I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2200 square feet.

I’m frugal but we’re definitely not painting it ourselves. Ds and I have the attention span of a gnat. And I have zero confidence in our ability to do it right.

Our house is 2715 sqft and quotes last summer came in $8,500~$10,000 for painting and staining a few posts. Insurance company originally came back with $3,500 but has since come up to $6,500... Still cannot find anyone that will do it for that amount that has good references. Insurance company says I need to tell companies I will only pay $6,500 and make them figure out how to do it for that... I was like NO WAY, they'd cut corners, use cheap paint or something to make the difference up! Insurance company says I am wrong they would never do anything like that. popcorn::

Our house is 2715 sqft and quotes last summer came in $8,500~$10,000 for painting and staining a few posts. Insurance company originally came back with $3,500 but has since come up to $6,500... Still cannot find anyone that will do it for that amount that has good references. Insurance company says I need to tell companies I will only pay $6,500 and make them figure out how to do it for that... I was like NO WAY, they'd cut corners, use cheap paint or something to make the difference up! Insurance company says I am wrong they would never do anything like that. popcorn::

So which insurance company is that? And are they offering you referrals?

This is an interesting subject to me as sooner or later I have to make the white look white again.

Are you using Shipt because it's the only service available in your area? I've been using Instacart and they consistently have delivery slots - might be 2 or 3 days out but there hasn't been anytime when there were none. Well, Publix liquors didn't have any last weekend but I think that has more to do with the fact that there aren't very many Publix liquors here than with Instacart :drinking1. Instacart is more expensive than going to the store but I have really liked their service. Here, they have Publix, Target, Winn Dixie, Aldi, the Fresh Market, CVS, a couple of liquor stores.
We’re using shipt because it works well with target. I like being able to go through the target app to get their circle offers and use my circle rewards. I also don’t shop at any of the other stores offered (Publix, cvs, aldi). I did check Instacart last night for target and there weren’t any times available with them either. Dh just got lucky this morning.

I've been bad today, lol. MAC emailed me about the new Selena collection preorder and I kind of lost my mind. I have been on a makeup no buy for several months but 1) I love love love Selena 2) this collection looks a lot better than the first one they did a while back and 3) I'm a quarantine gremlin who needs pretty things to stay sane right now. A couple of pieces already sold out on preorder which is pretty much par for the course so I was so quick I didn't even go through the UR portal to checkout. In my defense the last time a hot new collection came out and I tried to go through UR first things were literally sold out as they sat in my cart lol.

So which insurance company is that? And are they offering you referrals?

This is an interesting subject to me as sooner or later I have to make the white look white again.

State Farm and not really... They gave me a list of roofers but I didn't like any of them and went with one I used in the past.

I've been bad today, lol. MAC emailed me about the new Selena collection preorder and I kind of lost my mind. I have been on a makeup no buy for several months but 1) I love love love Selena 2) this collection looks a lot better than the first one they did a while back and 3) I'm a quarantine gremlin who needs pretty things to stay sane right now. A couple of pieces already sold out on preorder which is pretty much par for the course so I was so quick I didn't even go through the UR portal to checkout. In my defense the last time a hot new collection came out and I tried to go through UR first things were literally sold out as they sat in my cart lol.
I know the Selena collection is SUPER popular! Congrats to you! Although this is not my thing, several of my friends also got in on this. In my opinion, you have to treat yourself to stay sane during this pandemic!

I too was a bad girl today. Just ordered the Dooney & Bourke Disney Dog Sketch Crossbody and cosmetic bag. I have been eyeing the Disney Dooney dog collections for years now. Each time I have hesitated and of course lost out when they sold out. I didn't hesitate this time.... I absolutely LOVE the new collection and thought "Hey, we're not spending on anything else right now, why not?!" I do have that CIP MSR to meet :rotfl2:

I know the Selena collection is SUPER popular! Congrats to you! Although this is not my thing, several of my friends also got in on this. In my opinion, you have to treat yourself to stay sane during this pandemic!

I too was a bad girl today. Just ordered the Dooney & Bourke Disney Dog Sketch Crossbody and cosmetic bag. I have been eyeing the Disney Dooney dog collections for years now. Each time I have hesitated and of course lost out when they sold out. I didn't hesitate this time.... I absolutely LOVE the new collection and thought "Hey, we're not spending on anything else right now, why not?!" I do have that CIP MSR to meet :rotfl2:

Aw those are so cute though! Listen, just think, we're doing our part lol.

I've always wanted to get in on the Dooneys but I can never bring myself to pull the trigger...I've had my eye on the sketch style with the park icons for a while. Maybe that will be my treat when we get back to the parks.

Checked my UR balance this morning and I have 83,000+ points coming my way from my CIP :yay::yay::yay:! Super excited to add to my collection! Doesn't look like I received the referral bonus (even though I squeaked my application in before they changed the wording).

Also my TD bank bonus made it to my account 2 weeks ago! Transferred the money out of the account and will close in 30 days. Super easy, but it took 4.5 months to get the bonus. Looking at WF bonus next.

Aw those are so cute though! Listen, just think, we're doing our part lol.

I've always wanted to get in on the Dooneys but I can never bring myself to pull the trigger...I've had my eye on the sketch style with the park icons for a while. Maybe that will be my treat when we get back to the parks.
Yes, exactly. We're stimulating the economy. That's my excuse at least. I am hardly able to justify the expense to DH, I just keep saying "but it'll make me happy! And you know I've wanted one forever!" haha. I hope you get back to the parks sooner than later (I hope we all have that chance) and you're able to pull the trigger on a Dooney as a celebration to this pandemic ending! 😆

We finally found a set of legos on amazon that weren’t by a third party! We used the Amex 20% when you apply 1 point and then reloaded our amazon gc with my CSR to help meet that spend. I’m super excited!!! This same set is backordered on the LEGO website

Attachments

• 623B83DC-5D70-42B1-BDFF-5240921CBE49.jpeg
    623B83DC-5D70-42B1-BDFF-5240921CBE49.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 41
I’m dying over here at these house painting prices. We paid $1500 cash in 2009/10 to have our 2200sq ft house painted, and because we paid cash he painted the interior of our backyard block wall at no additional charge. Now I realize that was 10 years ago, but $1500 to what you guys are being quoted is a huge jump. I know we got a pretty good deal because the economy was in the toilet in ‘09/10, and our painter was actually the contractor who did most of the local new builds. Well back then houses weren’t selling and he told me he was literally going door to door looking for work. Now you guys have me realizing the next paint job may not be such a bargain.

I’m dying over here at these house painting prices. We paid $1500 cash in 2009/10 to have our 2200sq ft house painted, and because we paid cash he painted the interior of our backyard block wall at no additional charge. Now I realize that was 10 years ago, but $1500 to what you guys are being quoted is a huge jump. I know we got a pretty good deal because the economy was in the toilet in ‘09/10, and our painter was actually the contractor who did most of the local new builds. Well back then houses weren’t selling and he told me he was literally going door to door looking for work. Now you guys have me realizing the next paint job may not be such a bargain.

So just the mid-level paint is probably about $500 for my house. And they have to powerwash. Plus my price includes staining a 400 square foot deck.

You definitely got a fantastic deal.

It’s funny because my second estimate is only quoting me for one coat. Apples to apples is never easy with contractor estimates. I’ll ask him the price for two coats but I’m somewhat concerned he is only suggesting one. Not changing the color much but I am under the impression two coats will look better and last longer. But I also am generally clueless on these types of things.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here or not, but I'm hearing a lot about auto insurance companies offering relief for premiums since cars aren't being used, accidents aren't happening, etc. I'm sure each insurer is handling the situation differently, but thought I'd mention it here in case it helps anyone!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here or not, but I'm hearing a lot about auto insurance companies offering relief for premiums since cars aren't being used, accidents aren't happening, etc. I'm sure each insurer is handling the situation differently, but thought I'd mention it here in case it helps anyone!
Good reminder. I called Geico but they weren’t super helpful. My insurance is now about $1000/6 months and they refunded me $56 for the five months I have left. It’s better than nothing. And I will call back when our cars are used normally again.

Good reminder. I called Geico but they weren’t super helpful. My insurance is now about $1000/6 months and they refunded me $56 for the five months I have left. It’s better than nothing. And I will call back when our cars are used normally again.
Obviously there are a lot of variables that factor into this. We have 2 cars with Allstate in PA and we are paying $450 per 6 mos. We are older with no kids at home though. I have found it is worth it to shop around every few years. All companies seem to become complacent with their current customers. Just like I shop around for gas and electircity suppliers every few years.

Obviously there are a lot of variables that factor into this. We have 2 cars with Allstate in PA and we are paying $450 per 6 mos. We are older with no kids at home though. I have found it is worth it to shop around every few years. All companies seem to become complacent with their current customers. Just like I shop around for gas and electircity suppliers every few years.
Yes my rate tripled when I added a new car and a 16-year old driver. I have shopped around and this rate is competitive. My point was Geico wasn’t being super generous about reducing the premium due to dramatically reduced usage.

I don't think that is necessarily true. I can see my DDs activities I think because I friended them on there. I have paid or been paid by my mom, my sisters, my brother etc. I can't see their activity. Actually, if I click on them I can see who they paid or were paid, but not the amount. I think you would have to search that person out to see their stuff because I am sure I have plenty of people in my contacts that use it but I don't see them. It doesn't bother me for people to see who I have paid. I actually try to make the note funny because other people can see it.

I can see anyone in my contacts who isn’t set to private. I don’t have to search for them or “friend” them on Venmo. I even see people that I have never sent or received money from. You are correct that no amounts are shown. I don’t need people to see who I am sending to or receiving money from. I keep it private.

On the puzzle front, Alamo Drafthouse has some movie themed ones that are available for pre-order on their Mondo Shop. Jurassic Park, Alien, Home Alone, etc. I saw them when I went on there to buy a t-shirt in support of their employee fund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter