I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also was surprised to login to our internet bill with comcast to see a credit because they are giving everyone free unlimited internet march 13 to may 13 and we already pay for it. So while I was happy about that I also had the, but my MSR! thought. But at the rate I'm going and with groceries, I think I'll have it done in the 3 months without a problem which is good. Have another long list for stock up this weekend.

No Comcast credit for me. I assume we have unlimited internet access. If we have a limit, that is news to me. Didn't know you could get internet with a limit.

I just have no travel enthusiasm at the moment as everything keeps getting canceled. We should be in DL for a Easter Break instead our big excitement was running to PF Chang’s and stocking up on lo mein for DS. He has 4 servings left that I told him he could have one a week so a month until another run is needed. I made sure to grab a jug of “Joe” filled with margaritas while we were out from a local spot.
I feel ya'..... today I was supposed to on an epically fun plane ride with my entire family including a bunch of kiddos.... to Universal for a week onsite:guilty: instead I made some ridiculous 'travel' videos for my nieces and nephews to watch on the ipad... (I took my Duffy bear on an 'airplane vacation'.... ah well. I'm still hopeful for a reboot.

Marriott sent me an email about how I'm getting extra elite nights since I have both a personal and a business credit card. It won't help me get to Platinum and I'm still probably cancelling my SPG Biz card, but hopefully it will benefit someone.

Is there any tax professionals or people with college kids that can answer a question? DD is in her last year. Every year her 1098-T reported Fall and Spring tuition payments. This year they billed spring a few days later than usual and her 1098-T only has Fall. From what I understand you can only do the education credits 4 years. So she has 3 years of full Fall/Spring and this last year is only partial. Isn't this messing things up? Or am I overthinking it? I haven't started taxes yet but I keep thinking about this. She can't max out the education credit with only 1 semester of tuition.

Marriott sent me an email about how I'm getting extra elite nights since I have both a personal and a business credit card. It won't help me get to Platinum and I'm still probably cancelling my SPG Biz card, but hopefully it will benefit someone.

I think we already mentioned that here, can't keep straight where I see things. But if you missed it, they are also extending current status for another year. So if you already had Platinum last year then you are good. I wonder if they will keep the double credit for biz and personal or if it is a one time thing.

I think we already mentioned that here, can't keep straight where I see things. But if you missed it, they are also extending current status for another year. So if you already had Platinum last year then you are good. I wonder if they will keep the double credit for biz and personal or if it is a one time thing.
Got it. I just got the email today. I'm gold so no status to extend:)

:hug:

You all will need to hold me up if we have to cancel the Sept Australia trip.

I haven't purchased any in a month. I have enough on hand to pay for dining and one special event (dessert party or similar) should we be able to go at the holidays/January. I would need to get some more for our DVC dues if we aren't able to go then. Oodles of time.

My overall spending has really gone down. We are getting takeout once a week, for which I over tip, but that and groceries and the odd amazon purchase are way below my usual spending.

College dd really needs sneakers but how the heck do you order shoes without trying them on? Her perfectly good sneakers are sitting in her on-campus apartment along with the rest of her shoes, and she has no idea what brand they are. She has a very high instep which means many shoes don't fit at all. Funny story---when she was packing to come home for spring break (before the uni announced kids would be home for an additional two weeks), she remembered all the important things except shoes other than the boots on her feet :rotfl:
I get all of my shoes from amazon. I mostly only buy ASICS so I know my size in them

Is there any tax professionals or people with college kids that can answer a question? DD is in her last year. Every year her 1098-T reported Fall and Spring tuition payments. This year they billed spring a few days later than usual and her 1098-T only has Fall. From what I understand you can only do the education credits 4 years. So she has 3 years of full Fall/Spring and this last year is only partial. Isn't this messing things up? Or am I overthinking it? I haven't started taxes yet but I keep thinking about this. She can't max out the education credit with only 1 semester of tuition.

How close are you? You can also include books and supplies to reach the $4k (assuming you're referring to the AOTC).

No Comcast credit for me. I assume we have unlimited internet access. If we have a limit, that is news to me. Didn't know you could get internet with a limit.

They do have different levels and I think they charge more if you go over. We hit up against ours a couple of times so we changed it to unlimited.

@Judique I think it was you talking about the small freezer you got from costco. Is it seasonal or always there? My mom looked online and could only find refrigerators. I think she migjt finally be ready to get rid of our full size stand up freezer that's still going strong since 1972. The only thing we generally keep in it is frozen pizza and sometimes meat if we buy a lot. She looked at Lowe's and they are off the list.

They do have different levels and I think they charge more if you go over. We hit up against ours a couple of times so we changed it to unlimited.

@Judique I think it was you talking about the small freezer you got from costco. Is it seasonal or always there? My mom looked online and could only find refrigerators. I think she migjt finally be ready to get rid of our full size stand up freezer that's still going strong since 1972. The only thing we generally keep in it is frozen pizza and sometimes meat if we buy a lot. She looked at Lowe's and they are off the list.
I'm keeping my eye out for one too.

I checked daughter's account and I see no credit. Maybe they are rolling it out a bit at a time and we are east and @afan is west.

In any event we would probably pay double to keep it right now. DD is working from home and I'm happy that we have high speed and unlimited.

Have you checked the Sears Outlet downtown? Obviously not a great time to run down there but I think they do have a website. We got our oven there a couple years ago and won't hesitate to go back for a fridge.
No. Good idea. We got a microwave there once.

Just received an email from Chase Travel that my flight on April 20 (one-way) with Alaska has been cancelled. I paid with Ultimate Rewards. They offered me an unsuitable alternative flight (a connecting flight that leaves 10 hours earlier).

Here's where the problem starts: "Depending on the policy of the airline you may request for cancellation. If you choose this option, you will receive FUTURE TRAVEL CREDIT from Alaska Airlines."

I'm furious with this email. *** Chase Travel? Alaska cancelled my flight. I am not requesting cancellation. I am due a refund according the the DOT. Why is Chase Travel providing such horrible and inaccurate information to their cardholders?

I tried calling but they are apparently closed on Saturday and will only take calls 72-hours before (which for my flight is Friday at 8:30 pm!!!)

I immediately wrote back and made very clear that it was the airline cancelling my flight and that I am due a refund (not a voucher). I told them I'd be filling a Department of Transportation complaint if I was not given one, and I asked for a supervisor's email to convey my displeasure with the inaccurate information provided by them.

Has anyone else received anything like this? How did you handle it? Any tricks to getting to an actual live person via phone?

I actually don't know if they are seasonal, but I've seen them quite often. It's a small chest type and I'm guessing about 7 cubic ft. I see similar on the Lowes site, for $279, way too expensive compared to what I paid. But - unavailable for purchase online.

I actually don't know if they are seasonal, but I've seen them quite often. It's a small chest type and I'm guessing about 7 cubic ft. I see similar on the Lowes site, for $279, way too expensive compared to what I paid. But - unavailable for purchase online.

Maybe they only have them in store then. We'll look once she's able to go out, just thought it'd be easier if we could buy online so it'd get delivered vs having to put it in the back of her mariner which is like the original ford escape.

Just received an email from Chase Travel that my flight on April 20 (one-way) with Alaska has been cancelled. I paid with Ultimate Rewards. They offered me an unsuitable alternative flight (a connecting flight that leaves 10 hours earlier).

Here's where the problem starts: "Depending on the policy of the airline you may request for cancellation. If you choose this option, you will receive FUTURE TRAVEL CREDIT from Alaska Airlines."

I'm furious with this email. *** Chase Travel? Alaska cancelled my flight. I am not requesting cancellation. I am due a refund according the the DOT. Why is Chase Travel providing such horrible and inaccurate information to their cardholders?

I tried calling but they are apparently closed on Saturday and will only take calls 72-hours before (which for my flight is Friday at 8:30 pm!!!)

I immediately wrote back and made very clear that it was the airline cancelling my flight and that I am due a refund (not a voucher). I told them I'd be filling a Department of Transportation complaint if I was not given one, and I asked for a supervisor's email to convey my displeasure with the inaccurate information provided by them.

Has anyone else received anything like this? How did you handle it? Any tricks to getting to an actual live person via phone?
Oh, good grief. I'm sorry. My advice is to go to UR and go to the ticket. Click on cancel ticket and it will bring up a chat window. Not sure if you have to wait for Monday AM for this. The chat is the only way I could get through because of the 72 hour b.s. Seriously, they can't have that many people with flights in the next 72 hours at this point.

DD's return flight on KLM (booked through AF with cash) was just canceled. Do we have any rights to get a refund? I know it could be different since it's an international flight. She flew the first part back in January, but can I get a refund on the return part? It wasn't cheap.

Maybe they only have them in store then. We'll look once she's able to go out, just thought it'd be easier if we could buy online so it'd get delivered vs having to put it in the back of her mariner which is like the original ford escape.

I took mine home in my Jeep Cherokee. It fit easily into that, but it had to stay there for days until I caught someone to get it out and into my house. And, I checked. It is 7cubic ft. I think that's the smallest I would want. They handle those Costco frozen foods nicely.

My DD got hers so her husband would store his fish there. He loves fishing, catching fish, bringing them home, but doesn't get around to eating them often enough. Usually it's rockfish which are very good, but I prefer someone else to cook them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter