I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
College dd really needs sneakers but how the heck do you order shoes without trying them on? Her perfectly good sneakers are sitting in her on-campus apartment along with the rest of her shoes, and she has no idea what brand they are. She has a very high instep which means many shoes don't fit at all. Funny story---when she was packing to come home for spring break (before the uni announced kids would be home for an additional two weeks), she remembered all the important things except shoes other than the boots on her feet :rotfl:
I buy shoes on Amazon all the time. Most of them are free Prime Shipping and free returns. I buy a bunch, and send back what doesn't fit or work.

I am spending less in general, I think. But oh my word, the dang grocery bill seems just insane!

I feel like I've been spending like a drunken sailor over the past two days--at least compared to my spending over the past four weeks. Yesterday I splurged on new toilet seats for the upstairs toilets (the top broke off of one of them). I even installed them myself. I felt proud of myself (I know it's super easy) and I also felt like I really need a man in my life! Today I bought the dog a bunch of stuff from Chewy (adrenal drops, freeze dried raw food, stuff to make her eyes less gross), a tower fan for ds who thinks I keep the house too hot, and a pair of Okulai sandals (my first pair). At least it's helping with my SW Biz MSR:)

I get all of my shoes from amazon. I mostly only buy ASICS so I know my size in them
I spent real money to buy a pair of Nike's in either Nov or January while at Disney. Love them and they were approx. $75ish. Then daughter shows up with a pair of black Puma's and asked me if they would fit. Too small for her. Brand new from Costco marked down to $10. Fit me like a glove and very comfortable. Plus, getting compliments when I wore them. They make my feet look smaller. At least to me - I am an 8 and 1/2 or 9 depending on shoe.

Marriott sent me an email about how I'm getting extra elite nights since I have both a personal and a business credit card. It won't help me get to Platinum and I'm still probably cancelling my SPG Biz card, but hopefully it will benefit someone.

Yes, I got the 30 nights from CC's in my account plus the nights from actual stays. I can see myself getting close if I'm able to do summer and fall beach trips. I need 14 more nights. DD has it wrapped up already combined with her January trip. She was already Platinum but didn't expect to get it this year.

DD's return flight on KLM (booked through AF with cash) was just canceled. Do we have any rights to get a refund? I know it could be different since it's an international flight. She flew the first part back in January, but can I get a refund on the return part? It wasn't cheap.

Maybe @gottalovepluto knows. She seems pretty good at this stuff.

DD's return flight on KLM (booked through AF with cash) was just canceled. Do we have any rights to get a refund? I know it could be different since it's an international flight. She flew the first part back in January, but can I get a refund on the return part? It wasn't cheap.
You'll have to request a refund for the unused portion of the ticket from AF. AF policy is that they aren't providing refunds for cancelled flights, only vouchers. They are in general being horrible to work with. However there is now an exception for tickets bought in the US "In addition, if your flight was cancelled and you decide not to travel, you can obtain a refund at no cost for your ticket by contacting your point of sale directly." link

If they say no I would go straight to a charge back on the cc used to book the flight. Filing DoT/EU complaints could get very time consuming and messy, although you might not have a choice if the cc complaint doesn't work. I'm not sure what the rules are on who to file the complaint with, another good reason to skip straight to cc complaint if AF won't work with you directly.

I swear my dishwasher is wondering what the heck happened in our house. It's running all the time after probably feeling neglected for years. :rotfl:

I used to run mine about 4 times per week. Now it doesn't make it through a whole day. Cooking, baking, pretty much everything goes in there also to benefit from the hot water wash, except my knives and a few odd items such as a few Disney mugs that have designs that aren't dish washer safe.

So, I try to wit until it's full to run it normally - now it just fills up fast.

I wonder if this cooking phenom will hold after things get more normal? We are eating very well, and I'm trying to keep it healthy at least portion size.

I took mine home in my Jeep Cherokee. It fit easily into that, but it had to stay there for days until I caught someone to get it out and into my house. And, I checked. It is 7cubic ft. I think that's the smallest I would want. They handle those Costco frozen foods nicely.

My DD got hers so her husband would store his fish there. He loves fishing, catching fish, bringing them home, but doesn't get around to eating them often enough. Usually it's rockfish which are very good, but I prefer someone else to cook them.

Perfect! We'll wait until this is all over or when we're about to run out of peanuts for the squirrels to go to Costco :) Have any of you that have been going to Costco noticed if the optical part is open? I've still got a few weeks but I'm going to need to order contacts and would prefer to use my new insurance for it so I don't want to do it online. And really when I say a few weeks I mean over a month I just like to order when I open my last 30 day box and I just opened the 2nd of 3 boxes.

Oh, good grief. I'm sorry. My advice is to go to UR and go to the ticket. Click on cancel ticket and it will bring up a chat window. Not sure if you have to wait for Monday AM for this. The chat is the only way I could get through because of the 72 hour b.s. Seriously, they can't have that many people with flights in the next 72 hours at this point.
I'm pretty disgusted with Chase, and I totally agree with the 72-hour thing being b.s.
*Thank you* so much for the idea. I didn't realize you could access chat that way. I will probably wait until Monday to see if I hear back to my fiery email and/or any of the tweets I've done.

For some reason I thought someone on here had had a similar situation come up but maybe I'm confusing threads. I've been on a lot of them lately, LOL.

I'm pretty disgusted with Chase, and I totally agree with the 72-hour thing being b.s.
*Thank you* so much for the idea. I didn't realize you could access chat that way. I will probably wait until Monday to see if I hear back to my fiery email and/or any of the tweets I've done.

For some reason I thought someone on here had had a similar situation come up but maybe I'm confusing threads. I've been on a lot of them lately, LOL.
I had to cancel AA tickets. AA changed the time enough to require a refund but I had to go through Chase since the ta holds your tickets hostage (but I wanted my points back!). I chatted and they initally told me I had to call the 800 number and that they would talk to me even though my flight was still four months out. Of course I got hung up on by the 800 number because if your plans aren't in the next three days, why on earth would you want a refund now? So I chatted again and the customer service rep called AA for me and got the refund.

The AF hit my biz bonvoy card. Is there any advantage of keeping it? I can't think of any but thought I'd ask before I chat to cancel and get the AF reversed!

The AF hit my biz bonvoy card. Is there any advantage of keeping it? I can't think of any but thought I'd ask before I chat to cancel and get the AF reversed!
Just the amex offers and the 35k point certificate. I'm probably canceling mine in the next few weeks mainly because the certificate is kind of worthless to me with Marriott's new peak pricing.

I had to cancel AA tickets. AA changed the time enough to require a refund but I had to go through Chase since the ta holds your tickets hostage (but I wanted my points back!). I chatted and they initally told me I had to call the 800 number and that they would talk to me even though my flight was still four months out. Of course I got hung up on by the 800 number because if your plans aren't in the next three days, why on earth would you want a refund now? So I chatted again and the customer service rep called AA for me and got the refund.
Wonderful! Thank you so much for the info. This is very helpful. I will chat and insist on them handling it right then. I wonder if there is a way to bypass the 800 number. I may pretend like I'm doing a new booking and see if that works. The 72 hour thing is absolutely ridiculous especially after flight cancellations.

You'll have to request a refund for the unused portion of the ticket from AF. AF policy is that they aren't providing refunds for cancelled flights, only vouchers. They are in general being horrible to work with. However there is now an exception for tickets bought in the US "In addition, if your flight was cancelled and you decide not to travel, you can obtain a refund at no cost for your ticket by contacting your point of sale directly." link

If they say no I would go straight to a charge back on the cc used to book the flight. Filing DoT/EU complaints could get very time consuming and messy, although you might not have a choice if the cc complaint doesn't work. I'm not sure what the rules are on who to file the complaint with, another good reason to skip straight to cc complaint if AF won't work with you directly.

Thanks. This is helpful. I used to read FT years ago, but when I search now I find old, irrelevant data instead of the new stuff (I'm sure I'm doing something wrong). Ticket was bought in the US and on a Plat card. We will try AF first and hope for the best. They were completely non responsive when we had to find a new flight home so we ended up just booking a new ticket since time was critical. It would be nice to get a refund on this half of the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter