I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got an email from Delta on the flight I had to cancel that was gift cards/cash. It's not a refund, even though they call it that. It's a credit, that is not showing up in my account yet. I don't know that I will be able to use it. In reading this, what does this expiration mean, book by then? Travel by then? That is the date I booked the flight, travel date was in April.

We’re sorry you couldn’t use your tickets as planned. In response to your request, we have canceled your reservation. When you are ready to rebook your travel, please visit delta.com. Your change fee will be waived. This ticket number xxxxxxxxxx can be used as payment towards a new ticket within one year from 15JAN20 Detailed information regarding ticket changes and validity can be found on our website. If you are a SkyMiles member, the credit will appear in your account on delta.com.

Not sure who the Delta expert is and there have been so many different type refunds from different airlines flying around you need an expert as in someone who was in a similar situation.

I hope you get your funds back in a more usable condition. This may be an acceptable refund in ordinary times, but not now.

I know you're all dying to see the progress! This is levels 21-30. I'll be taking a break while I go back to work tonight.

Being up (at home) in the middle of the night is my only "alone time" and this is what I've been doing with it.

It's funny... I don't have that much "alone time" usually anyway (maybe a few minutes before bed and a few minutes after I get up) but now that my husband is WFH and my stepson is here indefinitely (his mom is in a higher risk group so he isn't going to her house right now), I am really treasuring this time in the middle of the night.

Attachments

• 20200329_103014237_iOS.jpg
    20200329_103014237_iOS.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200329_103021883_iOS.jpg
    20200329_103021883_iOS.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200329_103030460_iOS.jpg
    20200329_103030460_iOS.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200329_103041036_iOS.jpg
    20200329_103041036_iOS.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200329_103049111_iOS.jpg
    20200329_103049111_iOS.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
We had two reservations cancelled for March arrival that led us to be qualified for the new Disney promo. It's like free dining of old....2 day min in the hotel and 2 day tix (of any type) required. I think we may jump on it but push it as far out as we can taking college schedules into consideration.
I saw Dreams Unlimited said DVC stays are also eligible, have to pay cash for the new reservation. I'm trying to make this work for us for a September trip. I'm look at CBR since I didn't care for POR and I almost think we'd not quite break even versus a stay at Shades of Green, the bonus being onsite instead of across the street and having ME and refillable mugs. The required tickets can be used later, right? Like later in 2021 or 2022? Since we have APs we don't really need them right now. Then again, I think SOG is roomier and space is always nice. I could just pack snacks and get popcorn making SOG cheaper than this offer.

In churning related news: Since we got the Amex Rose Gold cards we have used our $10 credits to each purchase a $10 GC from Cheesecake Factory every month and had not used any of them. Since dining out isn't an option, we decided to do a version of meal prep and make use of those GCs. We are doing take out prep. We ordered a number of dinners to get us through the week online and paid it all with GCs. PlanePrincess opted for curbside pick up, rocking a mask and gloves. We brought it into the garage and transferred all the food into glass storage containers, labeled them and placed them in the freezer and disposed of the takeout containers and bags in a lidded garbage outside. Safety First. Meals for the week can be crossed off the list.

I did waffles this morning (just for the kids). I'm trying to make that our Sunday morning thing. I need a routine or I'll lose my mind right now.

I've been watching my weight since I'm down about 8 pounds and would like to keep it off. Intermittent fasting (skipping breakfast and not eating after 6/7 PM), stairmaster, and daily walks are keeping me from gaining back so far. It is hard with working from home though. I'm snacking too much.
I was very good and lost over 10 pounds until this enforced constant access to a stuffed refrigerator and a hungry family I need to feed 3 meals per day plus snacks. I have gained at least 5 pound in 2 weeks.

Isn’t “activating” a Chase card merely an empty ceremony anyways? I have 5+ Chase cards that I never activated when I go to that screen on the website and yet I’ve used them all with no problems.
OMG!!! You are right!! I never heard of such a thing! We just used the new card to pay a bill over the phone and it worked! This was turning into such a hassle. Thanks so much!!

Well we went ahead and ordered some stuff from Target that could be shipped to our house in 2 days. We decided to use Dh's Capital One instead of our Red Card because we now have 3 MSRs to meet. We still got the free 2 day shipping just not the 5% off. The fresh stuff we'll wait until next weekend and try out Shipt. Dh's parents own a printing business and ship with UPS/FedEx so they might send us some Clorox wipes and Lysol spray if they can find any. They live in a small town so it could go either way: harder to find supplies or easier.

Last edited:
I was able to call into Costco Travel, whom then called Royal Carribbean to get my June Alaska cruise cancelled for a refund instead of a FCC. On the Royal website they haven't updated the June dates as suspended, but when Costco called they told her it was affected and could cancel. I used multiple cards to make payments. The TA said sometimes they put it all back on the last card on file and sometimes they put it back exactly as it was paid. Man that should be interesting. LOL $500 was from a gift card, which she said will go back onto the giftcard. Ugh We won't be taking any cruises for a very long time if ever, (this was cruisings 2nd chance for us, the 1st time we tried to cruise Hurricane Katrina happened. Apparently we are cursed when it comes to cruises). My adult stepson loves RC cruises so it looks like his bday and Christmas gift are covered this year with the giftcard.

Next up working on the Alaska Airlines flights, to get them cancelled or no change fee us. They only have their dates for no fee change through the end of May. My 82 yo MIL has said she won't be traveling anymore ever, she has several health problems and is very scared now to travel. (this makes me so freaking sad, especially since we started planning this trip for her 2 years ago and it was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime for her). I hope to get the airlines to refund her flight. Myself, hubby and daughter will probably fly over to Juneau so we won't lose out on the points/cash there. Marriott will be easy to cancel in Seattle, but man so frustrating since I did points advanced and finally got Marriott to agree to add the points needed for the tier that my hotel had moved up to. The excursion that we booked my MIL paid for all 10 of us that were originally going to go. They have said no refunds at all, only credit for 2 years. I'm going to call them in a few weeks and see if they will let the 3 of us that will eventually make it up there be able to use the credit on several different tours that they offer, so we don't lose to much money there.

I haven't even started to look at our June Hamilton New York trip yet. :(

I know, I know, first world problems, but man it is depressing.

I have loved going through this board & seeing what everyone is cooking right now. DH & I got confused and double-ordered so now we have 200 lbs of rice :lmao:

Tonight we had chicken and fettucine with a creamy sun dried tomato sauce - home made from scratch by DD. Yesterday she made sesame chicken and rice. Friday was pizza. Now I have to cook tomorrow.

I have loved going through this board & seeing what everyone is cooking right now. DH & I got confused and double-ordered so now we have 200 lbs of rice :lmao:
That’s so funny. We get the 25 lb bags of jasmine rice from Sam’s club. It lasts us all of one month. People are in shock when they come to our house and see this gigantic bag of rice that would last normal people a year :laughing:

That’s so funny. We get the 25 lb bags of jasmine rice from Sam’s club. It lasts us all of one month. People are in shock when they come to our house and see this gigantic bag of rice that would last normal people a year :laughing:
hahaha! We eat rice every day so it will get used up eventually but right now we are living with Rice Mountain. We can’t even ask if anyone needs some because it’s not like we can bring it anywhere. Oh well.

What do ya'll do with so much rice and eating it everyday? You just eat it plain?

Living with mom I don't do it, but a nice big bowl of jasmine rice with nothing on it makes a great dinner. There's enough flavor to it you don't need to add anything to it imo. But we'll use it as sides to stuff. I don't know that I'd eat it everyday but I wouldn't have a problem eating more of it than we do now. I have a little rice cooker that makes up to 4 servings so it's easy, though it's not bad cooked in the microwave either.

What do ya'll do with so much rice and eating it everyday? You just eat it plain?

My favorite rice preparations:
- With butter and salt for a carby snack
- Whisked with an egg, soy sauce, and topped with scallions for breakfast
- Red beans and rice
- Mixed with black beans, pico de gallo, and cheese for a budget lunch/dinner
- Fried rice
- As a side with chicken and veg

With only two people and usually being pretty lazy with meal prep we don't go through *that* much rice, but I can see how a bigger family under quarantine could eat through it pretty quick! I made about 12 cups of brown and jasmin yesterday and expect that to last us most of the week.

Lol, my husband is Hispanic and eats rice with everything. Literally everything. We can order dominos and he’ll eat a piece of pizza with rice! So yes, between our household of only 2, we run through about 25 lbs of rice a month! Rice with chicken, rice with eggs, fried rice, rice with spaghetti, rice with tuna, rice with steak, rice with shrimp scampi, rice with kielbasa, rice with turkey, rice on rice on rice :rotfl: He eats it as the side to everything. And I mean it! I can’t eat that much rice but I do have it once or twice a week. Any more than that and I’d need to work out several more hours per day than I do now lol.

ETA: we have a 12 cup rice cooker. We cook about 3-4 cups a day, every day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter