I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been trying to get Lysol spray and Clorox wipes for over a week online and just can’t do it. We aren’t going into any stores until after the baby is here. It’s not worth the risk. I wish we could get those things online but I’ve been unsuccessful so far.

I was able to get an online order through the other day at Sam's Club. They were limiting online orders to 1 package of wipes. Seems that they go in and out of stock, so just keep checking.

I was able to get an online order through the other day at Sam's Club. They were limiting online orders to 1 package of wipes. Seems that they go in and out of stock, so just keep checking.

Thanks! I had forgotten completely that DD has $20 on the account that I had her set up in late January/early February. Might as well place some kind of order with that credit and maybe a little more money. She's forgotten as the account meant nada to her - just putting up with Mom and her credit card stuff...I'll let her know she's helping again.

Anyone in CA, especially the Bay Area, have any luck with Instacart recently? @Lain, @CaliforniaGirl09, @NewbieMom or anyone else?

I don't use instacart, so I'm not sure. I have a friend who works at Shipt, and he's been filling tons of orders everyday. He tips me off on what inventory is like at safeway/costco/target, so I don't have to waste a trip out. He did mention there are several hundred orders every day and lots don't get filled. Sorry...

Anyone in CA, especially the Bay Area, have any luck with Instacart recently? @Lain, @CaliforniaGirl09, @NewbieMom or anyone else?
My DD in SF said last night she thought the Instacart delivery people were talking about a strike? She and her housemates have been staying in and getting all groceries delivered so they are concerned.

news story - https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/cor...n-working-conditions-during-pandemic/2263365/

Guess it is nationwide, but instacart is based in SF.

I wanted Lysol spray and Clorox wipes for when we get groceries or packages sent to the house but I guess we’ll just have to wash our hands really well. When I say “we” I mean Dh because I’m not touching anything that comes in the house for 2 days at least
If you would like to PM me your address I can send you a pack I picked up for the dog shelter where dd volunteers (she's not going currently since we are under "shelter in place").

Any board game suggestions? MIL lives in another state, on her own and in her 80's. We've played board games over Facetime with her the past few days, mostly Boggle and last night we tried Sketch It (which was hilarious).

I've been teaching DD how to sew during this time off. Her first project: a face mask. I think we'll aim for her next project to be a happier one.

Woke up to the store asking about substituions and all were ok. But they are out of bird seed which seems so weird. So the poor birds will have to wait a week for our walmart order. I also need to figure out how they're doing that, I'm guessing it's like target and I just submiy and cross my fingers. If that's the case I think I'll submit it late on Friday so it gets filled sat morning after stuff has been stocked. Hoping I don't have to go in to pick it up but we're not sure how it works.

don't get me started....:sad2: it's the same here..... none of this isolation will do much good until they get serious enough to close these businesses to all customers except for certain hours of the day. My DH is still required to work,my DS was required to go into office until he just stopped bc he was feeling sick.... people are out and about.... so what's the point of me staying home in all this? is my daily question....

I respectfully disagree with the bold part of the statement. I will concede the fact that the impact if far less than if ALL were self isolating.

Now I am going to address the point you ask that I have colored purple by answering why I am self isolating. It is possible that at any given point in time I could be positive for COVID19 and have no symptoms what so ever. This statement is true for every human being on this planet.

If I choose to stay home as much as possible then I am reducing the possibility of infecting another person. If I choose to leave my house and happen to unknowingly be masquerading as a walking petri dish of COVID19, then I am putting others at risk.

When I get too close to someone and clear my throat, exhale deeply, I could be leaving the virus lingering in the air. If I cough or sneeze and forget to do it inside my elbow or a tissue, that virus can hang in the air for a couple of hours and someone can walk through that space I just walked past later on and breathe it in. When I open a door, pick up merchandise from a shelf and put it back, inspect a piece of fruit at the grocery store and put it back, place my hands on any surface that another person may also place their hands, I could be leaving the virus behind. When someone else touches that surface and then touches their face, I have infected them and anyone they come into contact with. What if that unknown person is over 60, asthmatic like me, has high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, has cancer or lives with someone who does? By leaving my house, I increase the possibility that I unknowingly just killed someone. I can't control what others will or won't do. I can only control my own actions. Everyday that I don't leave my house, I can go to bed knowing that I did not play a part in someone else coming down with COVID19 and dying.

This is why I stay home as much as possible. I hope this helps :flower3:

Last edited:
I’ve been trying to get Lysol spray and Clorox wipes for over a week online and just can’t do it. We aren’t going into any stores until after the baby is here. It’s not worth the risk. I wish we could get those things online but I’ve been unsuccessful so far.
I’m not sure you will find either. I haven’t seen them in weeks. You can check the CDC list for what works and see if you can find an alternative available.
I live in a small community in northern MN. Our hospital has about 12 ventilators if we count the ones used in surgery. There might be another 12 at another local hospital. Northern MN is definitely not a hot spot but there are discussions of Covid cases in the area. DGD is fortunate that her other grandparents live close and she goes for sleepovers with cousins. DGD came home sick last time because one cousin was sick and the other was sent to grandparents house. Under normal circumstances that is a non-issue for me, kids get sick. Then I started thinking that this other side of the family may not be as good at social distancing as they could be and DD2 and husband don’t think much about it.
Well, last night I was thinking about the availability of ventilators in the area and realizing that if a shortage happens the 39yo Down Syndrome girl (DD1) may not be high on the list of recipients. I had discussion with DH and pointed out that until we have some better options maybe DGD should not come over or we could get together outside ( I sure wish this snow would go away). Am I being crazy? I know we can’t control everything in life, but I’m convinced one of the many intelligent people in the world will find some kind of an answer and things will get better.
First I think you are right to be concerned for your DD. If other family members don’t Social distance, it’s right to keep your family away. My sister lives a mile away with her 3 kids. DS and nephew are same age and best buds. We have not seen them in 2 weeks. I work in a hospital that has COVID 19 positive patients, so no visiting. My mom lives 4 blocks away and I can no longer visit her either. I am WFH the next 2 weeks, so maybe before I go back in to work, we can have a few visits.
Second we are not at the level of rationing ventilators. We may never be there, not sure it will be allowed.
I think that unfortunately you are right. You need to protect your other daughter. However, to put your mind at ease, no one is going to be rationing ventilators based on disability. I think 2 states tried that but were shot down by the feds.
Totally agree.
The one thing I NEVER make is plain old basic chicken soup
DSs favorite soup is pretty much plain old chicken. During the winter I probably make it once a week. Celery, onions, carrots sautéed, then add poultry seasoning and chicken broth. My mom makes homemade noodles, but after work I don’t have time for that, so I cheat and use frozen noodles. I try to sneak in extra veg by grating in a zucchini or adding some finely chopped spinach or kale but DS prefers it plain.

Last edited:
As I stumble into my bathroom each time I wake up in the middle of the night, I wonder if my internal clock will ever reset. Getting up for work was usually alarm set for 3:10am. Most of the time I would be lying awake waiting for it to sound off.

Last evening I got caught up with numerous Murphy Brown episodes. Drifted off too early. Laptop still had some charge so I read for awhile. This resulted in sleeping until 7:30am and messing up my schedule.

So upset to see the Mt Airy story - people should not have to end their lives like this. It's one thing to get older and die peacefully, and I'm talking about people in their 80tiesto 90ties, not youngsters like me, and another thing to be forced out of this world in a hurry.

Stay safe. Stay distant and use your social media and internet/cell connections to get together.
I agree. My mom is not quarantining herself and has health issues. She wanted KFC so she took an older friend who can’t drive and they got their carry-out. It’s hard to argue with someone who almost 77 and just wants some company and fried chicken.

DDs new CIP arrived but we have not been able to activate it. We called the number but the automated confirmation didn’t work and we were not able to transfer to an agent. I tried to set up a new account online but it said info didn’t match. Super frustrating! Need to use that card for some pent up bills. :sad:
Isn’t “activating” a Chase card merely an empty ceremony anyways? I have 5+ Chase cards that I never activated when I go to that screen on the website and yet I’ve used them all with no problems.

I agree. My mom is not quarantining herself and has health issues. She wanted KFC so she took an older friend who can’t drive and they got their carry-out. It’s hard to argue with someone who almost 77 and just wants some company and fried chicken.
Well, I argue with my 77 yo mom. A lot. But we pretty much encourage her to stay home every winter since she has COPD and is on oxygen as well as an immune disorder for which she gets monthly infusions. It has worked because she has not had the flu nor gotten pneumonia in the past. Knock wood to not jinx us. She complains and whines now that she is lonely and I feel bad, but we’re really trying to keep her safe. Now that we have COVID 19 positive patients where I work, my family and I can’t visit and I won’t even do her shopping (which is our norm, we do most of her errands) My sister is now responsible for all of it (as well as cleaning moms house since her house cleaner can no longer come). It sucks. A lot. But hopefully worth it.

If I choose to stay home as much as possible then I am reducing the possibility of infecting another person. If I choose to leave my house and happen to unknowingly be masquerading as a walking petri dish of COVID19, then I am putting others at risk.

When I get to close to someone and clear my throat, exhale deeply, I could be leaving the virus lingering in the air. If I cough or sneeze and forget to do it inside my elbow or a tissue, that virus can hang in the air for a couple of hours and someone can walk through that space I just walked past later on and breathe it in. When I open a door, pick up merchandise from a shelf and put it back, inspect a piece of fruit at the grocery store and put it back, place my hands on any surface that another person may also place their hands, I could be leaving the virus behind. When someone else touches that surface and then touches their face, I have infected them and anyone they come into contact with. What if that unknown person is over 60, asthmatic like me, has high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, has cancer or lives with someone who does? By leaving my house, I increase the possibility that I unknowingly just killed someone. I can't control what others will or won't do. I can only control my own actions. Everyday that I don't eave my house, I can go to bed knowing that I did not play a part in someone else coming down with COVID19 and dying.

This is why I stay home as much as possible. I hope this helps :flower3:

Kudos to you @calypso726, and very eloquently stated! We would have much less to worry about if everyone felt the way you did.

I don’t have a sams club membership so I’ve been looking at Walmart, amazon, and target. We have a target order started for delivery and things keep coming off of it. We weren’t going to order until next weekend so hopefully some of them go back in stock

Woke up to the store asking about substituions and all were ok. But they are out of bird seed which seems so weird. So the poor birds will have to wait a week for our walmart order. I also need to figure out how they're doing that, I'm guessing it's like target and I just submiy and cross my fingers. If that's the case I think I'll submit it late on Friday so it gets filled sat morning after stuff has been stocked. Hoping I don't have to go in to pick it up but we're not sure how it works.

I picked up wild bird seed during my foray into Costco this past week, but your post reminded me that I need to think about future bird food for Tati the Cockatiel. (I lost Dock a few months back).

So I ordered 4 different kinds from Chewy just now. She will probably eat them all but, I didn't want to get the 25 pound bag as I figured the end of it might get stale. This way I have 5 sealed bags. I toss what remains in her dish in with the wild bird stuff as I feed both the same time every day. Buying 5 individual bags came out almost the same price as 1 of the 25lb bags. About $2 per pound. PetSmart used to have a 20 pound bag that was $1.50 per pound - store brand - but now they don't sell the big bag and the same food is only available instore at $2.40 a pound and not in stock at my store. Humphh!
Chewy has slower delivery right now but came through with cat food.

Any board game suggestions? MIL lives in another state, on her own and in her 80's. We've played board games over Facetime with her the past few days, mostly Boggle and last night we tried Sketch It (which was hilarious).

I've been teaching DD how to sew during this time off. Her first project: a face mask. I think we'll aim for her next project to be a happier one.
We love the disney color brain game.

I don’t have a sams club membership so I’ve been looking at Walmart, amazon, and target. We have a target order started for delivery and things keep coming off of it. We weren’t going to order until next weekend so hopefully some of them go back in stock
You need to just order as you find things. Waiting will see those things go out of stock. I’ve made orders for 2 or 3 things and then reordered other stuff a week or 10 days later.
Also a Sam’s membership can be really cheap. Check BJs also. Worth a few $ if they have what you need. Think outside your usual. Be creative

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter