than the 4th.

This, 100%. It's just a marvel to watch, for this reason. Lin Manuel is amazing (I don't mean his perfromance, I mean this). I was surprise at how much we enjoyed In The Heights though too.

I don't know if I have a favorite musical, I love so many. Wicked was amazing each of the 6th times I have seen it. For sentimental reasons I think it's my favorite because of the history my dd and I have with it. Also love Mamma Mia, Mary Poppins, Once, Next to Normal, Book of Mormon, geez I could probably go on and on. Priscilla Queen of the Desert is one that really surprised me.

I cannot stand Phantom or Cats though, ALW is NOT my thing. Except Joseph, for some reason I love Joseph.
Ooh are we talking musicals? My favorites, in no particular order, are Hamilton, Wicked, Kinky Boots, and Book of Mormon. If I can cheat, I'd also like to include Stomp on there - technically, they make music!

We've seen Hamilton 3 times and every time has been the same Aaron Burr, played by Daniel Breaker. He's amazing. I like him better than Leslie Odom, although my only experience with Odom is on the movie and not in person. Also, our Lafayette/Jefferson was James Monroe-Iglehart (we saw him in Aladdin as Genie also!), who is phenomenal, but he's no Daveed Diggs.

Also we saw Wayne Brady as Lola in Kinky Boots and he is amazing.

Anyway, now I want to go back to Philadelphia and tour the historical sites.
I am such a sap for Wicked. It was my favorite forever, and maybe it will be again, but it's currently replaced by Hadestown. I really didn't like Rent the first time I saw it - couldn't feel empathy for the characters at the time, now it's in my top 5. I really like the others you mentioned, and I will add Bandstand and Little Shop of Horrors. I hope Broadway survives this shutdown. All of this talent can't survive in NYC without a salary, and I worry that many will just move on.

I saw Leslie Odom live in 2017. It was a lecture/concert at a local University. He performed Hamilton songs, but he also performed, "Without You," from Rent, which was his first off-broadway break. I recorded this video from the audience (which wasn't prohibited) - he's really amazing:

I am such a sap for Wicked. It was my favorite forever, and maybe it will be again, but it's currently replaced by Hadestown. I really didn't like Rent the first time I saw it - couldn't feel empathy for the characters at the time, now it's in my top 5. I really like the others you mentioned, and I will add Bandstand and Little Shop of Horrors. I hope Broadway survives this shutdown. All of this talent can't survive in NYC without a salary, and I worry that many will just move on.

Bandstand is a good one! We saw that on a whim on Broadway with discounted tickets from the TKTS booth. Went in with really no expectations and enjoyed it immensely. Laura Osnes played the role of Julia and we loved her, she is a star.

$400 of unexpected spend I could have used on a MSR. Window air conditioner melted a surge protector during the day yesterday. Thought it might be the surge protector, tried another one and that started getting too hot to touch in about a half hour. Bought a new, much more efficient 12,000 BTU unit. I guess it brings me closer to First class to Europe.

Quick question. CSP annual fee came due...what is the consensus on that nowadays? Upgrading to CSR (as was my plan back when we were traveling) seems pointless and expensive now. Should I downgrade? To what? I'd like to upgrade it to a CSR if and when we travel again.

Quick question. CSP annual fee came due...what is the consensus on that nowadays? Upgrading to CSR (as was my plan back when we were traveling) seems pointless and expensive now. Should I downgrade? To what? I'd like to upgrade it to a CSR if and when we travel again.
Think it depends on the individual..run some numbers and see if you can get value out of the CSR or CSP...
i have been taking advantage of the new pay yourself back feature on my CSR and still have a few week long hotels booked in Orlando over the next year..to visit our son.

CF/CFU are your downgrade options. To upgrade to a CSR in the future you’d need to have a $10k CL, but you can always move CL around if you need to.

CF/CFU are your downgrade options. To upgrade to a CSR in the future you’d need to have a $10k CL, but you can always move CL around if you need to.

You can also downgrade to a Chase Sapphire card (not a preferred or reserve). And there is no annual fee with that one. I would personally not downgrade to one of the freedom cards as you can apply and get the sign up bonus.

You can also downgrade to a Chase Sapphire card (not a preferred or reserve). And there is no annual fee with that one. I would personally not downgrade to one of the freedom cards as you can apply and get the sign up bonus.
Eh - it’s easy enough to just PC away from a CF or CFU (or cancel) before you apply. Plus a lot of people don’t feel either of those cards justify an application and use of 5/24 slot anyways. So I wouldn’t hesitate to PC to one of them and actually would recommend it (especially CF since it would be far superior to the regular sapphire).

I don't think you have to wait a year to pc back to something though many do but you might want to also consider when you'll want the csr. If you can use what it has now it may be better to do it or if you only want to wait a few months. The way the banks are tightening some things I don't know that I'd be as comfortable pcing it to a freedom product and then 5 months later to a csr as I would have been 6 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter