I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have the Away bigger carry on?

Likes dislikes? Better to stick with the regular size carry on?
I’ve got it and love it! (I have the soft-sided version that they sadly don’t carry anymore.) I’ve never had a problem with it fitting in any overhead compartment (other than the tiny regional jets where nothing bigger than a briefcase will fit up there), but I also haven’t flown many international carriers, and I understand sometimes those can have smaller overhead compartments?

Question about the CFF - I’d like to apply and get the 5x on groceries offer. I’ve already got an existing CFF (downgraded from a CSP). I’m assuming I can’t get a new SUB or the 5x on groceries while I hold an existing CFF. Is that correct?
Error

Last edited:
I'm planning on applying for an Ink card soon. I noticed the referral bonus is still showing a sub of $750 with $7500 msr. Any thoughts on if this will change to the $900 sub/$6k msr offer? Or should I apply and ask to be matched?
I did that last week:
Adding my Chase DP: used P2's link for the 75K CIU offer, instant approval, SM'd for the match the next business day, and got a reply today that I'll be matched to the higher offer, with the original MSR of $7500. Unfortunately, I applied before the 90K went public...watch, the support links will show the increased offer tomorrow. 😆
Who knows when the support links will show 90K? I thought my application last week would've triggered it lol

Last edited:
Question about the CFF - I’d like to apply and get the 5x on groceries offer. I’ve already got an existing CFF (downgraded from a CSP). I’m assuming I can’t get a new SUB or the 5x on groceries while I hold an existing CFF. Is that correct?

Any creative ideas on what to do with my existing CFF? I wouldn’t mind ultimately having 2 CFFs to double up on the category bonuses. Could I PC to a CFU and then PC back to a CFF after I get the new CFF? Do I have to wait a certain period of time before PCing the CFU back to a CFF? Any other suggestions?

Terms are "This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months." So you would have to PC out and wait 4 days.

As for how soon you can PC back, that seems to be YMMV. I'd probably wait until after getting the SUB on the new CFF just in case.

Anyone have the Away bigger carry on?

Likes dislikes? Better to stick with the regular size carry on?
Yes and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It doesn't look much bigger than my old Tumi carry-on, but it sure seems to fit a lot more. I haven't had any issues carrying it on planes in Europe, North American and the Middle East. I also really love the built-in charger! I'd definitely recommend getting the larger carry-on.

Please remind me about cancelling and reapplying for the Chase SW cards to get the new bonus - how long after cancelling the current card do we have to wait to apply again? 4 days? 30 days? 31 days? Those were all the numbers that immediately popped into my head, lol.

It’s 30 days from cancelling the card…no personal experience with this but there are people on Reddit who say if are applying for a different SW personal card then the one you cancelled you can apply after 4 days.

WWYD: We have a Lowe's appliance purchase of about $2K that we need to make in the next few days, without an MSR :( I had it all figured out for our next few cards, based on our Japan trip next year and Euro trip after that. I'm not sure if we should throw another card into the mix. We're both below 5/24, I just don't want to mess up chances at these other plans going forward. The plan for future cards is 1) DH - CSP in February (which will be 4 years, this is so we can transfer URs to partners for Hyatt hotels in Japan), 2) me - Amex Hilton Surpass or Biz Hilton around April (points for Tokyo Bay Disney), and 3) Citi AA Advantage or Barclays Aviator Red next summer (to build up AA points for our Europe flights).

So, what would you do? I'm thinking to get either a CIC or CIU for the Lowe's purchase (probably a CIC because then I can buy Lowe's gift cards at Staples for 5x)... and I see the sub is 90K on $6000 spend, which we can be 1/3 of the way there already. I just got a CIC in January though. I'm pretty sure I can hold two... right? Also, less than 1 year between apps for them ok? Can the card be expedited? Theoretically we need to make the purchase by 11/9!

Long time lurker of this thread and I am wanting to apply for the Southwest card with the elevated sign up offer. I would like to wait until I can pay it forward to someone if they update the support links. Can I have access to the reddit page so that I may support one of you?
So nice of you…Unfortunately right now the support links don’t show the elevated 75,000 RR points after spending $3k offer they are for the 50,000 RR points after spending $1k offer
@SouthFayetteFan started the Reddit group, @Lain is also a moderator there

So nice of you…Unfortunately right now the support links don’t show the elevated 75,000 RR points after spending $3k offer they are for the 50,000 RR points after spending $1k offer
@SouthFayetteFan started the Reddit group, @Lain is also a moderator there
I am fine waiting for a little while to see if the elevated offer shows up on support links! Maybe in the meantime one of the wonderful moderators will allow me in to the Reddit group. Thank you for your response!

I’ve got it and love it! (I have the soft-sided version that they sadly don’t carry anymore.) I’ve never had a problem with it fitting in any overhead compartment (other than the tiny regional jets where nothing bigger than a briefcase will fit up there), but I also haven’t flown many international carriers, and I understand sometimes those can have smaller overhead compartments?
Yes and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It doesn't look much bigger than my old Tumi carry-on, but it sure seems to fit a lot more. I haven't had any issues carrying it on planes in Europe, North American and the Middle East. I also really love the built-in charger! I'd definitely recommend getting the larger carry-on.
We have three of them. No regrets. Highly recommend.
Yay! I love these answers. I'm going to buy 2 of them. DH and I have the regular carry ons, but I think for our girls I'm going to go ahead and order them the bigger ones. We mostly travel nationally so we shouldn't run into too many issues.

But, we have a trip to on AirFrance this month, so if we have to check them in because they are too big I could return them when we get back.

WWYD: We have a Lowe's appliance purchase of about $2K that we need to make in the next few days, without an MSR :( I had it all figured out for our next few cards, based on our Japan trip next year and Euro trip after that. I'm not sure if we should throw another card into the mix. We're both below 5/24, I just don't want to mess up chances at these other plans going forward. The plan for future cards is 1) DH - CSP in February (which will be 4 years, this is so we can transfer URs to partners for Hyatt hotels in Japan), 2) me - Amex Hilton Surpass or Biz Hilton around April (points for Tokyo Bay Disney), and 3) Citi AA Advantage or Barclays Aviator Red next summer (to build up AA points for our Europe flights).

So, what would you do? I'm thinking to get either a CIC or CIU for the Lowe's purchase (probably a CIC because then I can buy Lowe's gift cards at Staples for 5x)... and I see the sub is 90K on $6000 spend, which we can be 1/3 of the way there already. I just got a CIC in January though. I'm pretty sure I can hold two... right? Also, less than 1 year between apps for them ok? Can the card be expedited? Theoretically we need to make the purchase by 11/9!

I say both of you should apply for a CIC/CIU. You can hold multiple of each. DH and I each have 4.

You didn't mention Amex Biz Plat, probably because of the high AF. But that's another good option, about 160,000 MRs for $15K MSR.

We also have to spend about that much on new floors this month. I'm good for another CIC/CIU so I'll be applying for one this week. DH needs to hold off until Dec., so I might try to pay for half of our floors this month and the rest next month. But I'm also thinking about an Amex Plat, I prefer the benefits of the Personal Plat so I might go for the Schwab.

for those with AMEX platinum looks like president circle for hertz is there anyone who knows if you can status match that with others?
mine isn't working i think the site is getting pounded.

Last edited:
I say both of you should apply for a CIC/CIU. You can hold multiple of each. DH and I each have 4.
DH has both, but I'm trying not to apply for anything for him right now cuz he needs to get the CSP in February (or PC one of the Biz cards to a CIP if that falls through) so we can transfer to partners cuz right now we can't. I have only a CIC in the world of biz cards. I'm getting close to the threshold of 50% with Chase though (I'm at about 38%). Should I lower CL first, or just go ahead and apply? If I need to lower, then how long do I need to wait to apply, a day? Ugh I don't know why I didn't do this sooner... I thought we had more days until we needed to make this purchase but now it's kind of critical.

Yeah, not sure we can do the $15K spend in 3 months and I hate the idea of the AF on it, lol. Hopefully one day we achieve this status though.

DH has both, but I'm trying not to apply for anything for him right now cuz he needs to get the CSP in February (or PC one of the Biz cards to a CIP if that falls through) so we can transfer to partners cuz right now we can't. I have only a CIC in the world of biz cards. I'm getting close to the threshold of 50% with Chase though (I'm at about 38%). Should I lower CL first, or just go ahead and apply? If I need to lower, then how long do I need to wait to apply, a day? Ugh I don't know why I didn't do this sooner... I thought we had more days until we needed to make this purchase but now it's kind of critical.

Yeah, not sure we can do the $15K spend in 3 months and I hate the idea of the AF on it, lol. Hopefully one day we achieve this status though.
I think you are okay to just apply. I think during the application process they'll ask you to relocate credit lines if needed.

Long time lurker of this thread and I am wanting to apply for the Southwest card with the elevated sign up offer. I would like to wait until I can pay it forward to someone if they update the support links. Can I have access to the reddit page so that I may support one of you?
Here is a list of the Mods that are seen most often here recently:

Hi. Please review this post here on our DIS thread where you'll find a link to send us a request to join the community on reddit :)

Just saw that Apple products are "on sale" on the Chase Travel Portal when using points. Was planning on buying DD some new Airpod Pros, might just use points.
Do you know how often Apple products go on sale? With the Sapphire Reserve the AirPod Pro 2 are 16,600 points which is awesome as I wanted to get a new pair anyway after losing one of my old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter