• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rookie question about SW companion pass. My companion has a different confirmation number, so am I right in assuming that she has to check in separately, or because she is linked to my reservation, do I only need to check in once for both of us?

And ugh. All this talk of the Amex plat had me check my prequalified offers from the link on the doctor of credit site. It had the Blue Cash preferred, which I wouldn’t get the full value from since I’m solo here and don’t have much grocery spend. Also had the gold with 75000 points and $250 fee. And, the plat with the elevated offer of 150000 with the new higher fee. I just don’t know what to think here. I’m still working on my JetBlue 100000 offer. Have about $2000 more spend before December, which is not a problem. I will have a rather large charge coming in September for a family cruise , assuming it looks like a go for December. But, it’s booked through Costco, and they only take VISA, so I was thinking about what card I could get with a good SUB for that. So conflicted and confused!

ETA: not eligible for the CSP for a few more months.

Last edited:
I canceled a Marriott reservation and they've failed to return my FNC. Getting ready to call but decided maybe I'll wait until it's not a holiday.

This is my first experience not getting a FNC back. I canceled inside the canx period.

What is strange is my account has been wiped clean of this reservation - my activity shows nothing.

But I have both emails, showing which certificate I used. I keep separate detail of this since I have a lot of FNC's, and especially with the extensions.

My guess is that it went to the hotel and they didn't refund it.

I'm interested in seeing what your exp date is when you cancel. I have 4 nights that will expire in Jan. But it would be awesome if I could get them extended to Feb and use w/ my BF somewhere on my mid-winter break! I've read some are getting new exp dates a year from the cancellations!

Rookie question about SW companion pass. My companion has a different confirmation number, so am I right in assuming that she has to check in separately, or because she is linked to my reservation, do I only need to check in once for both of us?
You will both need to check in with your own confirmation numbers.

This changed sometime during covid, you do not need to check in separately. I found out on my last trip that if you or the companion checks in the other will automatically be checked in. Regardless of who checked in first, in my experience, the companion was always one boarding position ahead of myself. I think this relates to the recent discussion of EBCI with companion pass, but I don't have any experience with that.

The AP rate is good. I have Portofino Bay one night in Oct for $267+ tax. AP rates are usually released only a few months ahead of time, like 3-4 months and are limited. If I look now for my date (which I booked May 26) it's over $400 because the lower cost room categories sell out.

you can book an AP rate before you buy the AP.

Do you know when Nov/Dec rates will come out? How will I know? Check every day? Book the
room now and wait until later in year to get AP when we are there? thanks

I canceled a Marriott reservation and they've failed to return my FNC. Getting ready to call but decided maybe I'll wait until it's not a holiday.

This is my first experience not getting a FNC back. I canceled inside the canx period.

What is strange is my account has been wiped clean of this reservation - my activity shows nothing.

But I have both emails, showing which certificate I used. I keep separate detail of this since I have a lot of FNC's, and especially with the extensions.

@Judique I am also waiting for Marriott to credit my FNC from last weekend. I would love to know what they tell you when you call.

Last time they failed to credit back my FNC I was able to Dm them on Twitter and they had it fixed quickly.

I would like to buy some Visa gift cards to donate to my kids' marching band "Feed the Bears" program. The committee uses the cards to buy food things for the meals.

Anyone know of any fee free Visa gift card promos going on this week? I checked Kroger (Fry's, where I am) and they're doing 4x fuel points but I'd rather have no fee if I can find them.

When we get P2 (OMG I can't believe I finally have a P2!)'s card in the mail this week I am going to be scrambling to meet two MSRs :crazy2:

Do you know when Nov/Dec rates will come out? How will I know? Check every day? Book the
No one knows for sure when. There is a dedicated sticky thread on the Universal Resorts board for APH rates, someone usually will post there when they see them. Yes, book a room now and cancel/rebook when AP rates are released. They don’t always release the rates for all resorts or room types at the same time either, so there is some rechecking involved.

This changed sometime during covid, you do not need to check in separately. I found out on my last trip that if you or the companion checks in the other will automatically be checked in. Regardless of who checked in first, in my experience, the companion was always one boarding position ahead of myself. I think this relates to the recent discussion of EBCI with companion pass, but I don't have any experience with that.
While the CP boarding number is assigned, you still technically need to check the CP in separate since he/she has his own confirmation number. I know with DH having A list, the CP gets the next boarding number and then I get the following boarding number when I book with DH. So like on our way to Aruba, it was A21- DH, A22- DS and A23- me. I still had to go through the process of checking DS in though.

This happened to me too a few months ago. I waited a long time to call because I was hoping it would push out the expiration date, like in the past, but it didn't. I actually had to call twice because the first rep only returned two out of the three that were missing.

Thank you they were approved. Is there an amount of time they have to wait before they can support their P2?
If the person has an existing Chase account, it could be done now. It's just a matter of logging in to get the last four digits of the new card and then plugging that in to chase.com/referafriend/catch-all to get the link.

No one knows for sure when. There is a dedicated sticky thread on the Universal Resorts board for APH rates, someone usually will post there when they see them. Yes, book a room now and cancel/rebook when AP rates are released. They don’t always release the rates for all resorts or room types at the same time either, so there is some rechecking involved.
I was going to say the same thing. Watch the US board and they usually know as soon as the APrate is out. I’ve done that a few times.

While the CP boarding number is assigned, you still technically need to check the CP in separate since he/she has his own confirmation number. I know with DH having A list, the CP gets the next boarding number and then I get the following boarding number when I book with DH. So like on our way to Aruba, it was A21- DH, A22- DS and A23- me. I still had to go through the process of checking DS in though.

Ahhh, this makes sense. I remember a while back now some discussion about this. Thanks everyone!

Thank you to all that helped with suggestions for a new savings account or CD for my son. Coincidentally, two days later, Amex sent me by mail an offer for a high yield savings account with a 0.40% APY which is higher than many of the CD I had seen and much higher than the high yield savings I had at Schwab. No fees, no minimum.

I did one night and got the credit.
Nice. I'm toying with booking the Ritz Carlton Atlanta for the one night I'm visiting DD for her birthday in September.

And booked two nights in Rome at Le Meridien for next June pre 9-night Greek Isles Disney Cruise. Used Marriott points Hoping to book plane tickets in the next month or so with UR points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter