I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I are looking at traveling to London for an NFL game later this year. Has anyone travelled to London for an NFL game? Were there packages released for flights, hotels, and tickets? What airline should we be looking at? We live in Louisiana and would fly out of Baton Rouge or New Orleans. What credit cards would be good to grab to try and use the bonus to pay for the flights or hotel. I have around 150K IHG points (by then I'll have a FNC as well) if those can be used in London.

You'd have to check with the team to see if they are doing packages. If you are trying to use points for anything at a good rate and near thr stadium I'd be booking that now not trying to get points. Or I'd be booking a backup with cash. Same with airline tickets. Especially if others will be leaving from the same airport with similar dates.

I can't see the team offering a package that is worth the money but you'd want to find out how to buy tickets before deciding. No clue how that works but if a package is somehow the only way to do it then you'll need to go that route.

I know someone was trying to get Marriott FNC that expire in June extended. Any luck? I'm still debating if I use them in NC in June (it was my last effort to use them) or see if I can get them extended. I'd prefer to use them a different way as the hotel I'm using them for is Carolina Beach, and I prefer Atlantic Beach/Emerald Isle area.
It was a hard no. I wrote a *****y email to Marriott corporate, not that I think it will get me anywhere.

Speaking of Marriott FNCs...dumb question...I should be getting my first ever Marriott FNC any day since I’ve hit the one year anniversary on my AMEX Marriott Biz card. How/where will I get that FNC? Will it just show up in my Marriott app? Or the AMEX app? Where do I look for it? Thanks!
AmEx take 8-12 weeks to post. My 2 nights from Feb and Mar anniversaries both just posted 5/15. (Last year they were 5/3.) My Apr anniversary card posted 7/12 last year so I'm expecting the same this year.

AmEx has a bit of a batch process going. I think both my AFs posted in Mar statements so I think that's why I get both nights at the same time. This is the first year I did actually receive an email that my FNCs posted o_O Usually I just stalk the Marriott site. Funnily enough I did check on 5/15 and they weren't there. So they either snuck in after I left or were backdated.

Chase, on the other hand, posts on the anniversary date. Or at least for our old discontinued cards they do ($85 Premier, $99 Biz). I know when they introduced the new WoH cards they started delaying anniversary nights for 2 months like AmEx does, but the old Hyatt cardholders were getting their cert on the anniversary like usual. Now that Chase updated the new Marriott cards not sure if anything has or will change regarding that.

It was a hard no. I wrote a *****y email to Marriott corporate, not that I think it will get me anywhere.

UGH. That's what I was thinking. I guess I should focus on the week will still be "free" (I would use IHG points for the other hotel/area) and maybe try to focus on the fact I'll be actually on the beach, LOL.

My wife and I are looking at traveling to London for an NFL game later this year. Has anyone travelled to London for an NFL game? Were there packages released for flights, hotels, and tickets? What airline should we be looking at? We live in Louisiana and would fly out of Baton Rouge or New Orleans. What credit cards would be good to grab to try and use the bonus to pay for the flights or hotel. I have around 150K IHG points (by then I'll have a FNC as well) if those can be used in London.
Which stadium? Is it Tottenham? We were there in March & I can share info about location, etc. if that's the stadium.

I have a fraud alert and it prevents me from getting instantly approved for anything. I have to call into the credit card company preemptively to verify my identity. The alternative is to wait for the fraud department to contact me and I am too impatient for that. It sucks but it is after all for my protection.
Thank you! I will try that.

Speaking of Marriott FNCs...dumb question...I should be getting my first ever Marriott FNC any day since I’ve hit the one year anniversary on my AMEX Marriott Biz card. How/where will I get that FNC? Will it just show up in my Marriott app? Or the AMEX app? Where do I look for it? Thanks!
I just got my Amex Bonvoy one this week from my March renewal. They do send you an email, first telling you it will come in 6-8 weeks and then telling you that you've received it. I believe the Chase ones come faster or at least used to. I've got a Chase Marriott that renews in June.

@lsutigers03
We flew AA biz from Chicago on AA miles, so I'm not sure I can help you there. Others are likely better than me there. I think the general idea is transfer your UR and book with the airline as canceling flights booked with URs has been problematic.
Tottenham really wants fans to buy tix thru them, going so far as to list StubHub and similar as illegal ticket sellers. That said lots of people buy thru resellers without issue though I will say Tottenham club sells soccer (English football) tix far cheaper than resellers but they are hard to get. Not sure exactly how the football tix work but there is a place to sign up for info https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/premium-experiences/nfl-premium-options/ We bought premium tix thru a certified seller P1 Travel https://www.p1travel.com/search/?_sf_s=Nfl For soccer games they do have packages with hotel but the premium seating package we had was awesome. The stadium is new and beautiful and premium seats gave us second row with access to the clubhouse (called Lower East Side) with free food. I circled us in red. 358EB4A7-B3EF-4D15-A5C5-CC4E62E2FC83.jpeg
We stayed in London near Buckingham Palace (The Resident Victoria booked with URs thru Chase portal) and ended up staying an extra day to see the game, so our last night was the Hilton Heathrow. We took an Uber to the airport, checked in then took an Uber to the stadium. IIRC it was about an hour on a Sunday afternoon and cost $70 (for reference a cab from the airport to hotel in London was $92 when our pre-arranged car didn't show) Uber was a bargain. We returned to the airport hotel via train and Underground. Can't tell you how much but cheaper than Uber, also took more time and I believe 3 transfers (credit to DH using the London transit app and figuring it out.) Honestly I'd have taken an Uber back but getting one after a game was probably impossible. The Stadium is located in a small town (suburb?) with no local chain hotels. I noted a few boutique hotels or pubs with lodging but didn't investigate further.
Let me know of any other questions. I can also check with a friend who saw the Bears play there pre-covid.
View of stadium from train station
06EDF3C8-8C32-4953-BD48-EAE2C70EB77C.jpeg

@lsutigers03
We flew AA biz from Chicago on AA miles, so I'm not sure I can help you there. Others are likely better than me there. I think the general idea is transfer your UR and book with the airline as canceling flights booked with URs has been problematic.
Tottenham really wants fans to buy tix thru them, going so far as to list StubHub and similar as illegal ticket sellers. That said lots of people buy thru resellers without issue though I will say Tottenham club sells soccer (English football) tix far cheaper than resellers but they are hard to get. Not sure exactly how the football tix work but there is a place to sign up for info https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/premium-experiences/nfl-premium-options/ We bought premium tix thru a certified seller P1 Travel https://www.p1travel.com/search/?_sf_s=Nfl For soccer games they do have packages with hotel but the premium seating package we had was awesome. The stadium is new and beautiful and premium seats gave us second row with access to the clubhouse (called Lower East Side) with free food. I circled us in red. View attachment 670129
We stayed in London near Buckingham Palace (The Resident Victoria booked with URs thru Chase portal) and ended up staying an extra day to see the game, so our last night was the Hilton Heathrow. We took an Uber to the airport, checked in then took an Uber to the stadium. IIRC it was about an hour on a Sunday afternoon and cost $70 (for reference a cab from the airport to hotel in London was $92 when our pre-arranged car didn't show) Uber was a bargain. We returned to the airport hotel via train and Underground. Can't tell you how much but cheaper than Uber, also took more time and I believe 3 transfers (credit to DH using the London transit app and figuring it out.) Honestly I'd have taken an Uber back but getting one after a game was probably impossible. The Stadium is located in a small town (suburb?) with no local chain hotels. I noted a few boutique hotels or pubs with lodging but didn't investigate further.
Let me know of any other questions. I can also check with a friend who saw the Bears play there pre-covid.
View of stadium from train station
View attachment 670139
Thanks for the information. My wife has been looking at hotels near the stadium so I'll compare with what she found.

I met the 3k spend for my hyatt 5k pt offer way earlier than expected thanks to a vet bill. Dude had a cyst or something that started bleeding and we could get it to stop and after a day it would start again, even covered. Hadn't wanted to make him do surgery at 15 1/2 but had to. Had the much smaller one removed too so it won't be an issue. Smaller in that it's smaller than a pencil eraser vs the pea size of this. Nothing crazy though after the bill I wish I could've just gone dr pimple popper on it 😂

Anyway I will be 5/24 at some point this summer so I don't want a personal card. I will eventually need a bbp I think it is to keep my me safe but I'll have my plat until at least next Feb so it's not urgent.

Current biz cards
AS
DL gold
Hilton

Anything cc with amex I'd have to close a card, prob the Hilton cause the dl personal isn't a keeper so I need the gold.

I don't ms and can't do a spend over 4k in 3 mos.

Thinking about the aa biz since it's got such a good offer now but I don't generally fly them but could use for a partner later on. Marriott is also on my radar for potential wdw trip but it would need to be an awesome offer for it to make sense and I'm pretty sure the one now isn't.

Could use more mr but can't do a plat and I think that's the only charge card. I think the DL offers aren't that good esp for the af.

Am I missing any? Hate to get a card just to have a sub I may not need. Though it was nice to have enough AA miles for the flight mco to phx.

Not even sure chase will give me a biz card after all the reasons for the last denial but I'd like to at least try since I do need more UR. Which is why I want to get back under 5/24.
I'm on the same boat too! I need a new Biz card. I've been hearing about the AA biz card being really good. I might consider that. I was thinking of getting the CIC also. I can always use more points that convert to Hyatt points.

I'm on the same boat too! I need a new Biz card. I've been hearing about the AA biz card being really good. I might consider that. I was thinking of getting the CIC also. I can always use more points that convert to Hyatt points.

I have a flight on aa next year so it would make the af 65 since I'd have to pay for my checked bag. The earlier boarding is also nice. I just don't have a use for them but I also know it's nice to have something like this in my back pocket just in case. And 80k miles for only 2k in spend is hard to ignore when my biz card options are limited.

Someone fraudulently opened a BoA Alaskan Airlines card in my name. Got an Experian alert a few days ago that a hard inquiry was generated and then got an email from BoA my card was on its way. I have no idea what the end game was here since it was being shipped to my home address but I called BoA and had them close it and submitted a fraud report. Now I gotta deal with getting this hard pull taken off my credit report. This goes against my 5/24 too and I was just about to apply for a CIC. So frustrating.

Sorry I meant to reply yesterday. Yes, they need refs here like crazy! Though the refs in SE MI suck, LOL. I'll admit as a hockey parent we're not the nicest. I mean if I showed you the video of the ref just skating by after my son was illegally checked to the ice and didn't get up for 5 min, I think my anger was justified, LOL. Where will you be? And congrats on the house!
I'm in WI between Green Bay and Milwaukee, so for the most part not the crazy hockey parents I've seen and experienced, especially when I lived in the Minneapolis suburbs. Once registration opens next month I will start the process.
Has anyone been able to book a Sleep and Fly type package, where you can leave your car at hotel, with points plus cash?
I've done it at the Hampton Inn at ORD. When I went to book one of the options for points was the park, stay, fly package with parking for up to two weeks.

I feel like I might need to close a Chase card. I have 5 personal cards and 4 business cards, I plan to apply for a CIC in July. Or do you all think I’m okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter