I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The flex and unlimited both have the same sign up bonus $200 cash back(20k URs) and 5x groceries for the first 12 months.
If you are deciding between those two cards in your situation I would get the freedom unlimited since you will earn 1.5 cash back on the remodeling vs 1 on the flex
If you can benefit from the 5% categories otherwise I’d do the CFU
I've really never looked at 0% APRs so I can't comment on that, but if you have the money to pay for it now I'd consider the Chase Sapphire Preferred. It's at 80,000 URs for a $4k MSR. So even if you just cash out at that would be worth $705 after considering the AF. I would even consider doing a MDD, modified double dip, so you can get the Sapphire Reserve as well for another 50k bonus. Or if that is out of your comfort zone if you have a P2 he could get the Reserve. The Reserve has the ability to Pay Yourself Back to make those URs worth 1.5. Right now Home Improvement Stores are a category, but only until 9/30, so that's probably won't help you. They haven't announced the next categories yet.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out! @alryan It took me about 5 times to read your post with help from the sticky but I get what you are saying. So the Sapphire preferred would give us $705 cash back minus the AF ($95) or that $705 is including the AF so technically we would get $790 back? Either way, I get what you are saying....its more than the 0% cards. The AF of $550 on the saffire reserve does scare me off but yes my DH could open one as well, I suppose, he has excellent credit but zero cards.

Am I misreading something :confused3 what I’m seeing is both the CFF and CFU sign up bonus is the$200 cash back, 5x on groceries...3x categories..drug store and dining..
Differences are CFF :1x back on everything else 5x quarterly categories but I’ve only been able to use 1 this year...MasterCard with the cell phone coverage
CFU 1.5x back on everything else
So maybe YMMV depending on utilization of the quarterly categories
You are correct, I don't know why I had it in my mind that the 3x drug stores was only on the flex.
I did just get back from a 2.5 mile run. Getting close to running an 8-minute mile. I know that’s slow to a lot of people but I’m feeling fairly good about it;)
I need to get back to running regularly. I did 1.5 at a 10 minute pace on Tuesday and could barely walk on Thursday. I've only managed three 8 minute miles in my life. Two of them in the same 5k.
Thank you all for taking the time to help me out! @alryan It took me about 5 times to read your post with help from the sticky but I get what you are saying. So the Sapphire preferred would give us $705 cash back minus the AF ($95) or that $705 is including the AF so technically we would get $790 back? Either way, I get what you are saying....its more than the 0% cards. The AF of $550 on the saffire reserve does scare me off but yes my DH could open one as well, I suppose, he has excellent credit but zero cards.
The CSP bonus works out to $800 cash back so if you take out the $95 annual fee you still come out with $705 "profit"

If you are going to apply for a sapphire card..I would go for the CSP since the sign up bonus is 80k URs=$800less the $95 AF is $705 x2 with your DH getting one is $1,410 cash back

Can you PC a chase biz card if you recently PC'd it from a different card? I PC'd my CIP to a CIU, but have never gotten a SUB for the CIU. Just curious if I could PC it again to a CIC if I want to apply for a CIU. Thanks!
You don't have to PC it unless you want to. You can just apply for another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter