• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No fee $200 visa gift cards at staples starting Sunday!
I recently opened the CIC and I want to maximize the office supply store bonus (not necessarily organically), but I am not sure of all the ins and outs. Is there a "fireside chat" type cheat sheet for this strategy? I am on DisChurners if it is best to post those details over there.

I really wish SW would put on their site next to the schedule release dates a note like "We're done messing with peoples vacation flights up until XX/XX/2022" :badpc: Still stressing they might mess up my 6/11 flight after canceling the 6/1 flight. I booked a night at MCO Hyatt just incase if we need to leave the 12th with most the other flights on the 11th already full unless we want to leave at 6AM.

Looking at the survey on r/churning, boy do I feel old. lol And the wrong gender.

Add poor and single to the above. I was quite surprised. Granted it was a small portion of those that are members and the number of women did go up this year.

There's no way I could have done this in my 20s or early 30s. I was barely making enough to manage.

I really wish SW would put on their site next to the schedule release dates a note like "We're done messing with peoples vacation flights up until XX/XX/2022" :badpc: Still stressing they might mess up my 6/11 flight after canceling the 6/1 flight. I booked a night at MCO Hyatt just incase if we need to leave the 12th with most the other flights on the 11th already full unless we want to leave at 6AM.
From what I can see for ISP/MCO flights they haven’t adjusted the schedule for 6/7 ….

Just sharing a few things about SW I was unsure of and thought might be helpful for others:

If you have two companion passes, it is possible to book both CP earners on the same confirmation number. Then go to each CP earner's account, find the trip and "add companion" using their designated companion. Doing it this way, you end up with 3 confirmation numbers instead of four. But, what's great is that only the primary confirmation number (that of the CP earners) is time sensitive for checking in. Both designated companions will be linked in the boarding positions next to the CP holders. You do have to go in and check-in each of the other confirmation numbers as a formality to obtain boarding passes, but it isn't time sensitive.

If you are using airline incidental credits, SW taxes do post as separate transactions for Amex, even if booked in one transaction. I posed this question yesterday and wanted to confirm my experience. The charge was lumped together when it was pending, but then posted separately.

I recently opened the CIC and I want to maximize the office supply store bonus (not necessarily organically), but I am not sure of all the ins and outs. Is there a "fireside chat" type cheat sheet for this strategy? I am on DisChurners if it is best to post those details over there.
There is info on Dischurners if you have questions you can PM me as well

Just confirming, but of my current CCs, using my Lyft via CSP makes the most sense since it's 5x points?

CSP
Venture X
Delta Gold Amex
SW/RR
Bonvoy Boundless

We're going to WDW for a quick getaway next week and since DME is dead, we'll be using Uber or Lyft.

Just sharing a few things about SW I was unsure of and thought might be helpful for others:

If you have two companion passes, it is possible to book both CP earners on the same confirmation number. Then go to each CP earner's account, find the trip and "add companion" using their designated companion. Doing it this way, you end up with 3 confirmation numbers instead of four. But, what's great is that only the primary confirmation number (that of the CP earners) is time sensitive for checking in. Both designated companions will be linked in the boarding positions next to the CP holders. You do have to go in and check-in each of the other confirmation numbers as a formality to obtain boarding passes, but it isn't time sensitive.

If you are using airline incidental credits, SW taxes do post as separate transactions for Amex, even if booked in one transaction. I posed this question yesterday and wanted to confirm my experience. The charge was lumped together when it was pending, but then posted separately.

pretty sure most here know…but after reading a post on flyer talk…

the only exception to the companion being automatically checked in
Is if you purchased a A1-A15 business select fare

Last edited:
I'm using the amex.point.me to try to figure out if there is a cheaper easier way to book 4 JAL tickets in J for next summer. Anyone know if it's really possible to use Hawaiian Airlines to book JAL? I know we'll have to pay some fees, but I'm hoping it's not the $224 from CX or BA.
View attachment 649742

I don't have any personal experience with this but have been researching HawaiianMiles recently and came across this. Seems you'd have to call to book and there is conflicting info about whether one ways are allowed (says one way not allowed, but then shows one way in the chart). Perhaps if you do call you can find out what the fees would be? If transferring MRs, that 20% discount would be nice and could offset some of the fees you'd otherwise pay booking through BA, for example.

Looking at the survey on r/churning, boy do I feel old. lol And the wrong gender.
Same... I can't believe how young the average churner is, I guess they have more time to churn?

I would assume most of us here are female? or am I wrong?
Add poor and single to the above. I was quite surprised. Granted it was a small portion of those that are members and the number of women did go up this year.

There's no way I could have done this in my 20s or early 30s. I was barely making enough to manage.
That survey was amusing to look at. Did you see that there were only 927 responses, representing 0.2% of the subscribers? Very self-selecting group of people who chose to fill out the survey. I know I didn't bother.

More retention DPs. Tried for my Schwab plat and got 40k for $3000 spend. Still have a few months until the AF, so going to try again.

I asked if they could check my Bonvoy Biz too and was finally transferred to Business Membership Consulting. Tried 3 times before and general chat always said no offers and didn't transfer me. So finally got transferred. And there really is no offer lol. Will try one last time after the AF posts.

That survey was amusing to look at. Did you see that there were only 927 responses, representing 0.2% of the subscribers? Very self-selecting group of people who chose to fill out the survey. I know I didn't bother.

Likely you only filled it out if you're on reddit a lot. People on reddit a lot during the day? People who work desk jobs (tick up that income box), less work obligations like meetings (tick down that age).

*ETA I'm a lady and I'm on reddit once a day -- I didn't even realize there was a survey running (shrug)

No fee $200 visa gift cards at staples starting Sunday!

Is there a quick and dirty explanation somewhere of how using gift cards for MS works? I have picked up the general idea but I don't want to make any assumptions and mess up.

I found one, but I am open to reading more so I'm sure I get it if anyone has a good reference to point me to.

Last edited:
Same... I can't believe how young the average churner is, I guess they have more time to churn?

Female. Not young LOL

I rarely get on there, so I never saw the survey but went to peek at the results today.

It doesn't bother me I'm a good 10 years older than the mean. It bothers me that I didn't start 10 years ago when it was super easy to rack up points (no 5/24, better MS options).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter