I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to just order as you find things. Waiting will see those things go out of stock. I’ve made orders for 2 or 3 things and then reordered other stuff a week or 10 days later.
I don’t want to pay the $10 delivery fee from target unless it’s a big order

Funny, I started watching News Radio on Antenna TV (actually on antenna), too.

So you can get this channel by antenna? I wrote a whole post on that and accidentally deleted it and then let it go because I wasn't about to plug in the antenna and tv that I had it set up on tocheck it out. I may do that once I get the corner cleared, the desk emptied and pictures moved so I can put said tv on the wall. The sad thing is I have a smart tv sitting there going unused except when the kids plugged it in at xmas to play video on it.

You don’t have a red card? Get one. 5% off everything beats most cc discounts every day. Plus 5% off baby stuff is a win. Plus free ship.
You can get the debit card instead of the red credit card.

Also, @Haley R check office stores for cleaning wipes- Staples, etc. I was able to get some Costco and HEB, but I did not have them on my list and wasn't planning to even look, I just happened upon them while doing our shopping so it might be worth your DH going into a store(s) to check.

I agree. My mom is not quarantining herself and has health issues. She wanted KFC so she took an older friend who can’t drive and they got their carry-out. It’s hard to argue with someone who almost 77 and just wants some company and fried chicken.

My 72 year old aunt posted on Facebook last night that she and her 74 year old husband were thinking of going out for Italian for their anniversary tonight. :sad2: Then my 71 year old aunt (her sister) starts commenting and telling her to get takeout. I commented and reminded her that all restaurants are closed by government mandate. She commented back "it will be a short commute and I think they're open!" 🤦‍♀️

Wait, what? We don’t really need to activate new cards?? 🤯

I think it depends on what the sticker says. I just got my pc'd to cf and the sticket and letter were all about contactless payments nothing about activating. But I'm sure I've had other chase cards that've told me to activate.

I picked up wild bird seed during my foray into Costco this past week, but your post reminded me that I need to think about future bird food for Tati the Cockatiel. (I lost Dock a few months back).

So I ordered 4 different kinds from Chewy just now. She will probably eat them all but, I didn't want to get the 25 pound bag as I figured the end of it might get stale. This way I have 5 sealed bags. I toss what remains in her dish in with the wild bird stuff as I feed both the same time every day. Buying 5 individual bags came out almost the same price as 1 of the 25lb bags. About $2 per pound. PetSmart used to have a 20 pound bag that was $1.50 per pound - store brand - but now they don't sell the big bag and the same food is only available instore at $2.40 a pound and not in stock at my store. Humphh!
Chewy has slower delivery right now but came through with cat food.

Hadn't thought of chewy. Just texted mom to loom at them. Walmart sells the wild bird food for like 7 bucks for 20 lbs so that's what she'd prefer.

Everyone seems to be at starbucks todayb longest line I've ever waited in and I wouldn't have but I brought Buddy along and I generally only take him with me to sb so we can't not get his puppacino but like 10 min in line. I mobile ordered.

I complained yesterday about how packed Menards and Home Depot's parking lot's were yesterday, since we are on 2 weeks of stay at home order. Dd's friend works at Joann Fabrics and she just quit, because apparently they are staying open. I'm sorry, but what absolutely essential items do you need there?? I can't think of any reason that store should be open right now. MN isn't a total hot spot yet, but our deaths doubled from 4-8 overnight, and cases increased 15% overnight.

I don’t want to pay the $10 delivery fee from target unless it’s a big order

These days, $10 is a small price to pay to get what you need. If you can do without it, that's one thing. I'm spending ordering money today, and I know with free delivery the cost is built in. At least I don't have to run out and tip the UPS lady. Although maybe I should have in these trying times.

My 72 year old aunt posted on Facebook last night that she and her 74 year old husband were thinking of going out for Italian for their anniversary tonight. :sad2: Then my 71 year old aunt (her sister) starts commenting and telling her to get takeout. I commented and reminded her that all restaurants are closed by government mandate. She commented back "it will be a short commute and I think they're open!" 🤦‍♀️

Hope she is wrong! I guess it's possible some renegade restaurant owners are playing possum and still letting people in the back door.

You don’t have a red card? Get one. 5% off everything beats most cc discounts every day. Plus 5% off baby stuff is a win. Plus free ship.
I have a red card but I’m talking about delivery of grocery items with Shipt. The red card doesn’t give you free delivery for that only stuff that’s shipped to your house

I think it depends on what the sticker says. I just got my pc'd to cf and the sticket and letter were all about contactless payments nothing about activating. But I'm sure I've had other chase cards that've told me to activate.

Hadn't thought of chewy. Just texted mom to loom at them. Walmart sells the wild bird food for like 7 bucks for 20 lbs so that's what she'd prefer.

Everyone seems to be at starbucks todayb longest line I've ever waited in and I wouldn't have but I brought Buddy along and I generally only take him with me to sb so we can't not get his puppacino but like 10 min in line. I mobile ordered.

Costco sells 40 lbs for $15. I ration them -wild birds and squirrels - to one a month.

Haha on the Puppacino - my ex used to take his dog through the drive through for burgers. The dog got a bunless one.

Well, I argue with my 77 yo mom. A lot. But we pretty much encourage her to stay home every winter since she has COPD and is on oxygen as well as an immune disorder for which she gets monthly infusions. It has worked because she has not had the flu nor gotten pneumonia in the past. Knock wood to not jinx us. She complains and whines now that she is lonely and I feel bad, but we’re really trying to keep her safe. Now that we have COVID 19 positive patients where I work, my family and I can’t visit and I won’t even do her shopping (which is our norm, we do most of her errands) My sister is now responsible for all of it (as well as cleaning moms house since her house cleaner can no longer come). It sucks. A lot. But hopefully worth it.
Yeah, this is the woman who fell and Couldn’t get up, called my sister instead of 911 and ended up in the hospital with serious blood clots. We get her Apple Watch so it will call. She wears it, falls, it calls 911 and even though she can’t get up tells them no she does’t need help. I gave her h*** but she doesn’t care. So I have learned to pick my fight. Unfortunately, some days I think she is just ready to go visit my dad and stepdad.

I have a red card but I’m talking about delivery of grocery items with Shipt. The red card doesn’t give you free delivery for that only stuff that’s shipped to your house
Sorry you were talking wipes and disinfectant not grocery. I was talking Target shipping not Shipt.

You can get the debit card instead of the red credit card.

Also, @Haley R check office stores for cleaning wipes- Staples, etc. I was able to get some Costco and HEB, but I did not have them on my list and wasn't planning to even look, I just happened upon them while doing our shopping so it might be worth your DH going into a store(s) to check.
I looked at staples and they have Clorox wipes online but it’s double the price of what target charges. I can’t decide if it’s worth it or not

Okay - here's wishful thinking on my part: My vacation at Hilton Head was cut short at Disney. They returned my points, and I tentatively may or may not lose a few.

Top of the page has the details for Disney's offer of free dining, etc.

Wonder if they would let me book a couple of nights of that offer?? I booked a DVC late September for 1 night. Then I have Oct 5,6,7. So somewhere between Sep 27-30 or Sep 30 to Oct 5? This is just a thought and probably very unrealistic as I am already having doubts about fall at Disney and was thinking of switching my November booked points to Feb or March of 2021.

I just like to plan getaways!

I looked at staples and they have Clorox wipes online but it’s double the price of what target charges. I can’t decide if it’s worth it or not
Maybe worth it for a package or 2 for peace of mind. Think of all the $ saved on travel and apply to wipes. Lol. Plus 5x points on the right card.
ETA Also you probably don’t need a ton of wipes , just for items coming in from outside. Not needed for inside cleaning like doorknobs and such if you’re not going out. My usual use for them is that type of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter