I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, on a personal note, since we’re all friends here, your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated for my family as my 90 year old grandma passed away this week. Her death wasn’t entirely unexpected as she’d had a number of health setbacks the last couple of months. Lots of family coming home for the weekend for the visiting and funeral. My son drove home (Ohio) from Nashville last night, narrowly missing the bad weather, which had me worried of course. We don’t have any major family conflicts (unusual these days!) so I expect this will be a comforting weekend of visiting, reminiscing, and mourning our loss.

I am sorry for your loss. Expected or unexpected, a loss of a dear one is never easy. You have my heartfelt sympathy.

I might have done this wrong. My anniversary points on SW biz posted on the statement close (1/9 showed up 1/13). AF was posted on 1/1 and also is on that same statement. I SMed to close my account. It says closed but still shows a balance owed. Will that go away, you think? or do I have to pay that?

Also, on a personal note, since we’re all friends here, your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated for my family as my 90 year old grandma passed away this week. Her death wasn’t entirely unexpected as she’d had a number of health setbacks the last couple of months. Lots of family coming home for the weekend for the visiting and funeral. My son drove home (Ohio) from Nashville last night, narrowly missing the bad weather, which had me worried of course. We don’t have any major family conflicts (unusual these days!) so I expect this will be a comforting weekend of visiting, reminiscing, and mourning our loss.
So sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

So sorry for your loss. I hope this time with family will be uplifting and help soothe the sting of your grief.:grouphug:

my little 'fail' of the week....(I know,I have a lot of them!) So I signed up for the Hulu deal a while back for $2 a month for the year (my price point!) and TOTALLY forgot that I've signed up with different emails over the years (for diff. deals).... :rolleyes1 So when I got a $6xx charge on a random cc,I was :mad: and had to go sleuthing to figure out what I had done.... yes, in my brilliance I obviously had hit the 'pause subscription' feature 6 months ago or something.... so there goes my savings this month....I know it's really small, but I'm super annoyed b/c I was feeling pretty good about NOT spending extra $ on streaming stuff right now....(now that it's getting more popular I've noticed $$$ services popping up,and I'm all about the free and cheap,that's why I cut the cord long ago!) Along those lines.... Netflix? what happened to you? I'm still subscribed b/c I added some gc's to my acct....but I can't find much left to watch there!

So sorry for your loss :grouphug:

I'm sorry for your loss.

Off topic... what are the best hosting platforms and places to register domains?

I'm in the early stages of planning for a private practice on the side, and know nothing about this. Back in the day I played around with Wordpress but could never master it. I've also hosted on Bluehost and used godaddy for domains in the past but I've heard both of those are less desirable now.

Sending good thoughts of comfort to you and your family! Sorry for your loss

I might have done this wrong. My anniversary points on SW biz posted on the statement close (1/9 showed up 1/13). AF was posted on 1/1 and also is on that same statement. I SMed to close my account. It says closed but still shows a balance owed. Will that go away, you think? or do I have to pay that?
i need to do this same thing next week so I’m glad you asked. Do I have any hope for a retention bonus if I call in?

Should go away, mine and DHs were both timed like that for whatever reason. It went away, may have taken a couple days.
I’m not an expert, but I’ve heard Monday’s for some reason are super packed. So I’d say Friday. There are some threads on the DL boards that talk about it.
That does remind me it was weirdly busy/hard to get in on Monday on our last trip in 2018!
i need to do this same thing next week so I’m glad you asked. Do I have any hope for a retention bonus if I call in?
2 years ago I got a $100 credit for keeping it open... so I made $1. But then they put it on a 1099 they sent me, so it ended up costing me :rolleyes1 Last year when it came to DHs I just closed it. I think you have to break $600 in statement credits and/or referral points with Chase across all cards to get a 1099, but that is not 100%. I have no reason to keep mine open (it was the premier so no special perks)

I didn't call to try. I want to reduce the number of biz cards I have to since I am :drinking1 . Fewer is probably better (at least in my mind). I am keeping my personal card but upgrading (hopefully) to Priority for extra benefits.

Kind of churning related (but not really)....before Christmas Fresh Market (a smaller version of Whole Foods) had a promo when you purchase a $100.00 GC get $10.00 off a purchase between January 1 and January 26th. I redeemed the $10.00 slip of paper yesterday and the cashier handed it back to me and told me it is good for all purchases over $10.00 until January 26th. She said I can purchase $10.01 worth of groceries and just pay $0.01. I was back this morning and bought fresh fruit salad, 2 mangos and a protein drink for $2.94 (after the $10.00 off). I foresee many, many more visits to Fresh Market between now and January 26th :):)!

I'm sorry for your loss @Limes96. My grandma just turned 93 on Christmas. She's very healthy and still lives at home with my aunt, but I'm starting to definitely notice some things changing in her behavior. It's sad to think that she may be getting to that point. She still manages to go to the Y to workout, volunteers at the hospital gift shop, and does a lot of things with friends. I have no idea how she does it.

Last edited:
Off topic... what are the best hosting platforms and places to register domains?

I'm in the early stages of planning for a private practice on the side, and know nothing about this. Back in the day I played around with Wordpress but could never master it. I've also hosted on Bluehost and used godaddy for domains in the past but I've heard both of those are less desirable now.
I recently set up a Wordpress site with A2 hosting. I'm still getting used to it, so I can't say whether it is best. The three year plan is reasonable and offered what I was looking for. I had already purchased my domain elsewhere, but paid to transfer it over before I realized that I didn't really need to do that. Oh well, it's a learning curve. Wordpress has a lot more features now that are supposed to make things easier, like templates. If you can find something that you like, you're golden. If you're more like me and want to tweak everything, it can be frustrating and very time consuming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter