I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making brownies with DD tonight and watching Jumanji. She's studying for the SAT (if she can ever take it) and I'm going to lose myself in some mindless book on my kindle:)

Mmm brownies. Haven't made those in ages. Was thinking about making pancakes for breakfast, haven't made those in over a year either. Man I'm gaining a bit between the food and drinking more. At least the weather was nice and I got out for an hour walk. DId my good deed, found a cell phone in the road and managed to connect it with its owner as I walked around the loop.

DH and I rewatched the 2017 Jumanji in anticipation of getting the latest from the library if they ever reopen.

Based on this new free dining deal for those with reservations thru 5/31, I have a few questions.
I booked a honeymoon in May for my newly married DD and her husband.
1) Can they get the free dining even if their reservation isn't canceled b/c the park opens before then?
2) I know it says those that have a room only reservation can qualify, but do I have to buy park tickets from them? I already bought them from UT.
3) Am I correct in assuming if the parks/resorts before her May dates and she keeps current ressie, they won't get the free dining b/c that begins June 1?
Thanks!
1) offer is valid for arrivals June 1 so no they shouldn’t qualify if they keep the May reservation
2) no. You have to buy park tickets
3) yes

@Haley R - I'm convinced if you find something online re:sanitizing wipes, order it before you talk about it.

The wipes have been now classed as out of stock online where they were showing available just a few minutes ago. I got them into my cart and checked out before they went to out of stock online.

May be that some tech smart people are watching availability with some kind of bot and grabbing stuff to resell. Toilet paper on amazon is already what I consider double the price for no name.
Concur and I say get a shipping confirmation before you say anything anywhere. We have hundreds of lurkers here.

Mmm brownies. Haven't made those in ages. Was thinking about making pancakes for breakfast, haven't made those in over a year either. Man I'm gaining a bit between the food and drinking more. At least the weather was nice and I got out for an hour walk. DId my good deed, found a cell phone in the road and managed to connect it with its owner as I walked around the loop.

DH and I rewatched the 2017 Jumanji in anticipation of getting the latest from the library if they ever reopen.
I did waffles this morning (just for the kids). I'm trying to make that our Sunday morning thing. I need a routine or I'll lose my mind right now.

I've been watching my weight since I'm down about 8 pounds and would like to keep it off. Intermittent fasting (skipping breakfast and not eating after 6/7 PM), stairmaster, and daily walks are keeping me from gaining back so far. It is hard with working from home though. I'm snacking too much.

Thank you for mentioning chewy! Mom orders buddy's supplement from there but forgets about it for most other stuff. She got the bird seed and the canned food from there and it says it'll be here in 7 to 10 days. Hopefully sooner but as of now it saves me from having to do a walmart order and can just stick with our reg grocery pick up again next sunday.

My last order took from ordering on March 20 to delivery on March 27.

1) offer is valid for arrivals June 1 so no they shouldn’t qualify if they keep the May reservation
2) no. You have to buy park tickets
3) yes
Okay, thanks.
If they call to make a reservation with the free dining starting June 1, must they cancel the May one first?
Basically I'm asking can they keep the first one to hedge their bets, while making another with the free dining after June 1?

Oh and I checked no my parents and they were out for a drive in SW FL but did not get out of the car. Mom says she's gotten everything she needs at Publix and dad's glad he can still buy liquor!

She was complaining DSIL went to Boston to a funeral (friend's mom) two weeks ago (DSIL is immuno-compromised) and someone at the funeral now has coronavirus.

My SIL and niece just drove 40 minutes to drop off a loaf of banana bread LOL, because they have too much and they are bored. Now to really understand how crazy that is, they are in a very different life class than us, and we NEVER see them. I haven't seen my niece since Christmas 2018 and have seen my SIL once in that time. And I eat restricted calories 6 days a week, and this is one of those day, and now I just ate banana bread LOL.

So I just ran out to stock up since this is my week with DS who eats a lot. Hit costco first. They are wiping all carts, lots of signs about social distancing, and the entrance is a maze (to limit the number of people going in). Lines were short. Tons of people wearing masks and gloves. I got what I needed an was out quickly. Publix was okay. No flour. Carts were cleaned. Kroger was also okay and I was surprised they were cleaning carts. They also didn't have flour. I have enough for a week or so so I may try Publix Wednesday morning (I'm thinking they are pretty stocked for seniors hour (7-8) as they should be which is what I found last Wednesday at 8AM).

All that said, I'm not getting desensitized to how weird this is. It felt way weirder today.

Making brownies with DD tonight and watching Jumanji. She's studying for the SAT (if she can ever take it) and I'm going to lose myself in some mindless book on my kindle:)

Costco now has senior hours 8-9am. They had 25 pound bags of flour when I went last week. In my normal world that's like 1-2 years worth of flour. Maybe if they have it I'll grab one, but no plan to go this week. I'm pretty stocked.

Last edited:
Has anyone been to Japan in May? DH and I finally sat down and looked at a calendar and are thinking about going next year, ideally from Monday May 10th to Saturday May 22nd. That would work best with both of our work schedules and we are holding out hope that things are back to normal by then. It looks like Golden Week travel should be over by the 11th when we would actually arrive in Tokyo. Anyone have insight on crowds, weather, prices, etc.? I know the Olympics being postponed until next year throws a huge wrench in the usual advice but am wondering what everyone's experiences have been.

We aren’t completely out of wipes so I wasn’t too worried but next time I’ll try ordering right away. I guess it didn’t matter in this case because it wouldn’t let me order anyway
Don’t forget you can also use spray cleaner and a paper towel. Long before wipes were an everyday thing, people still cleaned with spray cleaner( Lysol, scrubbing bubbles, Clorox spray). I know wipes are convenient but they aren’t the only option!

All that said, I'm not getting desensitized to how weird this is. It felt way weirder today.
I agree with you. Every time I have go to the store it feels weird. Sometimes while I’m shopping it seems like people are afraid of each other. Which I get, but what a sad way to live. It also seems like people are smiling at each other less. I sadly think that may take a long time to go away. I hope I’m wrong. The crazy thing is I used to only grocery shop once a week. Now I have to go every couple of days as inventory changes. I was more socially distant in my life 2 weeks ago. Going grocery shopping has never been my favorite thing, and now even less so. I dread it ☹️

Has anyone been to Japan in May? DH and I finally sat down and looked at a calendar and are thinking about going next year, ideally from Monday May 10th to Saturday May 22nd. That would work best with both of our work schedules and we are holding out hope that things are back to normal by then. It looks like Golden Week travel should be over by the 11th when we would actually arrive in Tokyo. Anyone have insight on crowds, weather, prices, etc.? I know the Olympics being postponed until next year throws a huge wrench in the usual advice but am wondering what everyone's experiences have been.
We went last year at the very end of May so I'm not sure if my experience will help a ton, but we thought it was a great time to be there! We arrived on May 28 I think. It was pretty hot some days, but we thought Kyoto was much hotter than Tokyo. The only really crowded area in Tokyo was Asakusa. Everything else seemed pretty good as far as crowds. Kyoto had TONS of tour groups from other countries and was very crowded. June is the start of the rainy season so you should be okay in May. We only had 2-3 days of rain even though we were there mostly during June. I think we might have gotten lucky. As far as prices, your first few days might be the most expensive because people might still be traveling from Golden Week. I don't know this for sure, though.

Don’t forget you can also use spray cleaner and a paper towel. Long before wipes were an everyday thing, people still cleaned with spray cleaner( Lysol, scrubbing bubbles, Clorox spray). I know wipes are convenient but they aren’t the only option!
I have some all purpose spray (plan to order more from Target), tile/bathroom cleaner, and pine sol. I guess I could use these if we need to! Dh said we would have to use paper towels then lol. I reminded him that there is such a thing called rags. We have some crappy ones I wouldn't mind getting bleach on.

Okay, thanks.
If they call to make a reservation with the free dining starting June 1, must they cancel the May one first?
Basically I'm asking can they keep the first one to hedge their bets, while making another with the free dining after June 1?

Ive called about several client reservations since last night. The ones who had already cancelled were rebooked with new promo, but I had to provide old booking info to prove they qualified. All the ones who hadn't cancelled yet had to move dates. So I wasn't allowed to just make a new booking for them while keeping the other one.

You might still be able to try, but I'm thinking this wont work. Plus phone wait times have been atrocious today.

Hi everyone, popping in with a cc question!

My AF on my Citi AA Biz card is coming up in May. I have never used the $200 credit and am very unlikely to do so, especially now. Does it still work to buy a gift card on the AA site? If so, it is an automatic credit like CSR or do I need to go in and do it manually like my Arrival+?

Thanks!
I don't know if it's still working, but I do know that it credits on its own. You don't erase the charge like with the Arrival.

Ive called about several client reservations since last night. The ones who had already cancelled were rebooked with new promo, but I had to provide old booking info to prove they qualified. All the ones who hadn't cancelled yet had to move dates. So I wasn't allowed to just make a new booking for them while keeping the other one.

You might still be able to try, but I'm thinking this wont work. Plus phone wait times have been atrocious today.
Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

Finally got an email from Delta on the flight I had to cancel that was gift cards/cash. It's not a refund, even though they call it that. It's a credit, that is not showing up in my account yet. I don't know that I will be able to use it. In reading this, what does this expiration mean, book by then? Travel by then? That is the date I booked the flight, travel date was in April.

We’re sorry you couldn’t use your tickets as planned. In response to your request, we have canceled your reservation. When you are ready to rebook your travel, please visit delta.com. Your change fee will be waived. This ticket number xxxxxxxxxx can be used as payment towards a new ticket within one year from 15JAN20 Detailed information regarding ticket changes and validity can be found on our website. If you are a SkyMiles member, the credit will appear in your account on delta.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter