I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at staples and they have Clorox wipes online but it’s double the price of what target charges. I can’t decide if it’s worth it or not
There may be a Staples coupon. I was able to get tp delivered from Staples this week along with some trash bags and printer ink. I had a coupon that brought the cost of everything down so that the prices were comparable to sale prices I usually pay elsewhere. Plus, I went through a portal.

Edit: Just read your post. That stinks about being out of stock.

Based on this new free dining deal for those with reservations thru 5/31, I have a few questions.
I booked a honeymoon in May for my newly married DD and her husband.
1) Can they get the free dining even if their reservation isn't canceled b/c the park opens before then?
2) I know it says those that have a room only reservation can qualify, but do I have to buy park tickets from them? I already bought them from UT.
3) Am I correct in assuming if the parks/resorts before her May dates and she keeps current ressie, they won't get the free dining b/c that begins June 1?
Thanks!

Last edited:
They have free shipping.

So, I ordered the wipes plus some Mr. Clean and the order went through and then I got an email saying the items were unavailable and the order couldn't be filled.

The only wipes I have are my toxic container of Purell from my back of closet. But, I've got several jugs of Clorox so lookout germs! or Virus!

I found a pack of Clorox wipes and it said free shipping but when I went to order it said out of stock. It said I can pick it up at the store but that defeats the purpose unfortunately

I didn't get the pick up at store option and the store is close enough to hit it with a golf swing.

Costco sells 40 lbs for $15. I ration them -wild birds and squirrels - to one a month.

Haha on the Puppacino - my ex used to take his dog through the drive through for burgers. The dog got a bunless one.

Thank you for mentioning chewy! Mom orders buddy's supplement from there but forgets about it for most other stuff. She got the bird seed and the canned food from there and it says it'll be here in 7 to 10 days. Hopefully sooner but as of now it saves me from having to do a walmart order and can just stick with our reg grocery pick up again next sunday.

I didn't get the pick up at store option and the store is close enough to hit it with a golf swing.
Well that’s weird. Our staples is a good 20-25 minute drive. If we have to go into a store Dh would just go to Walmart early in the morning

managed to redo my CIP app this morning. it did go through this time. the 80k/$5k offer was still working via P1's support link.

In my world of small annoyances, DS1 tripped and broke one of the support bars on DD's co-sleeper when he caught himself yesterday. So now the sleeping surface is super crooked and it's not really repairable. Of course the 2nd hand store is "non-essential" so they are closed, and I'm not seeing any on marketplace. We are SO not ready to transition her to her crib yet, but I might have to. I'm not ready, and she's still eating 3-5x a night. Her crib is set up literally 3 feet away, but that will still mean I'll have to get completely up and out of bed 3-5x a night now.

We have a crib attached to the bed. Maybe that could be an option for you. We removed one side so it's basically just a large co sleeper. I totally agree getting fully out of bed to nurse at night is not something I want to be doing 😂

DH is still working. His jobs are considered essential because they are infrastructure. I am thankful he is still working and also wish he wasn't. The kids and I haven't left the house in 3 weeks now. He does grocery pick up for us and we've been disinfecting everything that comes in the house and leaving packages out for 3 days before bringing them in. We are normally not very "germaphobic" but I just really don't want the kids to get sick again. The flu we had in December was bad enough, and now that we have an infant at home I'm just taking no chances.

In CC news I feel weird about applying for another card right now. We still have plenty of spend with groceries, deliveries, etc. But it feels like such a weird time, I haven't let myself think much about points. Maybe if I just go ahead and apply it will make me feel a little better.

So you can get this channel by antenna? I wrote a whole post on that and accidentally deleted it and then let it go because I wasn't about to plug in the antenna and tv that I had it set up on tocheck it out. I may do that once I get the corner cleared, the desk emptied and pictures moved so I can put said tv on the wall. The sad thing is I have a smart tv sitting there going unused except when the kids plugged it in at xmas to play video on it.

Yep, you can get a feel for what channels you could get at antennaweb.org. My experience is you need to be within about 20 miles of the transmitter(s).

I complained yesterday about how packed Menards and Home Depot's parking lot's were yesterday, since we are on 2 weeks of stay at home order. Dd's friend works at Joann Fabrics and she just quit, because apparently they are staying open. I'm sorry, but what absolutely essential items do you need there?? I can't think of any reason that store should be open right now. MN isn't a total hot spot yet, but our deaths doubled from 4-8 overnight, and cases increased 15% overnight.

I can think of one, rather heartwarming, reason, but still remains doubtful in my mind that a fabric store is essential. Several people are sewing, and learning to sew, fabric face masks. These go over the top of the real face mask in an effort to allow the N95 masks to be used longer. The fabric masks can be washed and reused.

I respectfully disagree with the bold part of the statement. I will concede the fact that the impact if far less than if ALL were self isolating.

Now I am going to address the point you ask that I have colored purple by answering why I am self isolating. It is possible that at any given point in time I could be positive for COVID19 and have no symptoms what so ever. This statement is true for every human being on this planet.

If I choose to stay home as much as possible then I am reducing the possibility of infecting another person. If I choose to leave my house and happen to unknowingly be masquerading as a walking petri dish of COVID19, then I am putting others at risk.

When I get too close to someone and clear my throat, exhale deeply, I could be leaving the virus lingering in the air. If I cough or sneeze and forget to do it inside my elbow or a tissue, that virus can hang in the air for a couple of hours and someone can walk through that space I just walked past later on and breathe it in. When I open a door, pick up merchandise from a shelf and put it back, inspect a piece of fruit at the grocery store and put it back, place my hands on any surface that another person may also place their hands, I could be leaving the virus behind. When someone else touches that surface and then touches their face, I have infected them and anyone they come into contact with. What if that unknown person is over 60, asthmatic like me, has high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, has cancer or lives with someone who does? By leaving my house, I increase the possibility that I unknowingly just killed someone. I can't control what others will or won't do. I can only control my own actions. Everyday that I don't leave my house, I can go to bed knowing that I did not play a part in someone else coming down with COVID19 and dying.

This is why I stay home as much as possible. I hope this helps :flower3:

I heartily agree with you @calypso726 My sis is a doc, and we are in CA so we've been following this pandemic for a couple months. She's been on a FB group of women's docs and seen what was coming. This article is great and is in line with exactly what you've said: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2020/03/the-story-of-a-coronavirus-infection.html

In the Bay Area we have been in shelter in place for almost 2 weeks--the longest in the nation. My family has been in for 16 days since we were traveling in the UK. The next week is going to be huge to see what kind of effect we've had on our curve: https://www.politico.com/states/cal...as-nations-social-distance-bellwether-1269032

@Haley R - I'm convinced if you find something online re:sanitizing wipes, order it before you talk about it.

The wipes have been now classed as out of stock online where they were showing available just a few minutes ago. I got them into my cart and checked out before they went to out of stock online.

May be that some tech smart people are watching availability with some kind of bot and grabbing stuff to resell. Toilet paper on amazon is already what I consider double the price for no name.

@Haley R - I'm convinced if you find something online re:sanitizing wipes, order it before you talk about it.

The wipes have been now classed as out of stock online where they were showing available just a few minutes ago. I got them into my cart and checked out before they went to out of stock online.

May be that some tech smart people are watching availability with some kind of bot and grabbing stuff to resell. Toilet paper on amazon is already what I consider double the price for no name.

And I was just on boxed because I saw the amex offer I have for it and though ok why not. They don't have anything in their paper products section, I didn't look at cleaning.

@Haley R I realize you guys are trying to not leave the house as we all are, but your DH may just have to leave the house or go without. And if you are worried about it now, it's better he go now to start the 14 day clock then to wait another week or two.

We aren’t completely out of wipes so I wasn’t too worried but next time I’ll try ordering right away. I guess it didn’t matter in this case because it wouldn’t let me order anyway

And I was just on boxed because I saw the amex offer I have for it and though ok why not. They don't have anything in their paper products section, I didn't look at cleaning.

@Haley R I realize you guys are trying to not leave the house as we all are, but your DH may just have to leave the house or go without. And if you are worried about it now, it's better he go now to start the 14 day clock then to wait another week or two.
Yeah at this point we’re okay going without. If we were in a dire need Dh would go into the store

I can think of one, rather heartwarming, reason, but still remains doubtful in my mind that a fabric store is essential. Several people are sewing, and learning to sew, fabric face masks. These go over the top of the real face mask in an effort to allow the N95 masks to be used longer. The fabric masks can be washed and reused.
Yes, the homemade face mask is gaining steam, and there are lots of tutorials and videos available. I'm experimenting with various patterns, using my fabric/notions stash at home. Elastic is a popular component of these masks, so I could see Joanns being a good source for it if they have it in stock. Personally, I think everyone going out in public should wear their own reusable face mask (save the disposable ones for healthcare workers to use) to cut down on any expelled droplets, even if they are asymptomatic since asymptomatic carriers are helping to spread the virus. Doing so without touching your face is kind of challenging though. In a pinch, a bandana could be used, and in fact the CDC has issued a statement that healthcare workers can use those instead of a surgical mask as a last resort (I guess something is better than nothing, but that is pathetic).

So I just ran out to stock up since this is my week with DS who eats a lot. Hit costco first. They are wiping all carts, lots of signs about social distancing, and the entrance is a maze (to limit the number of people going in). Lines were short. Tons of people wearing masks and gloves. I got what I needed an was out quickly. Publix was okay. No flour. Carts were cleaned. Kroger was also okay and I was surprised they were cleaning carts. They also didn't have flour. I have enough for a week or so so I may try Publix Wednesday morning (I'm thinking they are pretty stocked for seniors hour (7-8) as they should be which is what I found last Wednesday at 8AM).

All that said, I'm not getting desensitized to how weird this is. It felt way weirder today.

Making brownies with DD tonight and watching Jumanji. She's studying for the SAT (if she can ever take it) and I'm going to lose myself in some mindless book on my kindle:)

Yes, the homemade face mask is gaining steam, and there are lots of tutorials and videos available. I'm experimenting with various patterns, using my fabric/notions stash at home. Elastic is a popular component of these masks, so I could see Joanns being a good source for it if they have it in stock. Personally, I think everyone going out in public should wear their own reusable face mask (save the disposable ones for healthcare workers to use) to cut down on any expelled droplets, even if they are asymptomatic since asymptomatic carriers are helping to spread the virus. Doing so without touching your face is kind of challenging though. In a pinch, a bandana could be used, and in fact the CDC has issued a statement that healthcare workers can use those instead of a surgical mask as a last resort (I guess something is better than nothing, but that is pathetic).
I know they were totally out of elastic this week, as I have a friend who was making them. Seems there could be a way to do that without having the store open to the public, phone orders, or something, since they know what's needed since so many people have been doing it.

Hi everyone, popping in with a cc question!

My AF on my Citi AA Biz card is coming up in May. I have never used the $200 credit and am very unlikely to do so, especially now. Does it still work to buy a gift card on the AA site? If so, it is an automatic credit like CSR or do I need to go in and do it manually like my Arrival+?

Thanks!

Best wishes on your project, and I like your idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter