I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on those gaming chairs I ordered from Staples a couple days ago: They're now sold out online! It says "in store only" but they're not available at stores near me so I am glad I ordered them when I did.

Now all I need is for the boxes to NOT have pictures or descriptions of the product on the outside... but I bet they will *sigh*. My kids usually get home from school before I get up.

Update on those gaming chairs I ordered from Staples a couple days ago: They're now sold out online! It says "in store only" but they're not available at stores near me so I am glad I ordered them when I did.

Now all I need is for the boxes to NOT have pictures or descriptions of the product on the outside... but I bet they will *sigh*. My kids usually get home from school before I get up.
I hope they’re unmarked boxes! Staples here delivered by private courier and updated me when out for delivery. Make sure your account is updated so they can contact you.
My sister ordered a gift for her son, from grandma, delivered to grandmas house. Sure enough, she and her son stop by grandmas and there are packages on the porch. He helped bring them in for grandma and was excited to see his gift in the original box, shipping label slapped on 🤦🏼‍♀️

UGH....I'm trying to decide if I want to get a cheap fake peloton spin bike and use my CSR credits. My sister has the real Peloton and loves it, but she's also kinda a fitness freak. I'd like to lose some of the 20 lbs I gained this year (thank you Rona and happy relationship). I'm not really a workout person. I used to use the elliptical at the gym but never saw any weight loss. I used to love yoga at the gym too, just not the same at home. I can honestly say, working out has NEVER helped me to lose weight. It's always been portion control. I went from 220->155 by just eating less. I got down to 143 last year when my ex dumped me. I kept it off until March of this year and it slowly crept back on. I've gotten as high as 163, I was 161 yesterday. I honestly DON'T feel like I'm eating anymore right now than I was. But I know the BF and I did spend lots of quarantine drinking, LOL.

I'm looking at various bikes on Amazon. I just can't decide. I guess looking at FB marketplace, I can likely make back most of the money if I decide I hate it and want to sell it. I mean Jan likely would be a great time to sell it. Anyone have a cheaper knock off?
I am renting a spin bike from the local studio that I go to (we are currently under a lockdown); I pay $200.00 / month and they e-mail me new rides every Sunday. I have been doing spin classes 3 times a week (I run outside and do weights 3 days a week as well) since they started 15 or so years ago and had never felt the urge to have a bike at home because technology changes and I like going to the classes. However having the bike at home (in dd's old playroom) has been so convenient that I could be converted and have been toying with the idea of buying a Peleton (I'm not there yet -- they are expensive and I am happy with my rental bike for now).

If you can go to a spin studio and try some classes for a few weeks, that's what I'd recommend before investing in a bike for your house. Both ds and dd tried my spin bike and neither liked it enough to do another class.

My 24-day quarantine ends tonight. (DH tested positive on my birthday, the rest of us never tested positive, so we had 14 days tacked onto DH's 10 days.) Thankfully, DH is almost back to his normal self. This virus is nasty. I had symptoms, but tested negative. Our dr believes mine was a false negative. I plan to have an antibody test in a couple of weeks to see if that sheds anymore light on the situation. Anyway, I wanted to share here because thanks to the wisdom of this thread, I have enough points to book a last-minute solo getaway with DH's blessing totally guilt free and will be escaping the midwest in three weeks for some Florida sunshine (or at least some warmer weather than here).

Stay safe out there, friends!

Anyone do this status match with Frontier? Southwest Companion pass showed as eligible for the 100k tier. Rarely fly frontier but I could see more domestic trips in our future...

https://thepointsguy.com/news/match-frontier-airlines-elite-status/

Thanks for posting this. I did the status match this week from my companion pass. It was pretty easy and quick. I have never flown frontier before mainly because they don't have a lot of flights from my home airport and then when I added all their extra fees it was pretty close price wise to flying Southwest. Without those extra fees tacked on then they have some great fares available and I am looking forward to trying them out.

Not a credit card question, but I figure the brains here will have some good advice for me.

Several years ago my parents helped me with the down payment for my house so that I would not have to pay PMI. The money was considered a gift, but I'd like to pay it back. It would be completely unexpected, but appreciated.

Do you think that a cash out refinance is a bad idea? I think I'd have to pay for an appraisal, and I know it would basically be starting my mortgage term all over again, but are there any other down sides I should be aware of? I don't necessarily to be in this house long enough to pay it off anyway, if that makes a difference.

My 24-day quarantine ends tonight. (DH tested positive on my birthday, the rest of us never tested positive, so we had 14 days tacked onto DH's 10 days.) Thankfully, DH is almost back to his normal self. This virus is nasty. I had symptoms, but tested negative. Our dr believes mine was a false negative. I plan to have an antibody test in a couple of weeks to see if that sheds anymore light on the situation. Anyway, I wanted to share here because thanks to the wisdom of this thread, I have enough points to book a last-minute solo getaway with DH's blessing totally guilt free and will be escaping the midwest in three weeks for some Florida sunshine (or at least some warmer weather than here).

One of my friends/coworker was hit hard, hospitalized 10 days with covid. She had a fever for 5 days and tested negative 4 times before testing positive. I know there are both false negatives and positives, but that's crazy.
I'm glad you all are on the mend.

Not a credit card question, but I figure the brains here will have some good advice for me.

Several years ago my parents helped me with the down payment for my house so that I would not have to pay PMI. The money was considered a gift, but I'd like to pay it back. It would be completely unexpected, but appreciated.

Do you think that a cash out refinance is a bad idea? I think I'd have to pay for an appraisal, and I know it would basically be starting my mortgage term all over again, but are there any other down sides I should be aware of? I don't necessarily to be in this house long enough to pay it off anyway, if that makes a difference.

Are you hoping to use this money you get out to pay them back? Are you over the 20% with the amount you want to refi for? Otherwise my understanding is that you would have PMI. There's more than an appraisal in a refi. I can't remember all the fees I had. I was able to get my refi w/o an appraisal. But there were lots of costs in my closing (title, etc). Obv, the costs were offset by my lower rate. Speaking of which....I need to set up my payment for my mortgage. I closed in October and didn't have to pay Oct or Nov! So that was NICE :)

Not a credit card question but for the gamers here, I have a question.
We just got an Xbox this year, so I don't know the ins and outs. DS plays Madden 20 a lot and had asked for Madden 21 for Christmas. Will he be able to play both games or does the new game replace the old one and essentially remove his old team?

I know this was discussed but I can't remember the details now.

We have a Marriott FNC that says it will expire 12/20 but Marriott says they will automatically extending things, so I don't need to do anything?

My Hyatt is now showing 12/21 so that's fine.

DH's Hilton FNC shows 12/20 and he can't find anything in writing saying they will extend this. Do we need to call Hilton on this one?

Thanks in advance!

We just got an Xbox this year, so I don't know the ins and outs. DS plays Madden 20 a lot and had asked for Madden 21 for Christmas. Will he be able to play both games or does the new game replace the old one and essentially remove his old team?
I think it replaces the old one. DS play NBA 2K. We spend oodles of money on VC to get good players. Then the new game comes out and we basically start over.

Not necessarily if you'll still be over 20%. Just figure out if the lower rate will offset the closing costs before you expect to move. I refinanced over the summer and my rate went down 1 percentage point (but I went from a 30-year to a 15-year). So After 18 months or so the refinance pays for itself. I didn't take any equity out but I almost wish I had to upgrade my master bath.

Glad your DH is doing better and your quarantine is over. The vaccine cannot arrive soon enough!

Are you hoping to use this money you get out to pay them back? Are you over the 20% with the amount you want to refi for? Otherwise my understanding is that you would have PMI. There's more than an appraisal in a refi. I can't remember all the fees I had. I was able to get my refi w/o an appraisal. But there were lots of costs in my closing (title, etc). Obv, the costs were offset by my lower rate. Speaking of which....I need to set up my payment for my mortgage. I closed in October and didn't have to pay Oct or Nov! So that was NICE :)

Sorry, yes, I wanted to use the money to pay them back.

That's a good question on the PMI. I suppose I'd need to find out about that...

Ah yes closing costs. That's what I was forgetting. Thanks!

The rate probably won't be too much lower (if at all)... I have a pretty good rate now I think (3.75)... I see that some are around 3.01 right now but I am not sure that's a big enough difference to make an appreciable difference as far as that goes.

Not necessarily if you'll still be over 20%. Just figure out if the lower rate will offset the closing costs before you expect to move. I refinanced over the summer and my rate went down 1 percentage point (but I went from a 30-year to a 15-year). So After 18 months or so the refinance pays for itself. I didn't take any equity out but I almost wish I had to upgrade my master bath.

How would I know (before starting) whether I'd still be over 20%? I am terrible with this stuff...

How would I know (before starting) whether I'd still be over 20%? I am terrible with this stuff...

Look at how much you owe currently, vs what your house was appraised for when you bought it. Figure that percentage and it'll let you know what you're at % wise. Add to what you currently owe the money you want to give back to your parents and use that number for the %.

I totally understand your desire to pay them back, but I would make sure that you won't cause hurt feelings or someone get upset by paying them back something they considered a gift. We all know people get weird with money, and certainly not prying, but obviously if they have a need for it I would, otherwise it might be good to look at it as the gift they considered it and then keep it in mind to potentially be able to help your own kids.

And this also could be because I was watching Gilmore Girls earlier and Richard and Emily go thoroughly pissed when Christopher paid for the rest of Rory's college because it's what they were doing. Nevermind it was a loan Rory was taking from them. And I realize this is totally fictional, but at the same time, reactions like this wouldn't get written if it hadn't happened somewhere. Kind of like the warning on curling irons - for external use only. That's only on there because someone...

He will start over. He can still go back and play the old game if he wants to but whatever he's done will not carry over to the new game. Almost all of the people that play Madden know this and are fine with it, it gives you a chance to try doing things differently. The majority of the time now though the only real differences between iterations are the rosters.

One of my friends/coworker was hit hard, hospitalized 10 days with covid. She had a fever for 5 days and tested negative 4 times before testing positive. I know there are both false negatives and positives, but that's crazy.
I'm glad you all are on the mend.
Dh’s aunt just died in the hospital from it and his cousin is in the hospital with it. It’s still here and as bad as ever.

To keep this cc related, my citi card came in today. We’ll meet the MSR pretty easily

He will start over. He can still go back and play the old game if he wants to but whatever he's done will not carry over to the new game. Almost all of the people that play Madden know this and are fine with it, it gives you a chance to try doing things differently. The majority of the time now though the only real differences between iterations are the rosters.
Thanks! As long as he can go back. I know they don't carry forward but I'm not sure he'd be happy if he couldn't go back and play the old game.
Dh’s aunt just died in the hospital from it and his cousin is in the hospital with it. It’s still here and as bad as ever.

To keep this cc related, my citi card came in today. We’ll meet the MSR pretty easily
I'm so sorry! :grouphug: It's awful. We did lose one of the nurses at work. He was hospitalized for 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter