I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not going well... all new accounts locked, opening funds tied up and some (including me) have already switched DD and now are completely lost on what to expect

I don't have access yet, but they emailed me a customer feedback survey today. I think I'll wait to fill it out. :scratchin

I was going to hold off on the survey too, give them a chance to fix things. But there's a DP on DoC that they were asked for verification (DL, utility bill) soon after doing the survey, so I went ahead and did it.

So it's looking better. Seems they just want to verify the accounts, not shut everyone down. Which kind of makes sense since the offer is still up.

I think there's a certain level of risk to them. Something can be okay with Amex until it's not. I think many on r/churning who are doing one every 90 days are cashing out as they go.

Quite possible it's fine and nothing ever happens. But I can see the next shutdown survey first question being how many NLLs did you do.

The thing that makes this different than other things is amex is the one sending the emails out. Or putting out public offers with the nll. People, from what I've read, aren't buying mailers, manipulating links or anything else that's previously been done that cause clawbacks etc.

Sure amex is always going to do what they want but I can't imagine they don't know what's going on or they wouldn't be sending out so many mil offers to people that already hold a biz plat.

The thing that makes this different than other things is amex is the one sending the emails out. Or putting out public offers with the nll. People, from what I've read, aren't buying mailers, manipulating links or anything else that's previously been done that cause clawbacks etc.

Sure amex is always going to do what they want but I can't imagine they don't know what's going on or they wouldn't be sending out so many mil offers to people that already hold a biz plat.

The marketing team may not be on the same page as the RAT team.

Everyone has their own risk tolerance. I have plans to keep my MR balance low. DH has not done any, so I feel better storing his balance.

Hello,

I have DD on my CP with SW. I wanted to purchase early bird for myself. When I asked the SW cs rep if I have to purchase it for DD who is flying with me on the same flight, the cs rep said yes. I thought that I read here somewhere that I don't have to do this? CP will be checked in at the same time as the primary person flying? I could not find that post anymore so asking here if other's experience with this.

Thank you!

Okay, so I have a vanilla platinum (got two retention offers in a row so when AF posts I'll probably cancel), a CS platinum (got retention offer last year so maybe I'll cancel when AF posts), and two business platinums (got retention on one last year, the other is still in year 1). I got a targeted email for 150k MR points for $15k in spend in 3 months plus 10k for an employee card with 1k in 3 months. NLL. I'm thinking about applying and using it for q2 and q3 estimated tax payments. Am I pushing my luck? I also have two Amex gold biz cards at the moment (will cancel both of those when AF posts).
I got the same email and also have multiple platinums already. It is so tempting but I worry I’m playing with fire. The only thing I see noted in the terms is about abuse by applying for an offer intended for someone else, returning merchandise you purchased to get the bonus, or canceling before having the card for 12 months. I did flag the email and have until 7/31 to apply so I’m going to think about it. I cash my MR out to Schwab and transfer to my regular bank pretty quickly, but I would hate to be totally locked out of Amex. Idk.

I also got the email. I think I’m fairly risk adverse, and I think if I were in your shoes, I would apply. You never know if you will find yourself in pop-up jail and sounds like you’ve exhausted many of the higher paying SUBs. So if you found yourself without this Amex relationship, would that be the worst thing?

Not sure what you are doing for groceries, but I have been doing a combination of meeting MSRs, fuel points, GC purchases, etc to save/earn about 37%. So I'll buy a $250 GC for Instacart from Kroger when they are running their 4x fuel points sale. At Instacart I earn both a rebate back and Delta SkyMiles. We fill up both cars at the pump and save $35 using our fuel points. Right now I have a free express membership at Instacart (I primarily use Aldi- so also super cheap).

Savings and earnings on a $250 Instacart GC
Savings/EarningsPoints Value
SUB (prorated)
2500​
URs$ 37.50
category UR earned (1x)
250​
URs$ 3.75
4x fuel point savings$ 35.00
Instacart Express 5 % rebate$ 12.50
Delta Skymiles linked to Instacart (1.5 miles/$)
375​
SkyMiles$ 4.88
$ 47.50$ 46.13
37%​
savings/earnings on grocery spend
I just joined Instacart to have a birthday cake and flowers delivered to my DS in Gainsville, FL. How do I sign up for rebates and Delta points? Love the idea of instacart gift cards. I always have Kroger fuel points to redeem each month, usually from Disney GCs.

Anyone know if you can refer between Cap1 card types? Trying to get Hubby's Quicksilver to refer me for Venture, but not seeing the option on the page. I wasn't sure if there was a trick I was missing or if we were just SOL on that extra bonus.

This would be a very risky move and would also likely put additional eyes on the account that the account holder may not want. What would be the factual basis for a CFPB complaint? @smallsy is looking for an exception to policy, I don't think getting lawyers involved is the way to get an exception. I would be calling in, sending a SM and/or email, maybe even an actual mailed letter. But no way am I going to risk a complete shutdown over something that was my screw up.

In my experience, these complaint processes escalate the issue to someone who can resolve the issue. Perhaps someone may not want eyes on their account, and that is understandable, and if that's the case, I can see CFPB is a risk.

Protection bureaus exist because the small consumer does get caught in the the bureaucray of these large companies and they give an opportunity for the small consumer to be heard, when they are otherwise dismissed. I have been successful with complaints filed to our state insurance commissioner when United Healthcare or BCBS doesn't process a claim properly, and it gets stuck in their endless loop system. I have been successful in complaints filed with US Dept of Transportation when flights which were altered or canceled weren't refunded properly.
The factual basis for a complaint can be as simple as "I rightfully earned these points, worth x amount. I didn't realize/failed to transfer the points in the short window provided due to _____ circumstances. I have requested an exception and was immediately informed one could not be provided. I was not provided an opportunity to appeal or have my request reviewed by someone in a position to approve the request."

What I would do may not be what others would do, of course.

I just joined Instacart to have a birthday cake and flowers delivered to my DS in Gainsville, FL. How do I sign up for rebates and Delta points? Love the idea of instacart gift cards. I always have Kroger fuel points to redeem each month, usually from Disney GCs.
5% back on eligible pickup orders

Here's some partnership promotions, including the Delta promotion. Also looks like there's some out there for Grubhub, Costco and Mastercard, though I haven't looked into any of those.

I was going to hold off on the survey too, give them a chance to fix things. But there's a DP on DoC that they were asked for verification (DL, utility bill) soon after doing the survey, so I went ahead and did it.

So it's looking better. Seems they just want to verify the accounts, not shut everyone down. Which kind of makes sense since the offer is still up.
I am finding some comfort in the couple of DPs suggesting ID verification... I am hesitant to rock the boat unless we get more similar DPs. I am shut out and my $5k initial deposit it inaccessible and I'm scheduled to receive DD tomorrow as well.

I do Grubhub pickup. Usually a smaller order or some place that doesn't mark up their price. I know some do Cheesecake Factory GC and store those up, but you have to buy them in person.
I might do be able to use it for Grub Hub, CF is close but I never go to that part of town.

Hello,

I have DD on my CP with SW. I wanted to purchase early bird for myself. When I asked the SW cs rep if I have to purchase it for DD who is flying with me on the same flight, the cs rep said yes. I thought that I read here somewhere that I don't have to do this? CP will be checked in at the same time as the primary person flying? I could not find that post anymore so asking here if other's experience with this.

Thank you!
It's not a formally announced policy, but that is how it has worked since July of last year.
I have a new Amex Rose gold, how do you all use the $10 monthly dinning credit?
I usually use the $10 Grubhub credit on lunch from a local chinese restaurant. I use the $10 Uber on UberEats, usually a pickup order so it's actually a benefit.
Protection bureaus exist because the small consumer does get caught in the the bureaucray of these large companies and they give an opportunity for the small consumer to be heard, when they are otherwise dismissed. I have been successful with complaints filed to our state insurance commissioner when United Healthcare or BCBS doesn't process a claim properly, and it gets stuck in their endless loop system. I have been successful in complaints filed with US Dept of Transportation when flights which were altered or canceled weren't refunded properly.
The factual basis for a complaint can be as simple as "I rightfully earned these points, worth x amount. I didn't realize/failed to transfer the points in the short window provided due to _____ circumstances. I have requested an exception and was immediately informed one could not be provided. I was not provided an opportunity to appeal or have my request reviewed by someone in a position to approve the request."
That's not a factual basis for a complaint and in the finance industry I would expect this to end up more likely to be completely shut down by Chase rather than getting an exception and access to the points. If an insurance company doesn't process a claim properly, that is a factual basis for a complaint, not following the agreement you made is not. It's also written in the UR agreement that they may shut down your UR account if they believe you've misused the program in any way. Filing a frivolous complaint about the program could be construed as misusing the program. I would send an email to the EO, explain the situation and hope they make an exception.

I am finding some comfort in the couple of DPs suggesting ID verification... I am hesitant to rock the boat unless we get more similar DPs. I am shut out and my $5k initial deposit it inaccessible and I'm scheduled to receive DD tomorrow as well.

Just got the e-mail responding to my survey and requesting documents. I'm hoping by responding fast that will prevent account closure. There is 1 DP on DoC now of closure, but they didn't set up their online account yet.

Tried helping my just turned 18 y/o son set up a Chase Freedom student credit card. It says “in review.” Wasn’t that a death nail w/ chase? Wondering what the problem is. He has no credit history tho

I have a new Amex Rose gold, how do you all use the $10 monthly dinning credit?

We did the Cheesecake Factory GC thing, but now we just have a pile of gift cards. Sometimes we will go to Shake Shake, but more often I use it to order stuff on Boxed. They were a lifesaver when I couldn't find TP or Clorox wipes, and they still have some good deals on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter