I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened to DH when we first started churning, he tried to use my mom’s United card and they wouldn’t let him us it. I want to pay for my parents precheck and was planning on going with them to staples, do you know if that will work? we are also going to pay for my niece and nephew, but they are minors so I don’t think that will be a problem.
Yeah, we're not sure if it will work but we'll try. Dad and stepmom will take my and DH's CSRs with them for the interview and try to use them, hoping that they won't check the name on the credit card. But if it doesn't work, they're prepared to pay for it. It would just be a shame since that credit is just sitting there. I remember the first time I got TSA precheck there was a little credit card machine facing the interviewee and the interviewer never saw my card. That was in 2018, though.

We might write them letters given them permission to use the card and see if that works. We'll see!

I was taken to many a rodeo as a kid. The last one I went to was in Aspen with DH. He thought it was ok but then we usually leave him at home when we go horseback riding :rotfl2:. I think if you are interested in the western style of life and like Yellowstone and Heartland then you'll really like it. I've been riding horses as long as I can remember so that's all kinda "normal" to me and I can see the athletic abilities of the rodeo. I think you'd have a good time.
That is the only thing I’m afraid of, is DH 🙄 He makes fun of “another horse show” when I have Yellowstone on, and he refuses to go horseback riding at all. He is not thrilled with western style life. He’s a city guy, and mostly interested in just seeing the geysers in the national park lol. He might hate being dragged to the rodeo. But I am resolved to go!!! lol.

That is the only thing I’m afraid of, is DH 🙄 He makes fun of “another horse show” when I have Yellowstone on, and he refuses to go horseback riding at all. He is not thrilled with western style life. He’s a city guy, and mostly interested in just seeing the geysers in the national park lol. He might hate being dragged to the rodeo. But I am resolved to go!!! lol.

The clowns can be super entertaining. We used to go watch my stepsister barrell race. I enjoyed it and the bull riding. Never enjoyed the various roping events. I don't like western shows and I hate horsebacking riding unless it's a carousel. Too many bad experiences. But I can appreciate what they can do, rider and horse in barrell racing and the insanity it takes to ride a bull. Maybe he just needs to right event.

The clowns can be super entertaining. We used to go watch my stepsister barrell race. I enjoyed it and the bull riding. Never enjoyed the various roping events. I don't like western shows and I hate horsebacking riding unless it's a carousel. Too many bad experiences. But I can appreciate what they can do, rider and horse in barrell racing and the insanity it takes to ride a bull. Maybe he just needs to right event.
Yeah, I’m hoping he likes the “show” aspect of it. And bull riding is just… like you said insanity. 🤣 I hope he enjoys himself at least a little bit, or I’ll never hear the end of that time I drug him to the rodeo. There’s an option to get covered or non-covered seats. I guess I better spring for the covered ones cuz if it rains or something, I definitely would never hear the end of that!! 😆

no, i should have multi quoted this, I just canceled and went back 24 hours later, it finally changed. I canceled it 4 times in 4 days.

So I would go on, dash pass, cancel, then reapply. Until the expiration date changed i also got a pop up the last time i was so stoked it actually worked i didn't do a screen shot :)
Thanks did that once and it now has the new date.

Here's a question that's (tangentially, but barely) related to cc spend: If you have opened and used an expansion pack to a board game (such as Settlers of Catan), should you then keep all of the pieces together in one box or should you keep the expansion pieces in their own box?

I am leaning toward keeping everything together but it feels weird to just toss the expansion pack box.

Credit card connection: I am on the fence about buying some new shelves. Part of my decision-making is going through everything on the shelves we have and deciding if there are things we can get rid of. Like the empty box from the Catan expansion pack . . .

Here's a question that's (tangentially, but barely) related to cc spend: If you have opened and used an expansion pack to a board game (such as Settlers of Catan), should you then keep all of the pieces together in one box or should you keep the expansion pieces in their own box?

I am leaning toward keeping everything together but it feels weird to just toss the expansion pack box.

Credit card connection: I am on the fence about buying some new shelves. Part of my decision-making is going through everything on the shelves we have and deciding if there are things we can get rid of. Like the empty box from the Catan expansion pack . . .

I haven’t started playing Catan yet (maybe starting and learning during the Panama Canal cruise next month) but can relate with other games. With Cards Against Humanity, I combined the expansion packs over the years into the original set and even threw Crabs Against Humidity, the knock off game, into the mix. They all reside in the bigger blacker box. The expansion sets for Exploding Kittens are also kept together with the original. If you play the expansion with the original set, I see no reason to keep things separate. On a related note, I am also looking to burn my next MSR on new cube storage shelving. My Loungefly and Disney Ears collection has exceeded the existing cubby capacity.

P2 has collected 750K Marriott points through his work travels. All I know of them is that around here y’all call them Bon blah 😂 points. I have a trip to Myrtle Beach in March and our Hawaii trip in October so I thought I’d use some of these points.

Why is there NO availability showing for either place? Marriott Ko’Olina and Marriott Myrtle Beach Grande Dune Villas. I can pay cash rate and plenty of rooms available but as soon as I switch to “use points” it says “Not available during your stay”.

For the Myrtle Beach reservation there are point rooms available in the next 7 days but beyond that there is no availability for the rest of 2022. Do they not release them in advance? I’m just at a loss here. Anything else we can use these points on?

For us it depends on the game. If we usually just play the base game then we don't combine them. If we always use the expansion then I would be willing to combine them. I know from experience that the boxes are large and when you play a bunch of games they start taking up space. We play Catan but don't have the expansions. We also play Everdell a lot and we do have some expansions for that one (that we keep separately since we rarely use them).

Ha, I am actually looking at the 2 Catan boxes that are out and NOT in the new shelving unit we bought just before Christmas. 🤣 We keep them separate because we don’t always play with more than 4 people so we put the expansion back into its own box when we do use it. Having the kids home for Christmas and our favorite games were left out within easy reach. And now they are all back to their lives I am kind of sad to put them back away where they belong. After we bought the new shelving unit I thought perhaps it would have been easier to get rid of some of our games instead. Lol

just did it again it worked
4 days of this. now I want sushi from doordash lol
View attachment 644714
Thanks did that once and it now has the new date.
I think chase/DD finally updated the info. I never canceled. Mine had “active” yet showed the expiration date 1/31 until today. I tried logging out then in with no updated expiration. I just opened the app and the expiration date is now updated to 2024.

P2 has collected 750K Marriott points through his work travels. All I know of them is that around here y’all call them Bon blah 😂 points. I have a trip to Myrtle Beach in March and our Hawaii trip in October so I thought I’d use some of these points.

Why is there NO availability showing for either place? Marriott Ko’Olina and Marriott Myrtle Beach Grande Dune Villas. I can pay cash rate and plenty of rooms available but as soon as I switch to “use points” it says “Not available during your stay”.

For the Myrtle Beach reservation there are point rooms available in the next 7 days but beyond that there is no availability for the rest of 2022. Do they not release them in advance? I’m just at a loss here. Anything else we can use these points on?

I think it's because they're vacation club properties. I've never seen points availability when I've looked. Kind of assumed they're not available with points. Interesting that they are, even if availability is sparse.

Awesome he has so many Bonvoy points! I'd spend them all at Ritzs lol.

I haven’t started playing Catan yet (maybe starting and learning during the Panama Canal cruise next month) but can relate with other games. With Cards Against Humanity, I combined the expansion packs over the years into the original set and even threw Crabs Against Humidity, the knock off game, into the mix. They all reside in the bigger blacker box. The expansion sets for Exploding Kittens are also kept together with the original. If you play the expansion with the original set, I see no reason to keep things separate. On a related note, I am also looking to burn my next MSR on new cube storage shelving. My Loungefly and Disney Ears collection has exceeded the existing cubby capacity.

Catan is my family's most-played game right now. It's a good mix of strategy and chance, games can be finished in a reasonable amount of time (unlike, say, Risk or Monopoly), and it doesn't require so much concentration that you can't have a conversation while playing (my one complaint about Clue).

For us it depends on the game. If we usually just play the base game then we don't combine them. If we always use the expansion then I would be willing to combine them. I know from experience that the boxes are large and when you play a bunch of games they start taking up space. We play Catan but don't have the expansions. We also play Everdell a lot and we do have some expansions for that one (that we keep separately since we rarely use them).

We mostly use the expansion but not always. The expansion box is relatively small (maybe a quarter the size of the regular box). My impulse is to want to keep the expansion pieces in the box they "belong" in, but I realized tonight that the expansion pieces were put back in the regular box and the expansion box is just sitting on the shelf empty.

And I hadn't heard of Everdell but I just looked it up and the reviews are overwhelmingly positive. I might just have earned a few more cc points ordering it . . .

Ha, I am actually looking at the 2 Catan boxes that are out and NOT in the new shelving unit we bought just before Christmas. 🤣 We keep them separate because we don’t always play with more than 4 people so we put the expansion back into its own box when we do use it. Having the kids home for Christmas and our favorite games were left out within easy reach. And now they are all back to their lives I am kind of sad to put them back away where they belong. After we bought the new shelving unit I thought perhaps it would have been easier to get rid of some of our games instead. Lol

I'm sad about the end of the holiday family game sessions, too! I actually have managed to get rid of a few things in my latest effort, but not as much as I could/should. Usually my best motivation for decluttering is thinking that I don't want to leave a bunch of stuff for people to deal with when I am gone, but I'm also trying think about donating things that we don't use so that they can be used by others--so today I put Apples to Apples Junior and some books I finally decided I am not likely to want to read again into the "donate" pile.

I think chase/DD finally updated the info. I never canceled. Mine had “active” yet showed the expiration date 1/31 until today. I tried logging out then in with no updated expiration. I just opened the app and the expiration date is now updated to 2024.
nice maybe mine would have done the same but I kept seeing the monthly charge which I didn't want to go on customer service to dispute, I'm sure it was a glitch of people like me doing it. The funny thing is I have ordered doordash 2x this month because of this I used to use it once a month if that.

nice maybe mine would have done the same but I kept seeing the monthly charge which I didn't want to go on customer service to dispute, I'm sure it was a glitch of people like me doing it. The funny thing is I have ordered doordash 2x this month because of this I used to use it once a month if that.
added it back to my account this morning and it shows the 12/30/24

Last edited:

Glad you like the term ;-)

Here are a few suggestions for using BonBlah points in Hawaii CLICKY HERE and CLICKY HERE and CLICKY HERE There are also some Dischurner hotel thread review posts that were booked with Marriott points in Hawaii.

My personal favorite use of BonBlah points over the years has been the Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa. I did a review and have some pics on the DISchurner hotels thread CLICKY HERE
Most of us are anticipating a devaluation when BonBlah points go dynamic next month. I wasn't initially planning to go back to the Al Maha until maybe 2023. But once that announcement was made, I booked a trip for this year for the first 5 nights availability I found that wasn't during peak high temperatures. It was 100K points per night, so with the 5th night free, 400K all in. I love that it is an all inclusive and the food is actually good. Guests get 2 activities per day included with their stay. The service and staff are outstanding. It is located on an Oryx conservation and sometimes you walk out of your Bedouin and there are little sand gazelles or Oryx walking around and foraging. If you want to go to the Maldives, it is a 4 hour flight from Dubai, so you can book an award flight that allows stop overs and then go visit the Maldives.

I'm a longtime lurker of this thread, which I love!

Could I get advice on y'alls favorite card for "misc" travel spend? I'm 2/24, and for travel I have:

Amex plat for flights (once in a while for hotels using $200 FHR credit or a one-off AO)
Chase FF for GCs (if it matches up)
Citi DC for everything else

But I keep wishing I could do better than 2% for "bigger" purchases like park tickets and hotels (I'm brand agnostic). I'm not huge into churning, so I'm wary to add another AF card, but would. The Citi Custom Cash looks like like a winner because the "travel" category includes travel agencies (for Undercover Tourist). And I believe Disney tix direct code as live entertainment, which is another Citi CC category? Any cards with similar travel inclusions?

Last edited:
Just read on Doctor of Credit that the US Bank Radisson Rewards card has been discontinued. Some here keep the card for use of rewards at Radisson properties in Europe. I have had it for years and have used the yearly point allotment at Country Inn and Suites on my road trips as well as the occasional Radisson property.

@calypso726 - I think for new applications. Our card is still good but not sure how long it will continue to be branded as Radisson and give the points.

Last edited:
Looking for some tips on the best card(s) to get next. Our companion pass expires at the end of February so we are looking to pivot from domestic travel to more international locations. We have credits on Delta from a cancelled trip we need to use so I was looking at the AMEX Delta cards.

P1 (Me)
02/19 - CHASE Southwest Priority
I also have the CSR, CF, and DC but those have been held for over 4 years

P2 (Husband)
02/20 - CHASE Southwest Priority
07/21 - AMEX Hilton Surpass
He has held the CF and DC for more than 4 years
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly? On average, around $3000
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest? Pay in full each month
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of? STL
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program? Not really, although we prefer flying with Southwest or Delta
  • Does SOUTHWEST Airline service your airport? Yes
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? Not really
  • Do you currently have travel points or miles in any program? Alaska, AA, Delta, Southwest, Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hotels.com
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? International travel
  • When do you plan to take these trips? December 2022 or Summer 2023 to Europe, also looking at a trip to Glacier in June 2022
  • Who does your travel party consist of? Myself and spouse for most trips. Our two adult kids would be with us going to Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter