I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Amex platinum credit should automatically load to your Uber wallet and when you order something it should be set to first use the wallet. There’s no statement credit.
I guess the Amex Gold works the same way?

ETA: I guess that benefit doesn't start until "Early 2021"

Last edited:
DS has both and it does not replace them. He can still play both versions just fine. The same with NBA2K.
Right you can still play but whatever you bought for the previous version doesn’t carry over. Dd never played the previous version of nba 2k once 2k 20 came out.
I just wanted to make sure he could go back if he chose to. He likes the team he built now, but I'm sure he'll build a new one. He doesn't spend any $ to add to games so no loss there. I ended up getting him NHL20, Madden20 and FIFA20 as all were on sale for $28 each at Best Buy.

Not a credit card question but for the gamers here, I have a question.
We just got an Xbox this year, so I don't know the ins and outs. DS plays Madden 20 a lot and had asked for Madden 21 for Christmas. Will he be able to play both games or does the new game replace the old one and essentially remove his old team?

Tell him to skip Madden 21 and keep playing 20....Also if you have Gamepass ultimate I am pretty sure Madden 21 is now free. You want to look into that....best way is to load up on a couple years of xbox live gold and for $1 convert every month to gamepass ultimate. It is an insane value.

Which means last two days to use up any monthly CC credits, hit monthly spend caps/promos, or claim/earn fuel points! I'm a couple bucks shy of getting another fuel reward so I gotta remember to hit Acme while I'm out for a loaf of bread or something.
The Amex platinum credit should automatically load to your Uber wallet and when you order something it should be set to first use the wallet. There’s no statement credit.

I have to try to do this tomorrow. We don't have ubereats in the town I live in, but I have a couple of returns to do where they have it. I noticed they have ubereats pickup at Fazoli's, so I"m going to try with that and bring it home for supper.

Hopefully since it'll be the last day of the month, it'll still work for November.

I have to try to do this tomorrow. We don't have ubereats in the town I live in, but I have a couple of returns to do where they have it. I noticed they have ubereats pickup at Fazoli's, so I"m going to try with that and bring it home for supper.

Hopefully since it'll be the last day of the month, it'll still work for November.

Yes, it will work fine. No timing issue to worry about as long as you spend it that month since it uses the credit immediately.

I just wanted to make sure he could go back if he chose to. He likes the team he built now, but I'm sure he'll build a new one. He doesn't spend any $ to add to games so no loss there. I ended up getting him NHL20, Madden20 and FIFA20 as all were on sale for $28 each at Best Buy.
Oh, sorry. You are good. Ds spent so much buying vc for nba 2k. I had to accept that that was how he wanted to spend his money but it seriously seems crazy to me.

Question for those who open bank accounts online - How do you pay for the opening minimum deposit? Do you use a credit card and hope it doesn't code as a cash advance? Or, does the application process normally include an option to transfer the funds from an existing account? Or, do you wait until you receive the new account number and either do a push or wait until your next payroll deposit? :confused3

i know a few ppl were buying the target's iTunes deal here yeah?

If you did, can you balance check your Target gift cards for me?

Question for those who open bank accounts online - How do you pay for the opening minimum deposit? Do you use a credit card and hope it doesn't code as a cash advance? Or, does the application process normally include an option to transfer the funds from an existing account? Or, do you wait until you receive the new account number and either do a push or wait until your next payroll deposit? :confused3
ACH from a secondary checking account. Unless I already have a savings at the institution.

Tell him to skip Madden 21 and keep playing 20....Also if you have Gamepass ultimate I am pretty sure Madden 21 is now free. You want to look into that....best way is to load up on a couple years of xbox live gold and for $1 convert every month to gamepass ultimate. It is an insane value.
I bought a bunch of cheap codes for on EBay but it requires me to enter them every 2 weeks. 😂🙄. At this point I've already purchased 3 games which are a Christmas gift. Since he didn't actually want anything for Christmas, this will do.

i know a few ppl were buying the target's iTunes deal here yeah?

If you did, can you balance check your Target gift cards for me?
I bought 3 Apple GCs and have $40 in Target GCs loaded into my Target account. Spent the other $20 already.

Oh, sorry. You are good. Ds spent so much buying vc for nba 2k. I had to accept that that was how he wanted to spend his money but it seriously seems crazy to me.

DS has mostly outgrown spending a bunch of money on vc (he has other dumb things he spends money on now lol) - but it used to drive me crazy as well. I couldn't understand why he cared what bling his players wore lol!

I usually do an ACH from my regular checking account unless I read on DOC that you can do funding with a credit card. I haven't done lots of them, but mine have all been able to do funded during the initial setup of the account.

yes, its loads automatically every month... sometimes it even loads when you cancel the card too.
atm, the free uberpass can be redeemed now, pairs nicely with the 9x MR AO.
I stupidly loaded the 9x MR Amazon Offer onto my Gold, and didn't know you could only load an offer to only one card :-(
So I guess I have to wait until that offer expires, and maybe a new one comes out?

I stupidly loaded the 9x MR Amazon Offer onto my Gold, and didn't know you could only load an offer to only one card :-(
So I guess I have to wait until that offer expires, and maybe a new one comes out?

You don't have to pay with your plat when using uber, the credit is already loaded in the uber/uber eats app so you can pay with whatever card you want, whether it's an amex, chase etc.

The credit currently no the gold, you have to pay with that card whether you use grubhub, shake shack, cheesecake etc.

ETA, oops missed you said amazon, thought we were still talking uber since there's a similar offer for both uber and grubhub. Course my grubhub is on my plat which doesn't help when I need it on the gold. Oh well.

Last edited:

9x MR Amazon offer isnt a continuous thing though. only other time i saw something similar(was 4x i think) was last year around the same time.
Id say, take the L and spend on amazon with the Gold card.

Suggestions on how to contact uber eats regarding my very late order that I'm sure will be cold by the time I get it. It's either not been picked up or is getting cold in the drivers car while he picks up another order. I wanted somewhere that doesn't offer pick up, it's 4.2 miles from my house, but after it said he was picking it up but never said he was on his way, he then proceeded to go at least 2 more miles away from my house onto the other hill. The app is now saying that it's combining orders, I did standard, I didn't want to pay a dollar extra for speedy delivery because I've never had this issue before.

I've sent him 2 messages asking him where he is and where my food is and haven't gotten a response. I ordered at 4:24 and for what I paid over my credit, after the "free delivery" I might as well have gone down to Mod Pizza and paid without using my credit.

He's apparently on his way back to pick up my pizza after circling the area it was in for like 10 minutes before he went to take the other order.

Is this normal and I'm just nuts and out of line? My idea of combining orders is getting orders from the same place or in the same location, like the restaurant across the street, not miles away while someone else's food sits in your car. I also didn't expect standard to combine orders, I didn't want to save a dollar for slow, and should have almost had my food by now because it took 15 min for a driver to even get assigned.

Oh it appears he's delivering someone's food as he's now in a neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter