I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to avoid buying stuff on shop disney that I don't need as they are dust collectors and I don't have space for them. I did get the lounge pants and Small World ears I ordered last week today. Love the ears and only $15, which I kept thinking of @wendow as I was buying them and feeling bad cause I was getting them for half price. I love the ears and just couldn't with the price when the sequin headbands drive me nuts. But for half price I'll deal and they'll work at the Asian parks :) Though I do want to make myself 1 pair of ears for that trip but I want them to have something to do with visiting all 6 of the parks, I just can't figure out how to represent that. So if anyone has ideas I'm open to them :)
We can twin next time we meet :D

I just received a SM from Chase at 10PM. 5 days ago I had requested an extension of my MSR period for the CIP I was approved for in March. They have extended my minimum spend time from 3 months to 6 months. I was originally supposed to complete the spend by June 14th, now I have until September 14th to complete the $5k spend. It actually brought tears to my eyes simply because I never expect to be given any favors, and this one is much appreciated.

I just received a SM from Chase at 10PM. 5 days ago I had requested an extension of my MSR period for the CIP I was approved for in March. They have extended my minimum spend time from 3 months to 6 months. I was originally supposed to complete the spend by June 14th, now I have until September 14th to complete the $5k spend. It actually brought tears to my eyes simply because I never expect to be given any favors, and this one is much appreciated.
It's the little things these days that can bring such joy! Glad Chase accommodated you!

Can I ask- how did you word the request?

Minecraft Con tix are coded as bonus. Don't understand why. I guess that's considered travel? Is all entertainment code that way on Cip. Got concerts I'd travel for...

Is anyone else not stocking up on as many Disney GCs ?
We have $1,200, now and I was planning on using the Lowe’s 10% off with Amex BBP cards to purchase $2k more before 6/30.

Now I’m not sure if the 2 planned trips to visit our son will happen :sad:and if they do how much time/money we would spend in Disney. Our DVC dues will be aprox. $2,200 on 1/15/2021 and I would rather use a Chase card for the URs since they are more valuable to us.

Last edited:
We have $1,200, now and I was planning on using the Lowe’s 10% off with Amex BBP cards to purchase $2k more before 6/30.

Now I’m not sure and may wait and see. Our DVC dues will be aprox. $2,200, but not due until 1/2 and would rather use a Chase card for the URs since they are more valuable to us.

Discover has warehouse clubs as one of the 5% categories this quarter that just started and usually I jump on that whenever I can to get Disney GCs from BJs but I just don’t know. Part of me is still a bit scarred from the theft situation a few months ago even though it was resolved and I ultimately didn’t lose money. And another part of me is almost too depressed to contemplate it with so much still unknown, even though our canceled May trip is being put off a whole year, and we decided on a dream GF RPC/Poly CL split with the extra time we have to save.

Now I’m not sure if the 2 planned trips to visit our son will happen, and if they do how much time/money we would spend in Disney. Our DVC dues will be aprox. $2,200 on 1/15/2021 and I would rather use a Chase card for the URs since they are more valuable to us.

I have a small stock of Disney gift cards. I had considered using the Amex offer for more but got a generator at Lowe’s instead. It wasn’t as much fun but we will have it if we need it.

Now I’m not sure if the 2 planned trips to visit our son will happen :sad:and if they do how much time/money we would spend in Disney. Our DVC dues will be aprox. $2,200 on 1/15/2021 and I would rather use a Chase card for the URs since they are more valuable to us.
I haven’t bought any lately. I had enough saved for all of our food and miscellaneous for our trip for 4 people for March, plus at least half enough for our DVC dues. So those will either all go for dues or for us to use in either November or next March depending if we go on either of those trips. So no, not going to buy anymore in the near future. But I do plan to buy again later.

Answering on our other resource since I'm crossing over into some territory best not mentioned here

I just bought a bulk order from BJs in Jan and wasn’t planning on buying anymore soon. Was planning on using those for our spend at Aulani trip in July and put deposit down on a cruise for summer 2021. If either or both of those end up not happening, I’ll have plenty to last me awhile.

Not changing my overall strategy, but may impact the timing due to increased inventory than originally planned.

I called chase cruises right at 9am ET.
:sad: Well,I took your advice and did the same.... I got right thru- but I'm booked on Carnival,and she had to call them to ask policy...she said their policy is I booked a non refundable deposit,which = $800...and so I'd forfeit that if I canceled without any sort of waiver. She recommended calling back closer to PIF date to see if they'd issued a statemtn about my dates by then. So I guess I paid the entire cruise cost (not taxes and fees) at time of booking(?) Is this sounding like the right info?
Anyway.... it's all points,so the most I'll lose is that amount in points. (I don't like the idea but whatever,I won't be going on a cruise) That plus the extra gc I will hang onto and hopefully be able to resell at a later time ( I know plenty of people will still want to cruise at some point)

Yep same here. About 2 weeks ago when it was hitting hard that pretty much everything we had planned was getting cancelled I had a small break down at the super table and just cried. My husband asked me today how I was feeling about it all. I told him I was fine, that 2 weeks ago I had hope we could salvage the vacations and now I know there is no hope, so not going to dwell on it. :crazy2: I'm just going to throw myself into other house and work projects.

Edited to add: That sounds dark, but It is more of I've mourned the loss and am ready to move on.
:hug:

You all will need to hold me up if we have to cancel the Sept Australia trip.

I haven't purchased any in a month. I have enough on hand to pay for dining and one special event (dessert party or similar) should we be able to go at the holidays/January. I would need to get some more for our DVC dues if we aren't able to go then. Oodles of time.

My overall spending has really gone down. We are getting takeout once a week, for which I over tip, but that and groceries and the odd amazon purchase are way below my usual spending.

College dd really needs sneakers but how the heck do you order shoes without trying them on? Her perfectly good sneakers are sitting in her on-campus apartment along with the rest of her shoes, and she has no idea what brand they are. She has a very high instep which means many shoes don't fit at all. Funny story---when she was packing to come home for spring break (before the uni announced kids would be home for an additional two weeks), she remembered all the important things except shoes other than the boots on her feet :rotfl:

:hug:

You all will need to hold me up if we have to cancel the Sept Australia trip.

I haven't purchased any in a month. I have enough on hand to pay for dining and one special event (dessert party or similar) should we be able to go at the holidays/January. I would need to get some more for our DVC dues if we aren't able to go then. Oodles of time.

My overall spending has really gone down. We are getting takeout once a week, for which I over tip, but that and groceries and the odd amazon purchase are way below my usual spending.

College dd really needs sneakers but how the heck do you order shoes without trying them on? Her perfectly good sneakers are sitting in her on-campus apartment along with the rest of her shoes, and she has no idea what brand they are. She has a very high instep which means many shoes don't fit at all. Funny story---when she was packing to come home for spring break (before the uni announced kids would be home for an additional two weeks), she remembered all the important things except shoes other than the boots on her feet :rotfl:
I don't think I've bought shoes in a store in ages. I use shoes.com, nordstrom, Dick's sporting goods, Nike, Amazon, etc. Most of them do free return shipping. So you could buy a few pairs and return what doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter